Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

"extremes"

Mmmmkay.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Enough, already. Take it somewhere that it's vaguely on-topic.

9b1d0703-1cf0-4df6-bc19-0b2abfd56881
joined Nov 23, 2015

Next chapter Dec 27. Start of the field trip.

W.H.A.T.???? I mean, R.E.A.L.L.Y.?

Foreclosure in 2020?

Maybe, maybe we just have hope for volume 8? Really hope this one has a good ending that's not rushed or think for yourself open endings!

In the meantime, the anime and the radio show can hopefully keep us preoccupied.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=やがて君になる~私、このラジオ好きになりそう~&oq=やがて君になる~私、このラジオ好きになりそう~&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i65j0.1184j0j4&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Translation of radio 1 https://www.reddit.com/r/YagateKiminiNaru/comments/9lf1xw/october_4_bloom_into_you_i_think_im_going_to_fall/

Seiyuu interviews https://seiyuuplus.wordpress.com/2018/10/15/191-yagate-kimi-ni-naru-part-1-takada-yuki-kotobuki-minako/

https://seiyuuplus.wordpress.com/2018/10/16/192-yagate-kimi-ni-naru-part-2-takada-yuki-kotobuki-minako/

https://seiyuuplus.wordpress.com/2018/11/05/195-yagate-kimi-ni-naru-kayano-ai/

And the Opening and Ending song CDs are out. Support the Seiyuu, remember they get commission on the CDs sold. Have to say the ED song really grew on me and love their voice!

last edited at Dec 2, 2018 1:31PM

joined Dec 28, 2016

In unrelated news: I have some crazy idea, but I'll have to say it at the Dynasty Cafe thread, or, even more preferably, on the Sasameki Koto thread. If you're interested, see me there.

Please don't advertise your own posts, it's tacky.

You, in particular, should keep more to the topic of the discussion since you've already been told to take off-topic stuff elsewhere. Please have at least that tiniest bit of self-control.

Banning people is always an option.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I love riko-sensei

last edited at Dec 2, 2018 3:35PM

Compressed-zqdp
joined Jan 16, 2018

Riko x Miyako is easily the best pairing in this series, only othercouple to come close is Yuu's sister and her boyfriend.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

Riko x Miyako is easily the best pairing in this series, only othercouple to come close is Yuu's sister and her boyfriend.

No love for Sayaka-sama and me?

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Miyako x Riko is lowkey goals

Heavensrun mostly covered it already. In episode 9 specifically you can really tell that most of the first half was either outsourced animation or rushed. The budget was instead used on the race and toolshed scenes to make them look as good as possible. Hope the context helps.

It would be so nice if people stopped spreading the idea that anime production is like a vending machine where "budget goes in, anime comes out"

I'm not clear what you mean by this. Clearly the quality of the product isn't entirely dependent on the budget, and there's plenty of effort and artistry that goes into all anime, but it's also true that you tend to get what you pay for. More money means more man hours, which means more animation frames. There isn't that much of a dearth of decent animators in the industry as long as the studio can afford to pay them, so...Yeah, it kinda does mostly come down to budget in most cases.

Or am I misunderstanding your point?

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

This special chapter was so precious oh my god <3

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

That was a neat chapter tho. I almost wanna see a actual side series on them too. Gotta be interesting being a lesbian teacher. I assume she's closeted at school, which must be a issue.

I don't think she's lesbian, lesbian is the one who likes females/women only, Riko had heterosexual relationships before and is giving it a go with Miyako, if anything Riko is Miyakosexual

you got that based solely on the fact she had a boyfriend? i assume you know that just cause you're homosexual doesn't mean you've never dated someone hetero-aly before. all we know is she had a single boyfriend. not that he was the first, or last in a string of them. just about that one. and we do not know other than he had misogynist expectations of her how attracted she really was to him. and even if she cried a little for him, which shows she cared for him at least a little, that doesn't say in what way. it could also be simply that you're taught that that's what you do when you are broken up with. happened to me with my first boyfriend. i was upset but later realized i really wasn't, only because that's how i was "supposed" to feel. so, who knows, maybe she really is some super raging lesbian and she just never realized it. it doesn't always for some. because being hetero is such a natural way of life, some don't realize they really don't go that way without blatantly seeing an example of it. they need a light turned on to tell them, oh, i really am that way, while others just know down to their marrow they are that way right from the start.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I don't think she's lesbian, lesbian is the one who likes females/women only, Riko had heterosexual relationships before and is giving it a go with Miyako, if anything Riko is Miyakosexual

