Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Good news: ‘hectopascal’ at #11 / ‘Kimi ni furete’ at #12 in iTunes Japan charts today!

https://i.redd.it/0qteo0xra7121.jpg

First: How aren't both of them in the top 10?
Seond: How is "Hectopascal" ranked higher than "Kimi ni Furete"?

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

Because people like that one more? I know I do.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Good news: ‘hectopascal’ at #11 / ‘Kimi ni furete’ at #12 in iTunes Japan charts today!

https://i.redd.it/0qteo0xra7121.jpg

Those songs deserve every bit of attention they are getting. This just makes me smile.

Kimi ni Furete is definitely a better song with a better emotional impact, but Hectopascal is kind of addicting with its odd autotuned chorus~

last edited at Nov 29, 2018 11:33AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Because people like that one more? I know I do.

I liked them both (which is made blatantly obvious by the first question), but I nevertheless liked Kimi ni Furete a little bit more.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Also, does anyone know where I can find this bonus/extra/special chapter?

EDIT: I know someone found the raws and linked them, but I can't read that.

last edited at Nov 29, 2018 1:37PM

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

https://m.imgur.com/a/0hqkYOf

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Can't wait for next ep. https://i.redd.it/x9vgiykp88121.jpg

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Idk the story is just too slow for me. I really like the writing, can't find any problems with it...but jfc do these people spend their lives analyzing their feelings or what? xD Like, the adult couple is much more interesting, it would be great if there was a spin-off series about them. Touko should just stop being an emo and grow the hell up. She is suffering from the ultimate 1st world problem: the girl she loves, after a long time thinks she is amazing and loves her back. Wow, what a horrible problem to have.

You aren't very introspective, are you?

Thinking about it a bit more, maybe the issue is not with the story itself but the way Nakatani writes the story..I will make a comparison with the (in)famous Citrus here. Citrus has pretty bad plot writing and pacing in my opinion, while Bloom Into You has a plot writing and pacing that is very very structured and I'd say pretty much flawless. But during the time I read Citrus, I could really "feel" the emotions of every single character; I could feel the intensity, the ups and downs and so no matter if the problems presented by the story were big or not (or had good resolutions or not), I was completely convinced by the author the problems mattered, because the emotions were successfully transmitted. While in Bloom Into You, for some reason that is not the case (for me). It could just be something about Nakatani's style doesn't work for me. I find myself interested in the story on an "intellectual" level but it doesn't grab my heart.

last edited at Nov 29, 2018 4:53PM

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

i love coming back to this forum and seeing all the insights on the imagery and stuff like the hydrangea and its meaning. waiting for the next episode of yagakimi makes lectures and lessons a million times less boring lol. if it drops in the middle of lectures guess who's gonna watch wholesome lesbian anime girls instead of studying

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Idk the story is just too slow for me. I really like the writing, can't find any problems with it...but jfc do these people spend their lives analyzing their feelings or what? xD Like, the adult couple is much more interesting, it would be great if there was a spin-off series about them. Touko should just stop being an emo and grow the hell up. She is suffering from the ultimate 1st world problem: the girl she loves, after a long time thinks she is amazing and loves her back. Wow, what a horrible problem to have.

You aren't very introspective, are you?

It's not about beinig introspective or not, but I guess I just think the story makes big problems out of relatively small problems...if that makes sense. Like, I don't find Touko's problem that traumatic for her to be making such a big deal out of it. I know it's very sad, but losing a family member all of a sudden is a common problem and she is otherwise leading a super comfortable life, her parents are around and seem to love her very much. The fact that this seems to render her unable to react as a decent person and respond to Yuu's feelings with a yes or no, and instead kind of run away from it all, really bothers me and strikes me as selfish and immature. While people seem to be like "oh poor Touko" lol

The fact she has life problems like most of the planet doesn't excuse her, and I feel that in the story both Sayaka and Yuu are enablers of her behaviour. She needs to be snapped out of it, someone should confront her and be like "girl get over yourself".

It seems as if ill have to repeat myself but as someone who has wbat you'd call minor problems, it's really insulting to hear someone say 'get over it'. Like if I could I would but, I can't help it.

