Forum › Sentimental Beach Side discussion

joined Jan 11, 2018

This reminds me a bit of this series https://dynasty-scans.com/series/the_sea_you_and_the_sun

Though shorter and not as much sex.

joined Sep 13, 2018

i expected a weird reaction when she knew she was compared to a cat this whole time. I would feel dumb

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

This reminds me a bit of this series https://dynasty-scans.com/series/the_sea_you_and_the_sun

Though shorter and not as much sex.

I thought the same thing. (Also that's probably my favorite partially-smut doujin, definitely Mira's best at the very least.)

I'll agree with the sentiment that the ending here feels a bit rushed, but I don't think the story would have benefited from more chapters. Maybe a few more pages before they're happily living together, but it still felt just about right to me. I wouldn't say no to more chapters about their life moving forward, but I think it's ok to end it here too.

edit: I was also kind of hoping for the "Yuki's a cat" reveal during the "I love you" scene. Frankly it would have been funny to me if Nanami had been straight.
That said, a noodle's only straight til it gets wet, right?

edit2: Oh right, shout out to the "H U M A N B E I N G S" shirt too.

last edited at Nov 22, 2018 3:45PM

joined Sep 11, 2014

Is no one going to comment on the dumbass salesman? "Hey, you didn't bring that gullible customer that is literally standing right there and can hear everything I'm saying to my store yet. What gives?!"

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Is no one going to comment on the dumbass salesman? "Hey, you didn't bring that gullible customer that is literally standing right there and can hear everything I'm saying to my store yet. What gives?!"

I think he was speaking the local language, hence the different font when saying those things vs. when he spoke to Nanami

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

SushiKnight posted:

I think he was speaking the local language, hence the different font when saying those things vs. when he spoke to Nanami

That definitely could've been communicated better. It didn't even cross my mind that he could be speaking a different language.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

it kind of reminds me of The Sea, You, And The Sun(in a way)
i'm a fucking sucker for foreign yuri, especially dark skin :3 what a nice read.

joined Nov 1, 2018

That definitely could've been communicated better. It didn't even cross my mind that he could be speaking a different language.

Pretty sure most people got that. Any time the natives spoke it was in that font, save for the one time he addressed Nanami.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Rini was irking me in the beginning, but it was a pretty good read. I loved the character designs too.

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

should i get a cat so she can reincarnate into a wonderful girlfriend?

Yes. And let me know if that works.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Really liked that one - it would be nice if we got a sequel :D

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gthyu posted:

Pretty sure most people got that. Any time the natives spoke it was in that font, save for the one time he addressed Nanami.

Pretty sure most people don't pay a huge amount of attention to what fonts are being used.

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

gthyu posted:

Pretty sure most people don't pay a huge amount of attention to what fonts are being used.

I do.

Also this is on GxG? Which one exactly? I haven't been reading Comic ExE ever since Nekomura dropped his series... Seems like GxG isn't on it anymore.

last edited at Nov 22, 2018 8:52PM

joined Nov 1, 2018

Pretty sure most people do. Because artists change fonts for many reasons, like characters expressing different emotions. Plus, all the bubbles where island natives talked were horizontal. While Japanese bubbles were vertical.

Also this is on GxG? Which one exactly? I haven't been reading Comic ExE ever since Nekomura dropped his series... Seems like GxG isn't on it anymore.

A basic google search gave me this
http://www.comic-medu.com/wk/gg_shortstories

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

That kabedon was top tier

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This was really nice. Also, it reminds me of that one Mira story I read before actually discovering her.

last edited at Nov 22, 2018 10:23PM

joined Apr 12, 2014

That was cute

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Rini for a name, dark skin, gamelan. I'd like to think one of the setting is in Indonesia, maybe Bali to be specific.

The whole time I'm like "is this bali" "they look indonesian" "it must be bali"
Indonesian lesbian rise (ノ・ェ・)ノ

Damn, I somehow managed to miss all the signs that this is actually a foreign country... just the concept of a manga taking place in any country other than Japan or some random European-ish country in the case of fantasy stuff is so foreign to me I didn't realize this took place in Indonesia until y'all pointed it out. I'm certainly glad that there are realsitic manga like this though that do take palce in other countries, adds even more to it. I did notice the natives' weird font, but I just forgot about it after I saw it once... boy, do I feel dumb now!

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

this is what I come to dynasty scans for, praise the lord.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

I like the change in POV in the flashback on pg18
More stories should do that

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

A basic google search gave me this
http://www.comic-medu.com/wk/gg_shortstories

Thanks, I was kinda confused since it's not on ExE anymore...

1-1%20-%20copy
joined Feb 3, 2013

Rini for a name, dark skin, gamelan. I'd like to think one of the setting is in Indonesia, maybe Bali to be specific.

time for indonesian yuri have rise.. bpp in dynasty when

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

"This is my favorite spot on the island, I call it murder cave. It's where I take all of my victims!"

I usually don't have a strike zone per se, but Nanami's outfits hit it every time for me. So cute.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

More proof that all great yuri artists start with Touhou!

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

Uhm, actually I've done some research on the "Gamelan ball". Apparently it's made by Balinese Silversmith, so yes. The setting is in Bali.

To reply you must either login or sign up.