Forum › A Day the Angel was There discussion

Sol
joined Feb 25, 2016

Christ. Rapists please think twice, no thrice or more when going after children in education. I've actually seen way too much of rape causing people to drop out of school and ruin their lives. (please no 177013).

I think I'm just gonna go sit in the corner and question humanity now.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

It is kinda weak for such a strong concept

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

A painful lesson on how toxic the whole concept of "purity" is.

^^ This.

AMEN TO THAT

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

To the ones checking the comments section because of the tags (and don't mind spoilers) and those who don't really get the story, the story is basically about a girl who made a promised to kiss her friend, but got raped and then avoided the promise because she believes she's dirty. Then she tried to wash away the experience of the rape by normalizing it by having sex as a call girl, which she believes will make her clean again so that she can fulfill her promise. But she haven't met her friend in while since she dropped out of school to be a call girl, and one day they finally met and she broke in tears after seeing her "angel".

I read it once and thought of it as a mess. After re-reading to try to understand the story, it's still a mess that I just understand better.

I don't think the meeting was intentional. I think she was out and saw her friend, from a distance. She noticed her friend still wearing the good luck charm, the girl made her, and realised her friend was still waiting for her to fulfill their promise. That is what move the girl to tears.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

To the ones checking the comments section because of the tags (and don't mind spoilers) and those who don't really get the story, the story is basically about a girl who made a promised to kiss her friend, but got raped and then avoided the promise because she believes she's dirty. Then she tried to wash away the experience of the rape by normalizing it by having sex as a call girl, which she believes will make her clean again so that she can fulfill her promise. But she haven't met her friend in while since she dropped out of school to be a call girl, and one day they finally met and she broke in tears after seeing her "angel".

I read it once and thought of it as a mess. After re-reading to try to understand the story, it's still a mess that I just understand better.

I don't think the meeting was intentional. I think she was out and saw her friend, from a distance. She noticed her friend still wearing the good luck charm, the girl made her, and realised her friend was still waiting for her to fulfill their promise. That is what move the girl to tears.

they never said the meeting was intentional. and i don't think she broke into tears because of their promise adn her still waiting. i think it was more from just seeing her again, and the charm she gave her friend, believing that charm held her true self, her pure self.

joined Sep 1, 2017

Truest thing ever been said

Jesus. In other news, did you know that 10/10 rapists are pieces of shit?

You heard it wrong. It's ∞/10

Too damn short. There’s no slide in morality, it all happened too quickly. The PTSD artwork was a good start (the blackened hands) but failed to show the degradation in self, academics, and social life. This work is a piece of shit.

And the explanation is also a piece of shiet. You are telling me the MC got raped, then descend to hell just like that? Where's her family, where's her friends, where's the authorities? Her parents can't be a dick to forget about her daughter's existence, can they?

The only thing this oneshot has is the feel. And because of poor execution, the feel's gone. I'm heading to Itou Hachi's page.

The support structure was not there, because she didn't tell anybody, she was raped. She fell apart in silence. Her parents and teachers, probably tried to help, but she obviously shut them out. Besides after recent current events, I think it's safe to say, the authorities aren't always so sympathetic towards rape victims.
I didn't mind the fact it was short. The story wasn't really about the rape, or how it destroyed her life. It was about her and her best friend, and an innocent promise, the girl was so desperately trying to keep.

last edited at Oct 24, 2018 4:08PM

joined Sep 1, 2017

they never said the meeting was intentional. and i don't think she broke into tears because of their promise adn her still waiting. i think it was more from just seeing her again, and the charm she gave her friend, believing that charm held her true self, her pure self.

The promise obviously ment a lot to the girl, judging by the great lengths she was going to, to "purify" herself, so she could keep it. Fulfilling the promise was the girls main motivation throughout the whole story, so it makes sense to me that she would see her best friend still clutching the charm in that light. If you don't like it in those terms, (I could understand if you didn't) think of the charm as proof that her best friend was still holding a candle for her.

last edited at Oct 24, 2018 4:57PM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Liked it, got me right in the feels.

And...

I liked it honestly. It's short, to the point, tragic, beautiful and it demonstrates well how horribly your entire life can change in a single moment.

