Forum › Accept My Fist of Love! discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I agree. myy, it's time to tone it down.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Giving myy a temporary ban for completely ignoring the warning.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

There's nothing wrong with the life choices of Tomoko and Michiko. One wanted to get married, have kids and live a happy housewife life, and that's exactly what she's doing. Give her some respect. The other one had a boyfriend and was doing fine with him: they had a good relationship, and planned to tie the knot some day... but then she got pregnant and they had to speed things up. Not the ideal, but not a problem either: she's obviously very happy with the whole deal. The angry rants I've been reading are every bit as uncalled for as Takabe's nagging and scolding -- that sort of attitude alienates you from your friends.

And I have to say I don't understand the rabid hate some of you have against motherhood and children. Calling mothers "breeding cows" and their children "piglets" is very offensive, you really need to tone down that aggressive streak. (Also, you fail biology forever.)

I don't see anything in the story, that supports your claims, that Tomoko, and Michiko are in happy marriages. Infact we're not really given any information, at all about Tomoko, and Michiko's relationships, outside, of one had a shotgun wedding. It's kind of weird, that you would write about those two characters relationships in such detail. It's like you made up their backstory in your head, then used it as proof in your argument.

Just for the record, I'm not anti-marriage, or anti-parenthood. I'm against teaching girls that their ultimate gool in life is being a wife and mother. Being a wife, and mother should be a woman's personal choice, not a necessary requirement for adulthood.

last edited at Sep 18, 2018 4:45PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I know I am missing some of the logic, such as it is, of the nuances of this discussion, but it’s a little surprising to see so much energy expended on criticizing Michiko and Tomoko when the basic issue of the story is Takebe criticizing herself.

The story just showed us that it’s possible to move into being a wife and mother and not give up your entire identity or personal style (hence the toddler mistaking Takebe for her mother). What it’s not possible to do is continue to always hang out with your friends and cause trouble when your friends don’t have time to hang out and causing trouble isn’t so much fun anymore.

The whole premise of the story is that Takebe needs to find a way to move on from the delinquent thug life (which is what she wants) and still be herself (which is what Soramori wants, and now Takebe realizes that she wants that too).

Based on personal observation, my recommendation:

Roller Derby

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

There's nothing wrong with the life choices of Tomoko and Michiko. One wanted to get married, have kids and live a happy housewife life, and that's exactly what she's doing. Give her some respect. The other one had a boyfriend and was doing fine with him: they had a good relationship, and planned to tie the knot some day... but then she got pregnant and they had to speed things up. Not the ideal, but not a problem either: she's obviously very happy with the whole deal. The angry rants I've been reading are every bit as uncalled for as Takabe's nagging and scolding -- that sort of attitude alienates you from your friends.

And I have to say I don't understand the rabid hate some of you have against motherhood and children. Calling mothers "breeding cows" and their children "piglets" is very offensive, you really need to tone down that aggressive streak. (Also, you fail biology forever.)

This. It is super weird how people in this community can't fathom the idea of a woman wanting to be a mother. You guys know there are even lesbian women who give birth via in vitro fertilization right? Most women aren't coerced into giving birth against their will. Parenthood is a strong biological desire that completely overcomes any kind of disgust you might feel at the idea having a living being "leeching" off you for 18+ years of your life, and at some point in your life, you'll either feel that desire yourself and go out of your way to have your own child, or you regret not having one when you're much older and it's too late.

And on the subject of pregnancy killing their friendship. This is how friendships work. People change, and when the basis of a friendship is incompatible with that change, then nothing can be done. Pregnancy isn't the only thing that does this. I had friends in high school who I have not talked to since graduation, and really have no plans to do so. It's been five years, I've moved on and made new friends, everyone does.

last edited at Sep 18, 2018 11:45PM

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

On a happier note, I really love this story so far. Reluctant yuri is not something I see done very often in a more serious context where the reluctant persons unknown sexuality is not the central focus of the story. In this case it really feels like the MC is struggling to find what she wants, both in securing what she considers a "successful future" and what she wants out of a relationship, and how these two elements collide, while not being driven by any kind of gay angst undercurrent, really make for an interesting tone and story.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Tell me why I thought her friends got married to each other when you see the kid mistake Takebe for her mom? I was thinking “I guess I was wrong about these women.” However, unsurprisingly, that wasn’t the case.

last edited at Sep 19, 2018 12:20AM

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Also, I was wondering what the friends would be like now since you only saw them in flashbacks, but they weren’t that different, which was nice.

joined Sep 1, 2017

This. It is super weird how people in this community can't fathom the idea of a woman wanting to be a mother. You guys know there are even lesbian women who give birth via in vitro fertilization right? Most women aren't coerced into giving birth against their will. Parenthood is a strong biological desire that completely overcomes any kind of disgust you might feel at the idea having a living being "leeching" off you for 18+ years of your life, and at some point in your life, you'll either feel that desire yourself and go out of your way to have your own child, or you regret not having one when you're much older and it's too late.

