Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

That was cute. But how dense can they both be?

If someone tried hard enough they could use this equation:

D = (P + 2B)/N

Let Density = D
Let # of Pages Where Yurine Does Not Understand Feelings = P
Let # of Shiramine's Confused Blushes = B
Let # of Pages Where Shiramine or Yurine Appear = N

I'd calculate but... well... there's a lot to go through.

Ah, that's a math homework I would actually want to have... I will try to do it as soon as I can, but studying for the 3rd quadrimester, re-watching YagaKimi with my brother, watching a documentary on the Korean War with my dad, going to dates with my girlfriend, reading this thread and various unforseen distirbances will probably slow me down considerably, but I'll try my best.

joined Oct 22, 2018

So they kissed right in front of Torayama's mom and she didn't mind....welp

Maybe she's aware of the fact that the gayness levels in Seiran are sky-high?

joined Oct 22, 2018

People: Stop dragging out the plot, and wasting chapters on other characters!
Canno: Aight. [compresses an entire new arc into a single chapter]

You can make a meme out of this.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I’m just a tad impatient for the two new chapters available elsewhere to show up here, only because they display a pretty elegant way of tying all the various arcs into the thread of our main pair of darling dunderheads.

I accept that Yurine is a bona fide genius, but I absolutely love the shots of her when she’s idiotically besotted with Princess Tsundere.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Anyway, after having finished reading the thread, I just want to take the time to thank Lyendith (and, to a lesser extent, Faust) for the translations, to thank several people (I actually forgot which ones, but I think you'll know better if yourself are in those several people than I would know) for the images you found on the Internet (mostly twitter) and, of course, thank you to Lyendith for the chart.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Not that it matters much, BV, but I think you’re misnumbering the chapters in your latest posts.

Question how come chapters 46,47 & 48 are not here, but their on other site's?

last edited at Jan 19, 2019 6:32AM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Waiting for proofreading. I sent them to Dynasty today though, so they might pop up soon.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Waiting for proofreading. I sent them to Dynasty today though, so they might pop up soon.

Yeah, that “conference on carrer paths” in the latest one stuck out, for some some reason.

Thanks for your hard work.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I read the latest chapters and I suddenly have a doubt: is there any male character depicted or even mentioned in the whole manga?

Are these girls gay, or is it an alternate universe like "Eden no Otome" where men have gone extinct (or never existed in the first place)?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I read the latest chapters and I suddenly have a doubt: is there any male character depicted or even mentioned in the whole manga?

Are these girls gay, or is it an alternate universe like "Eden no Otome" where men have gone extinct (or never existed in the first place)?

I happened to read this yesterday (TV Tropes, I think): Canno says no men are depicted intentionally.

But, I take it, not an actual alternate universe, just a 404: Men Not Found version of ours.

Here it is, under One-Gender School: “Seiran Academy is girls-only. Canno has made it clear that she doesn't intend to introduce any male characters in the story.”

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Manga/AnoKoNiKissToShirayuriWo?from=Manga.AnoKoNiKisuToShirayuriWo

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, there is like, zero surprise or stigma about being in a same-sex relationship. These girls come out right and left to Shiramine to explain their relationships and it's like there's no issue in "that world" whatsoever.

I know this is on purpose, but it being so far removed from reality lessens my ability to relate to these characters.

joined Jun 12, 2015

The entire idea of "non romantic" relationship in this series is retarded.

last edited at Jan 19, 2019 4:13PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

If I remember correctly, (even though this can't possibly count as a character) there were a few images that featured a male professor handing exam results to Ayaka and Yurine's class in that chapter in which Ayaka had a fever, and then fell unconscious just as she realized that she won (on that one exam).

As for the second paragraph, I made a pun (but, as you can see, deleted it) stating how Seiran is so full of lesbians, that one could say it's saturated...
or, should I say...
satyuriated?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QoPWALM2riQ

last edited at Jan 19, 2019 4:19PM

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I'm 2019th comment
Nice!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well I saw this already in mangadex but it's nice to see it here already :P I really lost it at "So there was that option too..." I was like GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURLLLLLLLLLLLLL D: because I thought she could be in denial, but she really didn't know!!!!

Still, beautiful seeing all this couples finally leaving all their doubts behind.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

"friends"
Legitimately what the fuck, I feel robbed for half these couples

joined Jun 30, 2016

3 chapters! it took a while!

Large
joined Nov 25, 2018

Is this the end?

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

Is this the end?

Not yet, but if it's supposed to end after everything between Ayaka and Yurine has been settled, I'd say we have only this volume left, and maybe one more at most after this.

I wish it wouldn't end though, I enjoy all these different couples way too much, and I'd be happy if Canno continued the story introducing new couples and sometimes going back to older ones, after everything is said and done.

last edited at Jan 19, 2019 10:01PM

joined Oct 15, 2014

"friends"

LMAO same dude but hey I don't really mind

Large
joined Nov 25, 2018

Is this the end?

Not yet, but if it's supposed to end after everything between Ayaka and Yurine has been settled, I'd say we have only this volume left, and maybe one more at most after this.

I wish it wouldn't end though, I enjoy all these different couples way too much, and I'd be happy if Canno continued the story introducing new couples and sometimes going back to older ones, after everything is said and done.

I hope too, I really like this story

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

"friends"

make you wonder why we had to slog through all the side stories, it it wasn't really yuri in the end.

last edited at Jan 19, 2019 10:27PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Hmm, “half the couples aren’t yuri”? Is that true, or is that just blowing smoke out of someone’s ass? Let’s see, shall we?

Let’s start with the ones that are definitely couples in a romantic sense:

• Sawa & Itsuki—we know that because we just saw it.
  • Asuka & Mikaze—broke up, then got back together. Closest we’ve seen to people actually having sex.
  • Mizuki & Moe—sexiest kiss in the series; planning their lives together.
  • Chiharu & Izumi—“We’re a couple,” says Chiharu.
  • Amane, Ryou & Nina—hmm, we don’t see them in a naked 3-way, true, but if that’s not yuri, I don’t know what it is.

Almost certainly going to be a romantic couple rather shortly:
* Shiramine & Yurine

Ambiguous Status for a Reason:
* Aika & Haine—Incest
* Nagisa & Hikari—Double Tsunderes, will deny they like each other when they’re living together with a bunch of cats in their 70s.

Longtime Friends in a Remarkably Intense Relationship:
* Yukina & Towako

So, not counting the unrequited and/or silent crushes and the Little Theater pairs, and assuming that the definition of “yuri” doesn’t require on-panel fisting scenes as confirmation, I’m seeing a good deal more yuri than not.

YMMV.

last edited at Jan 19, 2019 11:27PM

joined Apr 12, 2015

Feels like we're beginning to approach the end. This would be a blast to reread once completed.

To reply you must either login or sign up.