Forum › The Rain and the Other Side of You discussion

85af8296-a13b-494e-810e-ae41815d00fa
joined Jan 19, 2016

I declare this poop.

lol. love this comment for what it says. not sure if i agree with it or not tho

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

How big was the time jump? Big enough to cover any plot holes.

There should be a timer/clock given in a series to let readers know that readership is lacking and the publishers are pulling the plug (ending the series whether mangaka is ready or not).

Not the worst rushed ending ive ever seen unlike a certan bannana story.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Chapter 15 just did not follow logically or tonally from Chapter 14.

"After what happened, Madarame-san's parents learned [by some unstated method] about the situation with her cousin," at which point it somehow dawned on them that it might not have been exactly the optimal parenting strategy to go abroad for months and leave a 13-year-old girl alone in the house except for having an older teenage rapist look in on her every now and then.

(I do keep forgetting that this series is co-authored, and that wherever the writing problems come from (the editors cutting it off, or the rookie writer, etc.) Momono Moto isn't doing all the heavy lifting here.)

Sensei sure can create an identifiable tone and moody atmosphere and can put characters together in situations where sparks fly, but I think Ena from Yuunagi Marbled needs to be in every one of her stories so when the angst-o-meter reaches a certain level, as it inevitably will, she can come in and get people to act like human beings rather than erratic bundles of raw nerves and chaotic emotions.

Something would be lost, to be sure, but much gained as well.

Alcoholism
joined Apr 15, 2017

I flipped when I saw Madarame back home all grown up waiting for Sensei.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That was cut short, but then, this is a doujin so it's understandable that it's not too polished.

Just, the drama fell flat in my opinion.

But, oh well, I won't complain about a good ending.

should not leaave i as it is instead of this bs

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

There should be a timer/clock given in a series to let readers know that readership is lacking and the publishers are pulling the plug (ending the series whether mangaka is ready or not).

Haha, definitely not as rushed as that shit ending in nana

690ea2d43c833a395aa79e98116d8d2f
joined Apr 15, 2018

That is a bit fast but i'm simple, it's HE so it's ok

886f8d05.m
joined Mar 26, 2014

After chap 14 I thought there will be a lot more chapter to deepen the story, but then it ends. Well, it's not the first time it happend and at least a happy ending. I mean a predictable ending with her leaving and then comming back as a grown up. But I'm a simple person, so I take that.

joined May 8, 2011

If only the mangaka had given some sort of indication as to how much time had passed, I could have possibly liked the end of this.

I'm assuming something like 5 years. Kanou starts the series out as 27 years old and the last chapter has her friend Mana saying she's 32. I'm only guessing that they're probably the same age but it would give a guess that something like 5 years passed if that's true.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Um, so this wasn't selling well and they had to cut it short? Or sumthing?

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Ended like a sedan hitting a concrete barrier.

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

good shit

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I believe the author made a right decision to let it go. There is not much story if there is no time loop. Thus, there is consistency from 14 to 15. The ending was nicely done.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I believe the author made a right decision to let it go. There is not much story if there is no time loop. Thus, there is consistency from 14 to 15. The ending was nicely done.

It’s “consistent” in that there is a coherent factual narrative from Chap. 14 to 15, yes.

But 14 ends with the two main characters together in the aftermath of the entire story’s climactic emotional crisis, one that ended with them bonding emotionally, and they are physically together in what is obviously a temporary safe haven. The chapter explicitly articulates the main question: what happens next?

Then Chap. 15 picks up, and whatever was going to happen next has already happened, and we’re told about it in an expository caption. Chapter 14 ends with them being as close as they’ve ever been, while 15 picks up with them them separated and on the most “official” terms that we’ve ever seen them.

We didn’t need to see every phone call, parent-teacher conference, discussion of Madarame’s travel plans, etc. that obviously must have happened in between the two chapters. But given the way the rest of the story unfolded and the kinds of two-person emotion-heavy scenes that the storytelling emphasized throughout, it’s obvious that the last chapter is a patch job that’s designed to just get the story to where it needs to go (that last reunion scene).

That’s a very nice scene, but rather flat in terms of the overall story because of the last-minute rush required to get there.

last edited at Oct 27, 2018 9:24AM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Could've ended better, but I liked it either way.

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

That manga was ridiculous (in a good way). I just can't remember if it was dropped or cancelled. Either way, the end left the frustrating taste of incomplete.

(╯ರ ~ ರ)╯︵ ┻━┻

last edited at Nov 24, 2018 5:05PM

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

That’s a very nice scene, but rather flat in terms of the overall story because of the last-minute rush required to get there.

I've read your post and you have a point. However, decisions had to be made and it doesn't necessarily mean it had to be satisfying to everyone. As for me, the ending doesn't have to be "Hollywood style" to complete the story. The process of waiting and coming back are more than enough essentials for me to nurture the love between the two that not time nor difficulties can stop the union.

In details, If there is no time lapse, we would be grilled to a heavy drama of society's condemnation of culturally and legally boundaries between two females, a minor and adult, professional ethics realm of student-teacher relationship, family dispute over molestation of a kin to a minor relative, etc. So, for me, it was a good decision on the author. A sequel can be made reminiscing their struggles but focuses on their present lives as a couple. The "feels" of the sexual tension can still be retained as the teacher's naivete is quite evident and amusing as contrasted to the aggressiveness of the student.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I just wanted to say that the tankobon version is drawing well and comes with some unpublished images :P

That manga was ridiculous (in a good way). I just can't remember if it was dropped or cancelled. Either way, the end left the frustrating taste of incomplete.

(╯ರ ~ ರ)╯︵ ┻━┻

Cancelled :/ how bad that was...

Gg
joined Jul 13, 2018

I just wanted to say that the tankobon version is drawing well and comes with some unpublished images :P

Thank you my lord. Any more of this? P L E A S E

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I think this still goes down as one of the dumbest yuri manga's I've ever read with by far the worst mc

Img-0219%20(1)
joined Apr 7, 2020

While the ending was pretty abrupt, i don't even think that was the real issue here.. first of all,

"Her cousin comes by to tutor her. In addition, she has no issues with kissing an adult. Besides that, I don't know anything." I can hear the police siren just from that statement alone. Really, mc?? You can't even piece the puzzle together UNTIL you get a bad feeling and see it for yourself?

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Fun read, if only it was longer :(

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

I did not think in a million years that there would be another chapter...

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

how cute

To reply you must either login or sign up.