And on the subject of pregnancy killing their friendship. This is how friendships work. People change, and when the basis of a friendship is incompatible with that change, then nothing can be done. Pregnancy isn't the only thing that does this. I had friends in high school who I have not talked to since graduation, and really have no plans to do so. It's been five years, I've moved on and made new friends, everyone does.

I absolutely would love to see a manga series about domestic lesbian parents. Just a couple of gay women trying to make there way through a heteronormative world. It would be great.

joined Dec 16, 2017

I know I am missing some of the logic, such as it is, of the nuances of this discussion, but it’s a little surprising to see so much energy expended on criticizing Michiko and Tomoko when the basic issue of the story is Takebe criticizing herself.

The story just showed us that it’s possible to move into being a wife and mother and not give up your entire identity or personal style (hence the toddler mistaking Takebe for her mother). What it’s not possible to do is continue to always hang out with your friends and cause trouble when your friends don’t have time to hang out and causing trouble isn’t so much fun anymore.

The whole premise of the story is that Takebe needs to find a way to move on from the delinquent thug life (which is what she wants) and still be herself (which is what Soramori wants, and now Takebe realizes that she wants that too).

Roller Derby

Except the recommendation. Roller Derby is a terrible idea. Roller Skating, now that's better. /s
Absolutely great assessment!

last edited at Sep 19, 2018 3:01AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Roller Derby

Except the recommendation. Roller Derby is a terrible idea. Roller Skating, now that's better. /s

I dunno--I know of more than a couple of grown-up women (queer and straight) who have a lot of fun being tough together in local roller derby. (It's not nearly as dangerous as it looks, I am told.)

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

"Accept My Fist of Love! by Murata, chapter number concept by Tetsuya Nomura"

CHAPTER 2.8/2 RE:CODED A FRAGMENTARY PASS HD ReMIX

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I don't see anything in the story, that supports your claims, that Tomoko, and Michiko are in happy marriages.

Oh, for crying out loud... have you even read the chapter? Walking together with big smiles, texting their friends messages with hearts and sparkles, that little girl full of pep who was able to interact with unknown adult women in such a plucky and confident way... Of course they are in warm & happy marriages! Everything we see screams happiness! There isn't even the shadow of a hint that it may be otherwise!

Even Takabe was jealous of their obvious cheerfulness and wanted them to invite her next time. Duh.

I absolutely would love to see a manga series about domestic lesbian parents. Just a couple of gay women trying to make there way through a heteronormative world.

I see. My recommendation is: forget manga and go read a book by some American lesbian feminist. You'll find the stuff you like a-plenty.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

You'll find the stuff you like a-plenty.

If only. ^^ Way too many A meets B romances there, too ...

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I absolutely would love to see a manga series about domestic lesbian parents. Just a couple of gay women trying to make there way through a heteronormative world. It would be great.

Me too. I'd like a tag for this general ballpark of things also. In fact I'm going to post a suggestion right now.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Me too. I'd like a tag for this general ballpark of things also. In fact I'm going to post a suggestion right now.

yeah. Would be cool. I even found myself wanting to read this story two gay men raising a young may relative in Japan. One of the men was Canadian. At the time It hadn't been translated. I think it has been now but I haven't got around to it.

And we almost had this story with that one about two Japanese lesbians becoming moms but BIG SPOILER the got a divorce before one even got pregnant and that was based on a true story. :(

anyway. This story is really good.

last edited at Sep 19, 2018 4:16PM

joined Sep 1, 2017

I don't see anything in the story, that supports your claims, that Tomoko, and Michiko are in happy marriages.

Oh, for crying out loud... have you even read the chapter? Walking together with big smiles, texting their friends messages with hearts and sparkles, that little girl full of pep who was able to interact with unknown adult women in such a plucky and confident way... Of course they are in warm & happy marriages! Everything we see screams happiness! There isn't even the shadow of a hint that it may be otherwise!