you got that based solely on the fact she had a boyfriend? i assume you know that just cause you're homosexual doesn't mean you've never dated someone hetero-aly before. all we know is she had a single boyfriend. not that he was the first, or last in a string of them. just about that one. and we do not know other than he had misogynist expectations of her how attracted she really was to him. and even if she cried a little for him, which shows she cared for him at least a little, that doesn't say in what way. it could also be simply that you're taught that that's what you do when you are broken up with. happened to me with my first boyfriend. i was upset but later realized i really wasn't, only because that's how i was "supposed" to feel. so, who knows, maybe she really is some super raging lesbian and she just never realized it. it doesn't always for some. because being hetero is such a natural way of life, some don't realize they really don't go that way without blatantly seeing an example of it. they need a light turned on to tell them, oh, i really am that way, while others just know down to their marrow they are that way right from the start.

Riko sensei explicitly (in an earlier chapter) said she prefers men over women in general, and that Miyako was an exception that she was serious about pursuing. In the absence of anything else, I think it's reasonable to take that as meaning she's possibly bi with straight leanings or straight with an exception. We don't really have anything to go by other than her word, so I don't think their conclusions are unreasonable.

joined Nov 28, 2018

I think Riko-sensei is a bi with straight leaning. Miyako did ask her she dated both men and women. Though Riko sensei was cleared and honest to Miyako when she said, she didn’t particularly preferred women. Miyako was a special case to her.

And at the same time, I don’t think it’s weird if a girl has an exeception. It really does happen in real life lol. It’s not always you have to put labels of what a woman is.

last edited at Dec 3, 2018 2:20AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Heavensrun mostly covered it already. In episode 9 specifically you can really tell that most of the first half was either outsourced animation or rushed. The budget was instead used on the race and toolshed scenes to make them look as good as possible. Hope the context helps.

It would be so nice if people stopped spreading the idea that anime production is like a vending machine where "budget goes in, anime comes out"

I have seen an entire episode done by just one artist before and it looked absolutely stellar. So yeah, artistic drive can make up for a lot. Buuut... it took him 5 months to make that episode. And he was incredibly skilled.
Studios have an intense schedule and limited ressources to invest into animators. What dictates the quality of animation is time and budget (I will take artistic passion for granted, because nobody would be crazy enough to enter that horrible industry otherwise).

Consequently, as time is even more sparse than money, it's not uncommon anymore for an anime studio to outsource scenes or entire episodes to Korean and Chinese studios, because it's cheaper and allows them to focus their limited time on other episodes. Sadly it shows.

In this case Troyca has a very recognizable quality standard and style. So if they cut down on the budget for a scene you are extremely aware of it right away. This isn't a case of a different artist taking the reigns (like in the infamous 4th episode of Gurren Lagann, which was not badly animated, just different), it's clearly sloppy work. Though it's still well done compared to truly cheap animation.

last edited at Dec 3, 2018 3:23AM

joined Oct 27, 2018

In this case Troyca has a very recognizable quality standard and style. So if they cut down on the budget for a scene you are extremely aware of it right away. This isn't a case of a different artist taking the reigns (like in the infamous 4th episode of Gurren Lagann, which was not badly animated, just different), it's clearly sloppy work. Though it's still well done compared to truly cheap animation.

Well, if skimping on the earlier sequences is what it took to create that race scene, then I can't complain. It's my favorite scene in the whole show so far. Which is funny because it didn't make that much of an impression in the manga.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Well, if skimping on the earlier sequences is what it took to create that race scene, then I can't complain. It's my favorite scene in the whole show so far. Which is funny because it didn't make that much of an impression in the manga.

I think I replayed that scene four times after finishing the episode haha

The manga gave it weight too though. I mean, it is clearly the moment where Yuu finally falls for Touko or rather her heart begins to realize it. That's pivotal all over! The implications are supported by the simplicity of the page. And Yuu being completely dazed afterwards was soooo good~

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I think I replayed that scene four times after finishing the episode haha

The manga gave it weight too though. I mean, it is clearly the moment where Yuu finally falls for Touko or rather her heart begins to realize it. That's pivotal all over! The implications are supported by the simplicity of the page. And Yuu being completely dazed afterwards was soooo good~

I went over that chapter again and... for someone who purports to love understatement I sure miss a lot of subtlety. I'd read the entire story twice before, always casually fast-forwarding through what looks like just another manga action scene.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

The anime is still over 2 years behind the manga so admittedly I forgot much of the subtlety and fine details. I had to re-read the race: I forgot whether or not Sayaka said anything in her head during the race in the manga (she didn't), but when I watched the anime, the way she said "Touko..." in her head... man. I'm not even cheering for Sayaka to win Touko or anything (she never "struck" me the way Yayaka did) but I felt a little bit of doki-doki there.

