Forum › Mochi Au Lait discussion

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

New Mochiverse Chart.

With the help of Hafo, we've created the next generation of Mochiverse chart.

There's now a live, cloud-based, and much higher-resolution chart that can be accessed on draw.io. (Note: The image after this link is a preview. To see the full-resolution live you have to click "Open in Draw.Io" at the top-center of the screen.)

Of course, for all you traditionalists, there's a rendered image on Google Drive

last edited at Nov 11, 2017 2:39AM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Question:
How do we know that "Supplementary Lessons" and "Pranking the Pranker" are set in the same school?

joined Jul 22, 2015

lenne18 posted:

Question:
How do we know that "Supplementary Lessons" and "Pranking the Pranker" are set in the same school?

I'm not sure. I'll need to ask Hafo.

Renge5
joined May 26, 2017

Question:

That's more of a theory, since they all use the same, fairly distinct, uniform. There's WAY more shaky connections in the Mochiverse than that.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

(Note: The image after this link is a preview. To see the full-resolution live you have to click "Open in Draw.Io" at the top-center of the screen.)

What should I do if no such link appears anywhere on the linked page?

joined Jul 22, 2015

Koveras posted:

(Note: The image after this link is a preview. To see the full-resolution live you have to click "Open in Draw.Io" at the top-center of the screen.)

What should I do if no such link appears anywhere on the linked page?

If that doesn't work, best to use the render/png link.

TheWidow-Sensei
Capture%20_2019-08-15-23-46-48-2
joined Dec 1, 2017

I'm so gourmand, and this author is pure sugar.

Alex
joined Jan 23, 2017

I think you will agree with me that this artist was the best in 2017

joined Jan 14, 2018

I think you will agree with me that this artist was the best in 2017

Made an account just to say, aye.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Is it just me, or has Mochi-sensei been on an unexpected hiatus since a month ago?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

MarqFJA87 posted:

Is it just me, or has Mochi-sensei been on an unexpected hiatus since a month ago?

Weehh I just came to check if there were any news about her, last update on her pixiv was back in march... oh wait, her twitter is very active :D so I guess we just have to wait? XP
I remember something about a game too... dunno what happened with that.

last edited at Aug 8, 2018 12:19AM

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

In danbooru are four new chapters of Kagaya Inn (the last one posted four days ago in her Twitter), but they're untranslated. Something is happening with Kuki and Hana!

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Something is always happening with Kuki and Hana.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

it might be the case she's dedicating her time on improving her art, did anyone noticed this, it might no be a sight for sore eyes but it's quite the improvement already

Gg
joined Jul 13, 2018

it might be the case she's dedicating her time on improving her art, did anyone noticed this, it might no be a sight for sore eyes but it's quite the improvement already

Actually I prefer the old version of her drawing. Sketchy and funny. The new artstyle is a little bit too serious and, erm, Western?

joined Jul 2, 2016

If your a fan of Mochi Au Lait’s work, then join the fan server Discord (which is still a work in progress) https://discord.gg/r3RCFf9

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Mochi Au Lait is currently doing a Twitter AMA, for anyone interested (in Japanese, of course). Among the answers are some thing that probably aren't common knowledge, at least for us western fans:

- Mochi and Au Lait is a two person team.
- Mochi is female, Au Lait is male, however the tweet added that "[they're] both pretty much guys tbh", and that "Mochi is happy when people mistake her for a man".
- They are a non-married couple living together.
- They chose the yuri genre because they wanted to do "gay love", and though they wanted to do BL, they supposedly suck ass at drawing men.

last edited at Nov 11, 2018 5:14PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

- They chose the yuri genre because they wanted to do "gay love", and though they wanted to do BL, they supposedly suck ass at drawing men.

They did recently draw a couple of yaoi comics, though its unlikely that they'll ever be translated here: https://twitter.com/konpuudo/status/1063930786569584641 and https://twitter.com/konpuudo/status/1063600679791472640

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Mochi Au Lait is currently doing a Twitter AMA, for anyone interested (in Japanese, of course). Among the answers are some thing that probably aren't common knowledge, at least for us western fans:

- Mochi and Au Lait is a two person team.
- Mochi is female, Au Lait is male, however the tweet added that "[they're] both pretty much guys tbh", and that "Mochi is happy when people mistake her for a man".
- They are a non-married couple living together.

Now this is some information that i didn't know about.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

A new arrow for Hafo/gwennie-chan/whoever maintains the mochiverse chart - Nakakouji of Kasumi & Acchan works at the same bookstore as the characters of "A Kouhai I Never Talked to Once Before..."

lensbiandykely
Capture
joined Jan 13, 2019

Any English site I can buy her stuff from?

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

I got in touch with Stan Miller, and... well, if you have noticed that a lot of Mochi's comics posted on Twitter have yet to be translated (barring established series like Yuri Natsu), then that's because Stan has no plans to translate them. Like, ever. I gathered that their plots are rather outside his comfort zone (e.g. that one comic where misuse of love potions repeatedly lead to the misuser essentially getting sexually assaulted if not raped by love potion-addled girls). Just wanted to give people here a head's up if anyone had interest in translating Mochi material but didn't want to "snipe".

last edited at Feb 9, 2020 11:53AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I got in touch with Stan Miller, and... well, if you have noticed that a lot of Mochi's comics posted on Twitter have yet to be translated (barring established series like Yuri Natsu), then that's because Stan has no plans to translate them. Like, ever. I gathered that their plots are rather outside his comfort zone (e.g. that one comic where misuse of love potions repeatedly lead to the misuser essentially getting sexually assaulted if not raped by love potion-addled girls). Just wanted to give people here a head's up if anyone had interest in translating Mochi material but didn't want to "snipe".

Well, that’s fair. I haven’t loved everything Mochi has done, and I’m of two minds about the art collaborations—the art is often more sophisticated, but maybe it was that blunt, almost naive but rather endearing original style that kept some of the more disturbing subject matter at arm’s length. Still, I’ll click on most anything I see under the author’s name.

But we only can read this material because of the generosity of the scanlators, so I’m just grateful for whatever we get.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

well, if you have noticed that a lot of Mochi's comics posted on Twitter have yet to be translated (barring established series like Yuri Natsu), then that's because Stan has no plans to translate them.

Did i misunderstand or Stan didn't translated Yuri Nastu anymore ?

joined Jun 12, 2019

well, if you have noticed that a lot of Mochi's comics posted on Twitter have yet to be translated (barring established series like Yuri Natsu), then that's because Stan has no plans to translate them.

Did i misunderstand or Stan didn't translated Yuri Nastu anymore ?

Yeah, you misunderstood. Hope this helps:

well, if you have noticed that a lot of Mochi's comics posted on Twitter have yet to be translated (aside from series like Yuri Natsu), then that's because Stan has no plans to translate [those comics].

To reply you must either login or sign up.