Forum › Pages in Search of a Bookmark discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ Well, we can still have a twisted tale about a childhood friend out for payback on the girl she blames for her beloved's misery.

Rikako is right around the corner overhearing this haircut/bonding scene, which sends her . . . etc.

(And I swear that's been a yandere hairdo from the get-go.)

Even if she does turn yandere I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to hate her, she'll still be a favorite, unless she resorts to extreme violence of course

That's kind of the great thing about this one--we can't really tell if Rikako's stupendously badly timed confession (not to mention her abrupt abandonment of her longtime "don't break the delicate glass" strategy) was a function of an unstable psychology or just bad writing.

Not that those two things are mutually exclusive, but . . .

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Dialogues are bad. Like, godawful bad. >_<

This chapter, in a nutshell, is made of Mr. Exposition spouting the Author's Message.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Dialogues are bad. Like, godawful bad. >_<

This chapter, in a nutshell, is made of Mr. Exposition spouting the Author's Message.

This critique raises an interesting question:

Was this story better when readers couldn't tell WTF was going on, or is it better when readers are told directly WTF is going on?

Answer: No.

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

MC seems to be handling all this fuckery well

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

MC seems to be handling all this fuckery well

She seems to handle everything except grumpiness from her supposed loved one pretty well, because of a remarkably centered (albeit timid and introverted) personality or a slight degree of brain damage has yet to be determined.

(The news of the actual death of her loved one rocked her back on her heels a bit as well, but that could happen to anyone.)

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

Must be well acquainted with tragic tropes. She's an avid reader after all.

Was this story better when readers couldn't tell WTF was going on, or is it better when readers are told directly WTF is going on?

Please just put me out of my misery sooner. As much as I enjoy speculations and writing a long tirade about tragedy in yuri, give me something direct for once so I can just let it go. This is fine. There were hints about the different person. And we finally got the big reveal so all the readers can also let it go like the MC.

As far as The Twist goes, it's better when we are told WTF it was in this case. There's no point in dragging the mystery on forever, it'd end up being a *Nisekoi situation. Nobody wants another Nisekoi situation.

*Goddamn it, so which girl did the idiot make that promise with. Etc. How long can this dumb rom com continue without a proper resolution.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Character development!

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

So we're confirmed that they're twins, and that she started growing her hair after Touka died, which pretty means that Ayaka has the fastest growing hair in history.

Also, evidently when going to the library daily to search for her loved one, Chitose walked RIGHT PAST her twin without recognizing her face.

And once again, we're left with a manga where nobody seems to respond to anything like a human being. (sigh) I feel like there's been a lot of that, lately. Also we're just blowing past the confession from Rikako, apparently.

I did kind of enjoy the bit where Chitose thought she was gonna get stabbed.

At the beginning of the next chapter, Ayaka's hair should be awful and lopsided, with Chitose apologizing because she doesn't actually know how to cut hair. ;p

last edited at Oct 29, 2018 9:36AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

And once again, we're left with a manga where nobody seems to respond to anything like a human being. (sigh)

Hey, compared to Black Lily and White Lily, this is like freakin’ Tolstoy or Virginia Woolf.

That doesn’t mean it’s good, of course—just compared to . . .

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Hey, compared to Black Lily and White Lily, this is like freakin’ Tolstoy or Virginia Woolf.

That doesn’t mean it’s good, of course—just compared to . . .

You're not wrong.

10350345_10203915261036022_4042905298182130354_n
joined Mar 1, 2015

If Touka didn't die I would like her to end up with Chitose but now that she is dead I want Chitose to end up with Rikako..I was really sad when I hear about Touka's past especially knowing that the reason she tried hard to survive was because of Chitose..Also, don't know why but I don't like her twin sister..

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

If Touka didn't die I would like her to end up with Chitose but now that she is dead I want Chitose to end up with Rikako..I was really sad when I hear about Touka's past especially knowing that the reason she tried hard to survive was because of Chitose..Also, don't know why but I don't like her twin sister..

I mean, Ayaka impersonated her dead sister and deceived Touka's girlfriend (it's confirmed their feelings were mutual, so I'm gonna just call them girlfriends) into thinking she was her, -apparently- explicitly as some kind of ill-defined revenge scheme that she couldn't quite commit to?

I mean, absent any other knowledge about her, that's fucked up, and it's more than enough of a reason to dislike somebody. ;p

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I mean, Ayaka impersonated her dead sister and deceived Touka's girlfriend (it's confirmed their feelings were mutual, so I'm gonna just call them girlfriends) into thinking she was her, -apparently- explicitly as some kind of ill-defined revenge scheme that she couldn't quite commit to?

I mean, absent any other knowledge about her, that's fucked up, and it's more than enough of a reason to dislike somebody. ;p

I dunno, it's pretty common--at least a couple of people I started dating later switched out with their semi-evil twin.

I'm pretty sure, anyway.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Oh, yeah. There was some ...character development. In the...kinda evil twin. (--- ____ ---- )

This series feels so long and bland, ha-ha.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I dunno, it's pretty common--at least a couple of people I started dating later switched out with their semi-evil twin.

I'm pretty sure, anyway.

Man, I hate when that happens.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I hate when my evil twin pretends to bee after I die.
But again, I don't have a twin and I didn't die.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Are you sure? Are you really sure?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

juanelric posted:

Spoiler: You're the evil twin, you just have amnesia from the shock of it all.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

juanelric posted:

Spoiler: You're the evil twin, you just have amnesia from the shock of it all.

These hypotheticals are getting better than the actual story by the minute.

Both twins are the products of a cloning experiment by Dr. Nicotina Exposita gone awry. No wonder she’s so depressed.

man kids sure mature fast nowadays

i didnt even know love was a thing until high school xd

Just read chapter 8 & it was good, can't wait to see how this develops.

I don't think that Ayaka is a bad person it just she had a lot to deal at the time, she knows what she did was wrong & now she trying to make amends for it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Just read the last two chapters elsewhere. I . . . kinda got nothin’. It’s pretty much a mess, but I’ve read bigger messes. The characters are poorly delineated and inconsistent, but I’ve seen worse. The drawing style varies widely, so that I’m not even sure this is the same series I started reading. Maybe I’m actually my own not-exactly-evil-but-definitely-pretty-fucked-up twin.

Pero01
joined Apr 1, 2014

that´s it? ._.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaabygirl
joined Oct 5, 2017

this left me unsatisfied

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

Stupid does not begin to describe this series.

To reply you must either login or sign up.