Forum › Their Story discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

? This is set in China bro

Yesyes, but we were talking about mangas in general (or at least that was my understanding) and this and Beloved aside it's all Japan.

headtilt.jpg
...I question the size of your reference pools.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

So, it is safe to assume, I guess, that in another world those two would have kissed right now. I'm expecting tons of fanart and doujinshi to actually depict it.... Anyone? Pls? (Or I'll have to do it myself, and you don't want that :p)

theyve kissed once already

Well, they should kiss again >:3

joined Sep 3, 2017

At a glance something like 95% of the comics on this site are manga and most likely take place in Japan, but if you include mahnwa and manhua, then the statement becomes inaccurate... but if referring to manga? Then it's almost all japan :) We are getting a bit off-topic though and perhaps lost in particulars :D

C44d8dc6-30f6-464b-9df6-21306e5b293c
joined May 16, 2017

"Don't you threaten me with a good time!"

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I have lesbian relatives and none of their relationships are rosy/enviable like in these stories, especially the older ones. It’s just so much better in 2D.

I have straight relatives. A lot of them have crappy relationships, domestic abuse, divorce after having kids, have affairs, etc. I could easily say the same for straight relationships.

joined Jul 11, 2015

PLS LET THE KISS HAPPEN.
PLS LET THE KISS HAPPEN.
PLS LET THE KISS HAPPEN.
PLS LET THE KISS HAPPEN.
PLS LET THE KISS HAPPEN.
PLS LET THE KISS HAPPEN.
PLS LET THE KISS HAPPEN.
PLS LET THE KISS HAPPEN.
PLS LET THE KISS HAPPEN.
PLS LET THE KISS HAPPEN.
PLS LET THE KISS HAPPEN.
PLS LET THE KISS HAPPEN.
PLS LET THE KISS HAPPEN.
PLS LET THE KISS HAPPEN.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

So much for all the talk about what would never happen in the series ^^;

Although it might not happen. But if that's not an implication of feelings returned I don't know what is.

We have explicitly known their feelings are mutual for over a year now. You are missing the point.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

You are missing the point.

Which is?

Why do people like to criticize without pointing out what the actual problem is? If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I'd like to know why and about what then ^^;

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

You are missing the point.

Which is?

Why do people like to criticize without pointing out what the actual problem is? If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I'd like to know why and about what then ^^;

It depends on what you were saying "Might not happen" Were you talking about the mutual romantic intentions? Because anybody who at any point in the entire history of this thing ever thought they weren't ultimately going to end up together just wasn't paying attention. There are several flash-forwards to after they are definitely a couple. They end up together. They were never not going to, it was never even questionable, because the author released images of them as an adult couple waaaaay back when they were still in the earliest stages of flirting.

If you mean that this specific kiss at this specific moment might not happen, then sure, that's possible.

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

c h e e k y

Ed452a370d5d73ed7156feba5cbc6a02
joined Aug 9, 2011

About time

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Qiu Tong, you're so fucking gay.
She wants to be a top but she's the bottom of the relationship.

joined Mar 25, 2015

PLS LET THE KISS HAPPEN.
PLS LET THE KISS HAPPEN.
PLS LET THE KISS HAPPEN.

Your prayers worked!!!!!

joined Jun 30, 2016

Oh boy!! its now totally official! hahaha!

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Doesn't the yaoi fandom actually have a term for that? If so, we should borrow it for situations like this.

Capture1%20edited1
joined Jul 10, 2016

Smooth af

joined Jul 26, 2016

QT really needs to do something about all those inhibitions if she doesn't want to keep getting one-upped by SJ (who has few to none).

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

hopefully the artist won't get into trouble for this but so grateful for the kiss

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

damn, all that teasing, but kudos for that amount of balls (or ovaries), dear artist!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Doesn't the yaoi fandom actually have a term for that? If so, we should borrow it for situations like this.

Yup, its something like seme and uke though I forget which is which - and you do occasionally see it used in yuri with obvious 'tops' and 'bottoms'.

p.s YAY another kiss at last :) Are we going to get another confession at some point soon, and them becoming an official couple? I hope this doesn't get judged inharmonious or whatever crap they call it and killed off.

last edited at Jan 3, 2019 4:34AM

Itzameapotterhead
Img_pzb2xa
joined Jul 4, 2016

The yuri fandom also has a term for that. Top = Tachi and Bottom = Neko

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

What I usually find appealing in yuri relationships is precisely when the author removes the power dynamics.

That one of the characters doesn't have to "take charge" of the relationship and the other doesn't has to be passive is refreshing compared to the usual tropes in het or yaoi relationships. Top+Bottom, Tomboy+Girly, Man+Woman, are indicative of heteronormativity.

Another reason why I like reversals. Because it introduces balance in the relationship.

I'm a bit sad that with Qiu Tong and Sun Jing, the latter is obviously a "male" protagonist. Would the story really change if Sun Jing was a boy? She's even almost designed as a guy: tall, no hips, no boobs. She's in male attire all the time, except in school..

Their relationship would be the same : Qiu Tong would be as bashful and Sun Jing would be as aggressive.

joined Jul 11, 2015

OH. MY. GOD. WHY.

i was expecting more p3p) like, yknow.. wishing the kiss is shown, and not just from the back :( sigh im such an ungrateful child.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'm a bit sad that with Qiu Tong and Sun Jing, the latter is obviously a "male" protagonist. Would the story really change if Sun Jing was a boy? She's even almost designed as a guy: tall, no hips, no boobs. She's in male attire all the time, except in school..

Their relationship would be the same : Qiu Tong would be as bashful and Sun Jing would be as aggressive.

I get your point - and I personally generally prefer fem/fem type yuri - but Sun Jing is not being less a girl, or just a man stand in here. Plenty of girls really act and dress like her - there's the whole 'butch' thing - is that term still used?

My point being the author is not trying to sneak in hetronormalcy by having a girl be the 'man' imo - and Sun Jing is just as much a valid representation of girl as Qiu Tong - and also, there is not necessarily a power imbalance, even if one seems more 'masculine' or assertive.

I would probably enjoy it more if they were both like Sun Jing - but I feel yes, the story WOULD change a lot of Sun Jing was a boy.

joined May 25, 2017

personally, i really love this manga because sun jing isnt the stereotypical girl. she does align toward more butch standards, and that's where some people (including myself) relate to her a lot, and enjoy this story much more because sun jing is a representation of less feminine women.
though i do love my two fluffy girls, this story just really validates me to see sun jing and her guy friends.

To reply you must either login or sign up.