By extension Touko has for several years suffered with issues of self worth issues
of self worth - whch wasonly.made worse by
Her sisters death and only 2 chapters ago did she start to address it. ITS GOING TO TAKE SOME FUCKING TIME.

if you dont understand that, then I don't know what else to say

joined Nov 28, 2018

Oh, you hear that one above, Touko it’s NOT traumatic at all that your sister died in an accident when she has to buy something because she lost in rock-paper-scissor to you. Forget your guilt, Touko. Stop being depressed over it. And those people saying some crap at your young age in your sister’s wake to be like her, it’s nonsense.

Seriously. Calling it not traumatic is the most foolish thing I heard? How is it not traumatic when someone you looked up to died when there’s a probability she might not, if they had not played some useless game? You’re not getting this story at all. You know?

Simple. Just stop reading.

last edited at Nov 29, 2018 6:00PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Thinking about it a bit more, maybe the issue is not with the story itself but the way Nakatani writes the story..I will make a comparison with the (in)famous Citrus here. Citrus has pretty bad plot writing and pacing in my opinion, while Bloom Into You has a plot writing and pacing that is very very structured and I'd say pretty much flawless. But during the time I read Citrus, I could really "feel" the emotions of every single character; I could feel the intensity, the ups and downs and so no matter if the problems presented by the story were big or not (or had good resolutions or not), I was completely convinced by the author the problems mattered, because the emotions were successfully transmitted. While in Bloom Into You, for some reason that is not the case (for me). It could just be something about Nakatani's style doesn't work for me. I find myself interested in the story on an "intellectual" level but it doesn't grab my heart.

Sounds like subtle isn't your thing. Back to telenovelas with you, basically.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

All I know is that Citrus doesn’t grab my heart like Bloom into You did to me. Lol. Am I intellectual enough?

All you have to do is keep comparing, I came to think that you’re just using this useless topic to keep shoving Citrus and how (in)famous it is. But sorry, I found Mei’s problem nonsense and repetitive so I dropped it.

last edited at Nov 29, 2018 8:08PM

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

All I know is that Citrus doesn’t grab my heart like Bloom into You did to me. Lol. Am I intellectual enough?

All you have to do is keep comparing, I came to think that you’re just using this useless topic to keep shoving Citrus and how (in)famous it is. But sorry, I found Mei’s problem nonsense and repetitive so I dropped it.

Jeez the pitchforks are out lol How dare anyone talk about anything else other than the meaning of flowers.

Anyway this is the last I will say about this topic:

Shitrus had a trashy plot and never tried to pretend otherwise. I am using it as an example here precisely because of that, but only to make a point about Bloom Into You which I believe is its biggest (maybe only) flaw.

You may think stories like Shitrus attract a lot of attention because people love "soap opera" plots and although that's also true, I have another possible explanation. I think it's because the characters were all quirky and highly rememberable in comparison to most Japanese yuri out there.

Bloom Into You, on the other hand, is much better plot-wise. But the main characters all feel strangely defined by their problems, while in Shitrus only Mei-bot was like that. It might be a general problem with very introspective stories: Yuu doesn't seem enough like her own person, at least to me, because all we are ever shown is her thoughts about Touko/love (even when she is doing other stuff), and as for Touko there is a lot of focus on her trauma of course, and maybe not enough on what makes her likable other than how she interacts with Yuu. So although the story construction itself is flawless, it makes it harder (TO ME) to feel what the characters feel and go along for the ride.

last edited at Nov 29, 2018 8:43PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Bloom Into You, on the other hand, is much better plot-wise. But the main characters all feel strangely defined by their problems, while in Shitrus only Mei-bot was like that. It might be a general problem with very introspective stories: Yuu doesn't seem enough like her own person, at least to me, because all we are ever shown is her thoughts about Touko/love (even when she is doing other stuff), and as for Touko there is a lot of focus on her trauma of course, and maybe not enough on what makes her likable other than how she interacts with Yuu. So although the story construction itself is flawless, it makes it harder (TO ME) to feel what the characters feel and go along for the ride.

