Forum › Citrus + discussion

Mog2
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ever since the ending of the main series my brain has been on a partial strike when it comes to thinking about this one--where exactly does this fall in the timeline of the series?

Well, it seems that these chapters, set as a string of days in the Yuzu and Mei's routine during the third year, are before Mei's confession on the couch at the end of 41 and of course before the wedding that probably happens just after graduation.

Mei has just come back, there are some boxes in their room, so she came back the 27th of May, 2 weeks after the balcony scene... the last pages of 41 seems to be some vignettes in the future that she will probably develop during the year. Chapter 2 is m days after ... but Mei is learning to be more open, not enough to be the one who openly jumps on Yuzu at the end of 41 and confess in the spur of the moment.

So we are in the in between the part in the manager's house and the last pages. The spin-off seems to take the road to develop the third year, the big ellipse the author did between the balcony scene and the wedding. So the end is already set, it is more expanding the couple's everyday life and the side-characters adventures around them, how they react and how they will probably set their own goals.

last edited at Feb 20, 2019 2:31AM

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

let's try not to jump to conclusions on Harumi having feelings for Yuzu, Harumi hasn't showed any sign's of any romantic Interest towards Yuzu at all. Harumi is just a good friend to Yuzu that all. She being supported of her best friend Yuzu relationship with Mei.

LOL the denial is strong on this one, I guess people only accept things when they see love declarations from bulding tops or something. Of course Harumin has feelings for Yuzu, I don't know how people still think that was not the case even after chapter 39. But it doesn't need to be like "omg Yuzu is my ONE TRUE LOVE". She has a crush, because she probably likes girls. In a way it's a relief that she has a crush on Yuzu lol if it was some random dude then the HaruMatsu ship would be sailing into the abyss.

I think the drama is going to be about how Matsuri, who is obviously into Harumin, is going to try harder at making Harumin fall in love for her instead. She will have more chances to spend alone time with Harumin now that Yuzu is solely focused on Mei.

The core of the issue here though is that Matsuri seems pretty awkward about these things. She can't express worry without being straight to the point, in a way that probably won't make a super closed-off personality like Harumin open up...also Harumin has shown inconsistent behavior towards Matsuri, it's hard to know if she cares for her or not. Am looking forward to the next chapters!

Probably a bit of both denial and inability to read subtext.

005ejqrjgy1fzoq9y1j6fj319c1sw7sj-
joined Jul 6, 2018

Harumin is probably confused or is really in love with Yuzu in such a wrong time. And yet she keeps on denying it whenever Matsuri corners her. I hope the next chapter will clear Harumin's feelings towards Yuzu. Also, I like the fluff!

Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

So either Harumin does have feelings for Yuzu, or Matsuri is too focused on Harumin and is making overreaching assumptions about Harumin's motives.

Things like Matsuri saying that Harumin is too affectionate with Yuzu could be read as Matsuri's observations being clouded by jealousy. Even the cover of the story is Matsuri staring at Harumin in the hallway at school, plus Matsuri following Harumin around and spying on her could mean that it's Matsuri's feelings that might be love that the title could be referring to.

Curious to see where it goes, but so far it seems like a plotline that will result in Harumin and Matsuri getting closer.

last edited at Feb 20, 2019 10:39AM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013
joined Aug 29, 2015

Just speculations based on Harumin's behavior. Harumin saw Mei approaching Yuzu and she instinctively decided to hide and wait, maybe she just wants to give them some privacy? or she feels awkward being with them together?

One thing I know for sure is that Harumin seems to always know when it's not the right time to get involved with Yuzu and Mei especially when she "still didn't know" that they're in a romantic relationship.

When Matsuri confronted Harumin that she's being too affectionate with Yuzu. Harumin acted like she was being caught in the act but she only played it cool. Her expression look like she was being called out for something she always gets away with.

I love me some Mei x Yuzu x Harumim x Matsuri. I hope Sabuoro will go with this route.

last edited at Feb 20, 2019 11:53AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ever since the ending of the main series my brain has been on a partial strike when it comes to thinking about this one--where exactly does this fall in the timeline of the series?

Well, it seems that these chapters, set as a string of days in the Yuzu and Mei's routine during the third year, are before Mei's confession on the couch at the end of 41 and of course before the wedding that probably happens just after graduation.

