Forum › Bright and Cheery Amnesia discussion

Phelpsangry-536390
joined Aug 9, 2018

awww this is so cute >W<

joined Feb 23, 2016

I really want her to start remembering xD to much to ask? Since she had a brain injury? XD

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

All hail Cthulhu!

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Stan is Cthulhu, pass the word

joined Feb 18, 2015

Poor Mari... got her hopes up and everything...

Rsz_tumblr_n3y1mps9e11tr1hgao1_1280
joined Mar 16, 2017

How long is Tamamusi going to tease us, with the constant near misses between Arisa and Mari. The the whole "Arisa is turned on, but to nervous and shy, to do anything about it" gag is wearing thin. I'm starting to get frustrated and bored.

I'm gonna have to agree with you on that one, I just need one or two moments where they do something to move the relationship forward in that particular aspect.

joined Feb 1, 2013

My God, I love these two so much! Even when I've been at my worst (including my depression), the ongoing story of Mari and Arisa had never failed to lift my spirits. These two dorks are just so adorable! I love the fact that Mari has caused me to reconsider my views of what a "tomboy" is. She shows that it's not just physical, because Mari is super girly at points! She's such a great character overall, because she blurs the lines between (supposed) traditional feminine and masculine archetypes, as well as the lines between what makes a person a "top" and a "bottom".

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This series is so cute. <3
I read the first 19 chapters in Portuguese some days ago (since that's where the Portuguese translation ends right now) and today I decided to read the remaining ones in English.

Edit: and yeah, I don't hate the current situation but I also kinda wish their relationship would advance.

last edited at Aug 10, 2018 12:48AM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

The credits page is so unfitting for the translated source is extremely unsettling.
Like we are on drugs reading the chapter then we glimpse the true nature of our existence and it's empty.

This is yuri.

joined Jan 10, 2017

This whole too shy to do anything thing is getting old.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

The credits page is so unfitting for the translated source is extremely unsettling.
Like we are on drugs reading the chapter then we glimpse the true nature of our existence and it's empty.

This is yuri.

This. Is why I love these forums. XD

joined Sep 6, 2018

We need more grandma Yuri.

I disagree... I recall seeing a movie called “If these walls could talk” and seeing the troubles old women in same sex relationships go through in their final years is depressing... some of the issues brought up in the film have been dealt with and some issues haven’t or couldn’t be resolved.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I'm surprised we're at the 25 chapter mark. It feels like there's been much, much more. The series is cute in all, but for goodness sake, kiss already. Tamamusi couldn't possible expect to get another 25 chapters out of the same tired gag.

20180801_183554
joined Oct 7, 2017

Well chapter 25, is the old Arisa coming back to talk to the current Arisa? (aka is she remembering some things?)

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

So did Arisa remember a bit of her past or is her imagination just going wild?

joined Jan 10, 2017

I think there's some sort of Japanese fetish for the suspension of physical relations. It's kind of ridiculous.

joined Sep 6, 2018

I disagree... I recall seeing a movie called “If these walls could talk” and seeing the troubles old women in same sex relationships go through in their final years is depressing... some of the issues brought up in the film have been dealt with and some issues haven’t or couldn’t be resolved.

The story could just be a cute mindless fun like many Yuri stories or it could be a serious one like the one you brought up, I would be happy either way.

That’s true... an example for you would be “Jewels” by m_k. I haven’t found a manga example for my case... maybe there isn’t a readership for subject matter that’s “depressing as fuck”.

Simple-butterfly-tattoos-designs
joined Apr 24, 2015

That last bit, had "depressing as fuck " sirens go wild. Read a Once upon A Time fic in that, got its sad.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

I think there's some sort of Japanese fetish for the suspension of physical relations. It's kind of ridiculous.

I couldn't agree more. Grinds on your nerves.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So did Arisa remember a bit of her past or is her imagination just going wild?

That’s a good question—I love “visualized old (as in former, not aged) Arisa,” but it’s unclear if that represents actual buried memories or Arisa extrapolating from what she’s been told about old Arisa plus what’s she’s researched about what sexual aggressiveness looks like.

I used to assume that new Arisa’s sexual reticence was about the need to re-learn forgotten sexual experiences, but as time goes on it’s been seeming more like a potentially permanent psychological block.

I just want these two adorable dolts to be happy. . .

joined Feb 23, 2016

Hahaha xD the old version of them man hahaha

joined Mar 8, 2016

Ugh. On the one hand I like that this is a series with adult women and they often speak frankly about more adult things. On the other, I'm sooooo tired of the manga trope that literally any kind of normal, healthy physical contact that any couple would do is lewd and embarrassing beyond belief. It made sense for a few chapters given the scenario here, but it's worn out its welcome for sure.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Hey i saw that movie as well, with young Ellen Degeneres haha.... Man it was depressing. And also funny but the first story fml I cried.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

This is cute and all but it feels like any progress has completely flat lined at this point.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

i like that casual insert of cathulu at the end, scanlation bois.

To reply you must either login or sign up.