Forum › Trap Heroine discussion

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

Trap is a slur that frames transgender and crossdressing people as deceptive and predatory. This perception is used to justify violence against us. I've seen it use against myself and transgender friends by people who hate us repeatedly. It is not a term that belongs on Dynasty-Scans any more than tranny would. It's unacceptable. It's extremely disappointing that you'd allow stuff to be listed here with slurs in the title.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Reads above post
Popcorn anyone?

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I like how the first chapter has the same story as yesterday's yaoi release.

boy traumatized by guys who likes to dress up in feminine clothing
ends up in same dorm as them

new ideas pls

45146235_746277355746718_170304489897590784_n
joined Dec 19, 2016

Trap is a slur that frames transgender and crossdressing people as deceptive and predatory. This perception is used to justify violence against us. I've seen it use against myself and transgender friends by people who hate us repeatedly. It is not a term that belongs on Dynasty-Scans any more than tranny would. It's unacceptable. It's extremely disappointing that you'd allow stuff to be listed here with slurs in the title.

Dude that's the literal translation of the title. It is written in katakana and it is meant to be read that way.

You are being disappointed for no reason.

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

Trap is a slur that frames transgender and crossdressing people as deceptive and predatory

Yeah... That's the point... MC starts out heavily transphobic because he was bullied. I'd think (or at least hope) that if this ever gets continued and translated it would disappear from his vocabulary as the manga progresses

Tr*p

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Tr*p

Trope Heroine

joined Jan 4, 2014

It reads very much like Prunus Girl, all the way down to the first meeting being framed with Sakura petals. Going to be interesting to see how it differentiates itself (if it does at all).

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

Oh, I like these days when there are 10 times less yuri on Dynasty than yaoi/trap shit that's added everyday.

No, I don't.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Oh, I like these days when there are 10 times less yuri on Dynasty than yaoi/trap shit that's added everyday.

No, I don't.

Oh, I forgot this site exists specifically to cater to your personal wants and needs, how silly of me. It is not like we have, I do not know, a system of tags that allow you to know what the work contains, so you can read just the yuri ones. Wait...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Wow really nice comment to start the thread huh? XP hope no one takes the bait further and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD read the tags next time and avoid wasting your and our time by commenting.

This is funny manga, glad to find it here too... While dynasty is famous for it's yuri content and community, we shouldn't say no to any other kind of content just because some people don't like it, I know this is taking it too far but I would be happy talking with you all about dungeon meshi or Kengan Asura for example... Or Hanebado (THE MANGA IS INFINITELY BETTER THAN THE ANIME)

last edited at Dec 7, 2018 6:09PM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Oh, I forgot this site exists specifically to cater to your personal wants and needs, how silly of me. It is not like we have, I do not know, a system of tags that allow you to know what the work contains, so you can read just the yuri ones. Wait...

Think about it this way: every second of the 10 minutes it took me to upload this was spent not uploading a yuri work, all of the hours that it took to typeset and translate it, the weeks it took the author to write and draw a chapter of it, all not used to create and make available here a yuri work. In the same way that if you read a chapter on here or torrent an episode of anime you are taking a sale away from the original creators when work is done to create something you don't like it is taking away work that would have totally been done to make available to you something you do like.

There are no parallels between this and being unreasonably angry about videogames you don't like coming out in a series you're a fan of whatsoever.

joined Mar 31, 2013

It's unfortunate that the title is literally 'Trap Heroine' with katakana, but at least in JP works the intent isn't hostile. And for this MC, being as much of a dick about it as he is, it's actually pretty appropriate.

On the other hand, translators that still use 'trap' for 'otoko no ko' should probably think about changing it up.

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

Instead of reading this manga, ima read the comments section instead. 13 comments in and it’s already heated, can’t wait for more updates

Cat
joined Jan 21, 2015

All this heat about tr*ps and nobody has even mentioned that this has already been dr*pped

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

All this heat about tr*ps and nobody has even mentioned that this has already been dr*pped

shit. how many chapters?

joined Aug 21, 2017

is it really a trap you if you enjoy it

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

shit. how many chapters?

according to baka-updates a group named "MIKA" released chapters 5-7.5 about two months ago.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=146761

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Is not dropped at all, not axed in Japan and not dropped by the translation group .-.)
Top Ten Worst starts in a Manga Discussion

Just a goddess with her guardian
Picsart_05-18-01.21.06
joined May 9, 2017

Well, this is cute.
For anyone who dont like this, keep it for yourself.

pzl direct hate at trump

we here have no ill intentions

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Hi all, I just want to wish you all a good day.

Also, nice manga.

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

Reads above post
Popcorn anyone?

Im down, i'll bring the coke

432027e9-d7bf-4855-8947-d2e8c86accea
joined Jun 3, 2018

The site I’ve been reading this on hasn’t put a ‘yaoi’ tag on it (not even ‘shounen ai’), though they’ve put the ‘romance’ tag. So I’ve been reading it this whole time expecting the boy to be a girl, pretending to be a boy, whilst dressing up as a girl. Just summed it up to another confusing het romance.

last edited at Dec 8, 2018 7:40AM

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

At least for me, trap usally means someone is so cute, that he can pass as a cute girl.

Don't hurt the feelings of fictional characters I guess...?

I think they don't mind though.

Some people even are offended if you use yuri for yourself instead of lesbian or gay, but I like yuri way more. It sounds nice. :c

To reply you must either login or sign up.