Even Takabe was jealous of their obvious cheerfulness and wanted them to invite her next time. Duh.

Wow! that is some grade 'A' conclusion jumping, right there. You have got to be an F.B.I. profiler. No mere layman would have ever picked up on those clues. lol.

I absolutely would love to see a manga series about domestic lesbian parents. Just a couple of gay women trying to make there way through a heteronormative world.

I see. My recommendation is: forget manga and go read a book by some American lesbian feminist. You'll find the stuff you like a-plenty.

I do read a lot of lesbian literature, but, like mainstream literature, most of it focuses on getting the girl, and not on what comes next.
I did see a movie, that I loved. It was called Concussion. It was a bored neglected lesbian house wife, who turned to prostitution to spice up her life. I really liked the way she fit in with all the straight bored neglected house wives, she hung out with. They truly accepted her, as one of their own. It was kind of touching, in a weird way.

last edited at Sep 19, 2018 11:36PM

joined Sep 1, 2017

yeah. Would be cool. I even found myself wanting to read this story two gay men raising a young may relative in Japan. One of the men was Canadian. At the time It hadn't been translated. I think it has been now but I haven't got around to it.

And we almost had this story with that one about two Japanese lesbians becoming moms but BIG SPOILER the got a divorce before one even got pregnant and that was based on a true story. :(

anyway. This story is really good.

I was kind of following their story. I even watched the youtube video of their commitment ceremony, at Disney World Japan. It broke my heart a little, when I found out they split up.

last edited at Sep 19, 2018 11:39PM

joined Sep 1, 2017

Roller Derby

I dunno--I know of more than a couple of grown-up women (queer and straight) who have a lot of fun being tough together in local roller derby. (It's not nearly as dangerous as it looks, I am told.)

Wow, really. I don't know if there is even a roller derby team around here. Let alone anyone on one.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Wow! that is some grade 'A' conclusion jumping, right there.

The Nile isn't just a river in Egypt.

joined Sep 1, 2017

Wow! that is some grade 'A' conclusion jumping, right there.

The Nile isn't just a river in Egypt.

(sigh) I'm pretty sure I'm not the one bathing in those metaphorical waters.
I'm not saying that those two aren't happily married. I just saying, there is no information, to agrue either way. Weak circumstantial evidence, an active imagination, and a lot of wishful thinking isn't proof of anything. (I can't understand why any self respecting yuri fans, would argue so hard for happy het hookups, anyway.) I could come up with alternatives explanations for every point that, White Rose brought up, that paints those two as a couple of women trying desperately to keep up the appearance of being happily married, just to cover their shameful mistakes.

Edit: For the record: shameful in the japanese culture's eyes, not mine.

last edited at Sep 20, 2018 5:04PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I could come up with alternatives explanations for every point that, White Rose brought up, that paints those two as a couple of women trying desperately to keep up the appearance of being happily married, just to cover their shameful mistakes.

Occam's razor. Learn it, love it, live it.

joined Sep 1, 2017

I could come up with alternatives explanations for every point that, White Rose brought up, that paints those two as a couple of women trying desperately to keep up the appearance of being happily married, just to cover their shameful mistakes.

Occam's razor. Learn it, love it, live it.

If we're throwing around those kind of terms, here is one for you, confirmation bias.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Hey, uh, guys?

Does it really matter that much?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Johnb, it's not about throwing around terms, it's about understanding them.

Epistemology teaches there's an infinite number of explanations for every phenomenon. You can save any theory from being falsified by the addition of a number big enough of ad hoc hypotheses. Thus, boasting that:

I could come up with alternatives explanations for every point that White Rose brought up.

is futile and rather silly. Of course you can justify any idea, no matter how senseless, if you postulate enough extraneous hypotheses. But Occam's razor states that the simpler explanation with fewer hypotheses should be preferred to the more complex explanation. Trying to counter a plain exposition of the facts with arguments like these:

"They look happy."
"But perhaps they are faking it!"
"They talk about their life in texts full of hearts and smileys."
"But perhaps they do it to hide their shame!"
"That cheerful, fearless child can only come from a happy household."
"But perhaps she's a leprechaun!"

tells of an acute lack of understanding about logical thought and the method of rational discussion.

Once again: Occam's razor -- learn it, love it, live it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.