Mei has just come back, there are some boxes in their room, so she came back the 27th of May, 2 weeks after the balcony scene... the last pages of 41 seems to be some vignettes in the future that she will probably develop during the year. Chapter 2 is m days after ... but Mei is learning to be more open, not enough to be the one who openly jumps on Yuzu at the end of 41 and confess in the spur of the moment.

So we are in the in between the part in the manager's house and the last pages. The spin-off seems to take the road to develop the third year, the big ellipse the author did between the balcony scene and the wedding. So the end is already set, it is more expanding the couple's everyday life and the side-characters adventures around them, how they react and how they will probably set their own goals.

Thanks!

Tara_grin2
joined Nov 27, 2017

I really hope that Sara and Nina show up soon and get more screen time in this one.

I really hope that Sara and Nina show up soon and get more screen time in this one.

Am hoping for that too.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Things like Matsuri saying that Harumin is too affectionate with Yuzu could be read as Matsuri's observations being clouded by jealousy. Even the cover of the story is Matsuri staring at Harumin in the hallway at school, plus Matsuri following Harumin around and spying on her could mean that it's Matsuri's feelings that might be love that the title could be referring to.

I agree with this. I don't think Harumin loves Yuzu romantically.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Mei is really dislikable with her communication disorder.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Mei is really dislikable with her communication disorder.

Yeah, she seems to go well beyond stoicism/reserve to something more like compulsive not-talking.

Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

When Matsuri confronted Harumin that she's being too affectionate with Yuzu. Harumin acted like she was being caught in the act but she only played it cool. Her expression look like she was being called out for something she always gets away with.

Well, the original series had moments like Harumin feeding Yuzu etc. Harumin's just the touchy feely type. However, Harumin did those things without realizing Yuzu and Mei were dating at the time and Mei likely wouldn't be too happy if she ever saw them doing those things together, especially since Mei herself is having a hard time trying to become more affectionate with Yuzu.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Mei annoys me so much, I skim through every time she is on the scene. If the series was only Yuzu and her interacting I wouldn't read Citrus at this point. I wonder if it's a common feeling among readers? Maybe Sabu will slowly switch focus...

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

Mei annoys me so much, I skim through every time she is on the scene. If the series was only Yuzu and her interacting I wouldn't read Citrus at this point. I wonder if it's a common feeling among readers? Maybe Sabu will slowly switch focus...

I have the same issue with yagate and Yuu. I don't like her,never probably will.
So I stopped reading it
You should do the same with citrus if you don't like the main characters love interest

last edited at Feb 20, 2019 8:58PM

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

I thought this sequel series would fix Mei's robot syndrome, but i guess she still hasn't learned enough words to communicate properly with her freaking lover even though all the drama is finally resolved. I swear if this communication deficit becomes a source of another drama of 5 volumes again im gonna lose it. =)))

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

I have the same issue with yagate and Yuu. I don't like her,never probably will.
So I stopped reading it
You should do the same with citrus if you don't like the main characters love interest

I actually liked Mei till chapter 36. I suffered but by the time she reappeared, my opinion had done a 180 and I felt the story was better off without her lmao

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

So I stopped reading it

I actually liked Mei till chapter 36. I suffered but by the time she reappeared, my opinion had done a 180 and I felt the story was better off without her lmao

For me the Mei-less chapters were a torture and probably the less fun to work on them. To each their own

joined Aug 29, 2015

In my opinion, Yuzu and Harumin wouldn't be this likeable, if it weren't for Mei.

But how interesting would it be, if Citrus was an actual love triangle story between Mei x Yuzu x Harumin and Harumin was the protagonist?

Anyway, Yuzu and Harumin were not romantically link on Citrus but they're interactions were one of the best things in the manga and anime. they're just too entertaining to watch.

E6ede813daabea1e3e623efa6effd4febf2648bc_hq
joined Nov 16, 2015

You think the ones that hold the umbrellas are top?

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

It depends what they use them for.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I believe this (rather smug) lady would disagree:

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

I Would Take A Bullet For You Saburouta

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

also does anyone know if seven seas is going to publish this spinoff too

also does anyone know if seven seas is going to publish this spinoff too

I think they will publish the spin-off, but it might be awhile before it happens.
I mean there's only 2 chapter's at the moment.

To reply you must either login or sign up.