Basically summed up my thoughts.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Urgently needs a sequel with a happy (yuri) ending!

joined Apr 7, 2018

Thanks to the comment section i am not reading this °-°

Nooo shiat, why?!? ... ending up like that gurl after experiencing rape isn't that far away from reality. Heard of someone who went through the same shiat... sad

Images
joined Dec 7, 2014

And now I'm depressed...
I try to not wish bad things to people, even the bad ones, but this kind of person deserves a slow and painful death.

Capture
joined Mar 12, 2014

This story is definitely saying "Fuck you" to me...

Then again, at the end the girl who confessed still keep the charm the brunete made. This probably means some kind of hope for a better ending. I believe brunete cried because she saw her crush still keeping her charm, which means her crush still remembered her, maybe still loved her, and was waiting to meet her again. So yeah, plenty of hope in the last page I think.

However, I hate how this story make me feel. I hate it, hate hate, hate it.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I don't see why this needed to be longer. This. Was well done. I just . . . don't need it to be longer to understand what happened or to feel for the character. Or to get the point. but I respect the differing opinions on the matter.

Why did this story need to be told at all has me a bit more preoccupied. It's something we know about it. Yet here it is again. Told a different way. And that endless reminder of how this incident ruined a friendship with the friend not even knowing fully what caused it? (I'm actually getting pretty damn angry right now!)

It's a freaking sucks. I hate that anyone has to go though this and put themselves back together. Fuck rapists. There aren't enough words to express what I think of you pieces of shit.

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

i hate rape. why would you ever make someone suffer for the rest of their life just for 1 minute of your own pleasure?

07_1_3
joined May 10, 2018

fuck the rapist...i am so sad... :'(

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

-opens Dynasty to read something cute & fluffy before going to sleep-

5 minutes later

-throws phone out the window-

Exactly.

20191122_221923
joined Nov 23, 2019

ooookay what the fuck

joined Sep 13, 2018

guess its my fault for not looking at the tags before reading.
Its kind of a weird logic to keep on fucking people to make her brain believe what happend that day was like any other day , i have known true rape victims and all of them are quite afraid of sex or being touched after that.
Like how the girl dont let her friend touch her but then was having sex with more dude thus letting them touch her.

i remember even having to say things like "im gonna hug you now , are you ok with that?" in order to not make the other person tremble in fear and be prepared mentally for a simple hug

Yuriisthebestest
joined Sep 4, 2020

I don't know what to feel damn

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Its kind of a weird logic to keep on fucking people to make her brain believe what happend that day was like any other day , i have known true rape victims and all of them are quite afraid of sex or being touched after that.
Like how the girl dont let her friend touch her but then was having sex with more dude thus letting them touch her.

i remember even having to say things like "im gonna hug you now , are you ok with that?" in order to not make the other person tremble in fear and be prepared mentally for a simple hug

Aversion to touch is one of the possible results. Different life experiences, environment, who the assaulter is, and so many other factors will change how people react though. Just as an example, one of the common things that can happen when children are sexually assaulted is that they can exhibit more sexual behaviors (then or later on in life), aversion to casual touch, or both. I use the example of children mostly because I can easily cite something for it, although it applies for other age groups too.

This survivor's story actually parallels the manga's story in quite a few ways. To sum up the similarities, she was raped in high school, did not officially report it, felt shame due to a culture that emphasized virginity/purity, and practiced unsafe sex as a coping mechanism.

There's more than one type of rape survivor and just want to weigh in on the other side.

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

The comments explained a lot.

Bb8a9f6b-acc2-4e0f-90f6-d54026cb173e_1_201_a
joined Feb 16, 2021

Someone was saying something along the lines of it not making sense that she didn’t speak to her parents or teachers but getting raped isn’t something one can easily speak about and with regarding the behavior of the girl after getting raped riverFlower provided great points everyone’s behavior after a trauma is always different i can’t see myself fucking a dude even if I liked him while my older sister is the opposite it took her a while though

Bb8a9f6b-acc2-4e0f-90f6-d54026cb173e_1_201_a
joined Feb 16, 2021

Something I don’t understand is how the fuck can people say it was too short to feel anything a little girl was raped and traumatized by it this isn’t one of those only 2D moments this happens in real life

sanshouowo Uploader
Output-onlinepngtools(4)
Homusaki Shikibu
joined Jul 10, 2021

Every time I remember this oneshot, something breaks inside me. :(

To reply you must either login or sign up.