I don't think this is an inaccurate reading of the story. But as you say, the important thing is how any given reader subjectively reacts to the things you describe. I personally like the combination of thematic focus and methodical plot construction, and find myself rather invested in a story that (as I have probably already said too many times), once you grant its rather bizarre premises has been flawlessly executed.

But, as we've discussed before, I'm primarily a "story" reader rather than a "character" reader, so I don't have to feel what the characters feel; I just need to believe that they feel it.

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

I don't think this is an inaccurate reading of the story. But as you say, the important thing is how any given reader subjectively reacts to the things you describe. I personally like the combination of thematic focus and methodical plot construction, and find myself rather invested in a story that (as I have probably already said too many times), once you grant its rather bizarre premises has been flawlessly executed.

But, as we've discussed before, I'm primarily a "story" reader rather than a "character" reader, so I don't have to feel what the characters feel; I just need to believe that they feel it.

In my case believing that a character feels something, which often comes from extremely good writing, is necessary to form an emotional attachment because at the end of the day these aren't real people so it takes some doing to make the jump between 'character' and 'person' in my mind.

Addressing @matsuri_wins, why didn't you just say that in the first place instead of insulting a character that 99% of people reading it like. Try to understand that saying you prefer a trashy show over a meticulously well crafted one, in the way that you did, comes across as insensitive.

joined Oct 22, 2018

https://m.imgur.com/a/0hqkYOf

Thanks.

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

I just tried listening to the dub and, as usual, everything sounds wrong. Yuu sounds like a Disney princess, Akari sounds like a vapid high schooler and I'm not masochistic enough to wait for everyone to speak.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I just tried listening to the dub and, as usual, everything sounds wrong. Yuu sounds like a Disney princess, Akari sounds like a vapid high schooler and I'm not masochistic enough to wait for everyone to speak.

I’m sure you’re right, but to be fair, Akari is a vapid high schooler.

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

I’m sure you’re right, but to be fair, Akari is a vapid high schooler.

I'd describe her as 'typical', Sayaka's senpai is someone I'd describe as vapid.

vapid
/ˈvapɪd/Submit
adjective
offering nothing that is stimulating or challenging; bland.

last edited at Nov 30, 2018 7:51AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

K. I read that bonus chapter. Now, so long after college and Riko still refers to her relationship with Miyako as "trying out a relationship" with her. If it continues this way, she'll be trying out that relationship until her last day, lol.

last edited at Nov 30, 2018 11:07AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

K. I read that bonus chapter. Now, so long after college and Riko still refers to her relationship with Miyako as "trying out a relationship" with her. If it continues this way, she'll he trying out that relationship until her last day, lol.

That "rebound" will carry them through marriage and retirement home. lol

From what we were told before I assumed Riko is the most common type of bisexual.... the ones who lean heavily towards one side and don't realize (or admit) that they are even bi. Now it seems more like she is being coy about the decision she made. Pretty cute~

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

It's out, it happened and it was beautiful: https://goanimelist.me/yagate-kimi-ni-naru-episode-9 (mystream).

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

So I really noticed the budget shift this time. They were defnitely backloading the episode as best as they could. It's completely legitimate, but it does still take me out of it a bit.
I'm glad the moment Yuu fell for Touko and the toolshed scene were done without shirking any expenses though! This director knew exactly how pivotal it was~

I would have liked to hear an actual heartbeat during that scene, but beggars cant be choosers

joined Oct 22, 2018

It's out, it happened and it was beautiful: https://goanimelist.me/yagate-kimi-ni-naru-episode-9 (mystream).

That means that there would be a 3-hour gap between the release of the episode and me watching it, at shortest.
Dammit, school. Dammit, lunch. Dammit, my own YT channel.

EDIT: It's always the same problem every Friday: both a comedy anime and the anime adaptation of my favourite yuri are releasing new episodes on Fridays, but I'm in school until 18h, and then I have to have lunch and other things. But, found consolation in actually finally going on to watch them , and the consolation may or may not be even bigger this time around, because my aunt may or may not have finished printing two texts I wrote on my computer during summer break.

last edited at Nov 30, 2018 10:30AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.