Forum › Chaako-san's Little Cuties discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Cats, man.

This is a sequel to Kanon-san's Little Cutie, by the same author!

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Well this clears up the "actual animal people or metaphorically personified animals" dilemma and it is also very cute and good.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Seriously, stop trying to kill me with all this cute. My heart can't take it!

Sans%20titre
joined Feb 8, 2014

It was so cute my heart just melted~

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

They're adorable and all, but this feels like a nekopara situation...are they like second class citizens? Humanoid pets? It's weird!

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

They are normal animals...drawn as humans. I think. @.@

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

They're adorable and all, but this feels like a nekopara situation...are they like second class citizens? Humanoid pets? It's weird!

I'm just gonna gloss over the larger implications of the setting and go with seeing it as an adoptive children dynamic because I have a feeling the author didn't actually put much thought into the societal ramifications of domesticated animal kemonomimi as sapient humanoid species.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Rough cat tongue on the cheek... shiver

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

They are normal animals...drawn as humans. I think. @.@

I don't think so, it was ambiguous in the first one but here the humans directly respond to what is being said by the animal girls as if they actually knew what they are saying which would imply that it's not artistic personification but actually the in-universe case.

Lol
joined Jan 2, 2018

okay so yea I need twenty more volumes of this

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Complete... cute.... overload (gasp)! Must... write... good.... review (gasp)!

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

I loved it up to a point... then the suddenness of it all seemed so rushed?
From page 17 or 18 on it just was... PZOWIE! The cat turns 180 and is totally happy because... because... what the heck? A single nose-boop is not enough to overcome all those (to a cat) insults and acts of aggression.

I love the series, but that bit just lost me entirely. It needed a couple more pages of 'cat mellows out' to be believable... I use that term "believable" loosely of course, lolz! It is a story with talking animals after all.

last edited at Mar 9, 2019 1:49AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

If you're looking for me, search for the puddle daawing all over.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

So after I got a replacement heart surgery after the last chapter I was finally able to return to reading this and-
Pupper and Purrer action
WHYYYY?! Why d'you do dis to meeee!!! heart vessels burst

last edited at Mar 9, 2019 6:33AM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

cyute

Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

Anyone else reminded of that video where the dog farts and the cat vomits? It literally came to me when they kissed and then the owners kissed as though it was romantic but I imagine if they weren’t humanoid it’d be pretty weird

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

This is a story about two lesbians raising two adoptive children that are probably also lesbians.

joined Jul 26, 2016

It's cute and all, and from what I know of it a pretty accurate take on the "language barrier" between dogs and cats, but also gives me that uncomfortable old NekoPara vibe. Plus I'm pedantic enough to be bothered by the insistent description of unambiguous hands - opposable thumbs and all - as "paws". That's not what the word means gdi! >_>

joined Apr 2, 2013

I don't think so, it was ambiguous in the first one but here the humans directly respond to what is being said by the animal girls as if they actually knew what they are saying which would imply that it's not artistic personification but actually the in-universe case.

I reply to my dogs like they're actually saying something. Maybe the author does too, lol. Considering the drawing of the cat showing body language I'm voting on actual animals.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I reply to my dogs like they're actually saying something. Maybe the author does too, lol. Considering the drawing of the cat showing body language I'm voting on actual animals.

Unless you are a telepath or your dogs are capable of advanced sapient thought, I kinda doubt this level of conversation is comparable. The owners reacted to and answered pinpointed questions and gave a literal book to a dog, who read it and understood it and had a conversation with a cat afterwards.

If you or your dogs are somehow capable of this... please share your secrets with me!

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

It's really better if you don't think about it too much.

joined Jul 26, 2016

It's really better if you don't think about it too much.

That'd be fine if it was, say, a zany screwball comedy or one of those lulzily over-the-top action shounens. But when what's supposed to be a heartwarming slice-of-life type story with a touch of romance requires you to actively ignore implied slavery in order to not be uneasy with its premises I think an important mark or two was missed somewhere along the way... : /

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

It's cute and all, and from what I know of it a pretty accurate take on the "language barrier" between dogs and cats, but also gives me that uncomfortable old NekoPara vibe.

I get what you mean. Though, curiously enough, most people I know were more annoyed by Shigure's incestuous thirst than by the servant catgirls...

But when [...] a story requires you to actively ignore implied slavery in order to not be uneasy with its premises I think an important mark or two was missed somewhere along the way... : /

The azis in C. J. Cherryh's Cyteen universe come to mind...

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I didn't get a NekoPara vibe from this at all since it involved relationships between two animal characters and didn't have a human protag that went about everything like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGQVW_KCUnY

This was just a whole bunch of cute

joined Jul 26, 2016

I didn't get a NekoPara vibe from this at all since it involved relationships between two animal characters and didn't have a human protag that went about everything like.

Rather missing the point, which is primarily about the whole "sentient-creatures-as-property" bit... also known in agrarian societies as "slavery".

To reply you must either login or sign up.