And even during Touko's run, where everything's supposed to fall away to white and Yuu can only see Touko, I'm flipping through the manga pages again and again and I feel like I'm almost missing the supposed impact of the scene even AFTER watching it in the anime. As if I can STILL flip through the manga with nothing more than a "hmm, yeah, Yuu's love for Touko grows yet again, by a bit, another brick in the wall". It was so much more vivid and "blown-up" in the anime, I just got swept up with the whole "woohoo! You're gay! Yuri is great!"

Personally I think the "obviousness" of the anime is fine, it's neither better nor worse; imo it serves as a foil almost to the manga. It copies the "big picture" stuff but goes a little above and beyond in animation and audio, which obviously the manga couldn't do anyway.

last edited at Dec 3, 2018 11:00AM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

And even during Touko's run, where everything's supposed to fall away to white and Yuu can only see Touko, I'm flipping through the manga pages again and again and I feel like I'm almost missing the supposed impact of that scene even AFTER watching it in the anime.

I think it's Yuu's hands lowering from her face during pages 14-15 that we're supposed to notice. It doesn't exactly leap at you.

last edited at Dec 3, 2018 10:52AM

joined May 7, 2017

That was a neat chapter tho. I almost wanna see a actual side series on them too. Gotta be interesting being a lesbian teacher. I assume she's closeted at school, which must be a issue.

I can't believe I have to explain MIYAKOSEXUAL was a joke, you and Bug Devil, can't take a hint jeez

joined Oct 27, 2018

Personally I think the "obviousness" of the anime is fine, it's neither better nor worse; imo it serves as a foil almost to the manga. It copies the "big picture" stuff but goes a little above and beyond in animation and audio, which obviously the manga couldn't do anyway.

It's for the better that the anime cuts down on the subtlety a bit. Anime have wider audience than manga, and I've already seen some really bad takes from ppl who have missed the subtlety in the manga. I don't want to imagine what that would be like if the anime was just as subtle.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I really don't think it was too subtle in the manga... the world fading away and Yuu forgetting to cheer and then being too dazed to realize the race is even over, those are all pretty blatant. I guess its a bit different depending on what you expected, but that scene in conjunction with the toolshed follow up made it crystal clear to me.

@TifalovesAerith
It seems me replying with a joke was somehow too subtle as well. Maybe I learned too much from Nakatani-sensei lol

last edited at Dec 3, 2018 1:13PM

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

That special is some hardcore diabetes-inducing drugs man. I live for this kind of stuff.

joined Oct 27, 2018

I really don't think it was too subtle in the manga... the world fading away and Yuu forgetting to cheer and then being too dazed to realize the race is even over, those are all pretty blatant. I guess its a bit different depending on what you expected, but that scene in conjunction with the toolshed follow up made it crystal clear to me.

@TifalovesAerith
It seems me replying with a joke was somehow too subtle as well. Maybe I learned too much from Nakatani-sensei lol

Oh, I personally don't think the manga is all that subtle. But I've seen some rediculous takes that make me wonder if we are even reading the same manga.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

And even during Touko's run, where everything's s
upposed to fall away to white and Yuu can only see Touko, I'm flipping through the manga pages again and again and I feel like I'm almost missing the supposed impact of that scene even AFTER watching it in the anime.

I think it's Yuu's hands lowering from her face during pages 14-15 that we're supposed to notice. It doesn't exactly leap at you.

I think it's actually a really good example of how much music can add to the emotion of a scene. I mean, just looking at it objectively, the sequence of events from the moment Sayaka hands off the baton is pretty much exactly the same as the anime. Yuu goes to cheer, but when she starts watching Touko move, the world goes white. Everything fades away and she can't see anything but Touko running. She lowers her hands, the wind catches her hair, and she just STARES. She's so mesmerized by Touko she doesn't even notice that they lost except by Akari's reaction after the fact.

Beat for beat, it's the exact same events in the same order, and honestly, I haven't done the math, but they spent two pages on this moment in the manga, so I bet you it's even pretty representative in terms of emphasis. But it FEELS so much bigger in the anime, because MAN that song sells the moment REALLY well.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Also I really just want to comment on how adorable it is that Yuu gets psyched up when she sees how much Touko wants to win.

To reply you must either login or sign up.