Forum › Yuri Between a Werewolf and a High School Girl discussion

joined Jan 7, 2017

The over-the-top and bizarre dialogue, pacing, and expressions made a pretty fun read, haha

last edited at Nov 1, 2018 1:02AM

24-1
joined Sep 21, 2011

We need more supernatural Yuri...

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Of all the one shots I've ever read, that was the longest.

Just kidding. It was great. A love game turned serious, with a werewolf twist. Perfect for halloween.

joined Oct 13, 2014

this was really freaking good. almost wish it was a series instead

Koito_yuu
joined May 27, 2018

I could help but think of the persona 5 protagonist everytime I saw the werewolf.

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

can we just have more of this please

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Now I want to see more from the sister. =v=

joined Jul 12, 2017

The author just found out that this got scanlated, uploaded and distributed without their permission and is pretty livid about it. "Wow, this feels really bad. Makes me want to stop drawing."

On top of that, the name Fujiyoshi Tsukasa is completely wrong and unrelated to the actual author.

I won't link their twitter account here to avoid mobbing them but you can find it through the twitter profile linked in the pixiv profile linked in "Release Post"

Screen%20shot%202017-12-10%20at%208.19.31%20pm
joined Dec 26, 2013

I feel like I've seen this here before or am I just mistaken?

Update: Knew it. This is from an old work with the same name that was posted last year. The Fujiyoshi Tsukasa is a thief and isn't the original artist. They practically stole this good work from the original author, Nerikomi Tokichiro. It's on their twitter page. I hope something can be done about this. The author is pretty mad about it.

last edited at Nov 1, 2018 3:27AM

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

The dialogue in this was really fun and i loved the facial
expressions. Her best friend was the hype woman we all need in our lives

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Can I just say how cool/good a friend Umi's friend was, she was supporting her the whole way, calling her out and her girlfriend out when she didn't agree with stuff, sticking up for Uni when she needed it, like for real she was fucking amazing, I want a sequel where we see her get her own girlfriend because I just really like her character

I don't think I've ever see such a great friend portrayed in these kind of oneshot, especially when it wouldve been so easy to make her jealous or do the whole unrequited thing. Very happy with this one

Villian%20san%2050per
joined Sep 4, 2018

hahaha that expressions are something else I love it . . . I really want to see more of these two

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

IT'S AN ACTUAL THING NOW IM SO HAPPY

Edit: Really like the fact that her first reason is superficial. Like yeah that's a bit more realistic than some of the other romances here.

last edited at Nov 1, 2018 3:53AM

joined Sep 13, 2018

That was so lovely! I like the development of Umi and Riku and I absolutely adore yuri with monster girls in it! I definitely wish this was more than a one shot

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It needs a Comedy tag too. That was pretty funny actually.

When Umi said "Riku, I chose you!", I lost it.

And the 3rd girl was a riot.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I could help but think of the persona 5 protagonist everytime I saw the werewolf.

Same, except for me it was like seeing the love child of P5 protag and Harry Potter. Who happened to come out as a lady werewolf. Instead of science babies maybe magic babies is more appropriate.

Screen%20shot%202019-06-20%20at%206.20.42%20am
joined May 6, 2017

I need more werewolf yuri but the writing felt pretty lacking to me

Prprcharlotte_8
joined Apr 1, 2013

It was a bit bland honestly... that's a shame I usually am easy to please with those kind of story.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Hey, it's a doujin. Not something published in a magazine.

There was some level in the expressions and interactions.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

I kinda like the earlier version of this, but I'm partial to the bolder lines (stylistically speaking) rather than a thinner, more polished look.

As for the storyline: I like this version, as well. Both worked great. I love me some snuggly werewolf yuri.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Art is nice; was quite excited to think it'd expand on the first one-shot ... but it actually just does the usual romantic "misunderstanding - let's not properly talk to each other but run away" rubbish and not that much else. Although it has some decent elements.

If I had to pick between the two, I'd pick the older version.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Art is nice; was quite excited to think it'd expand on the first one-shot ... but it actually just does the usual romantic "misunderstanding - let's not properly talk to each other but run away" rubbish and not that much else. Although it has some decent elements.

If I had to pick between the two, I'd pick the older version.

To be fair, it did use that somewhat overused bit, but she wasn't going to school to completely avoid her, but because she couldn't transform into human form.

Also, Her best friend is the greatest.

"t's a conversation not a monologue" had me dying though.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

To be fair, it did use that somewhat overused bit, but she wasn't going to school to completely avoid her, but because she couldn't transform into human form.

Only because she ran away when her girlfriend wanted to confess again, though. I mean, it's fine, they could have done this bit; but all those pages that build up to it with the older sister and then some time until it happens and then afterwards and then it's over ...

I could have gotten that sort of plot anywhere, but more cute fooling around with the werewolf girlfriend was only hypothetically available here. And the one-shot didn't deliver. And that's a crime. ^^

joined Mar 6, 2018

I could have gotten that sort of plot anywhere, but more cute fooling around with the werewolf girlfriend was only hypothetically available here. And the one-shot didn't deliver. And that's a crime.

It's kind of weird for me. The plot is definitely weak, but the on the other hand most characters were characterized pretty well. I mean, Umi actually gets some growth, going from superficial to fighting to get back together. Ayaka, her friend, also comes over strongly and it makes you believe that she would stick with Umi through the harassment.
On the werewolf side, Asa's heel face turn also seems quite believable. I'm not a big fan of the troublemaker-type of character, but here it fits. The weakest link was Riku for me. She came off quite strong with her talk about forging your own fate, but the twist where she runs away seems to come out of nowhere. Her sister is the one that has to explain it AND it's Umi moving forward again. Riku is just too caught up in the mysterious pretty face trope, which is sad.

On another note, really, what's up with the actual author and their twitter? Can anybody shed some light on that? I mean, it's kind of duplicitous to say this from someone that is leeching this stuff for free, but I think credit should be where credit is due.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I wish all one shots are 90 pages long.

To reply you must either login or sign up.