Forum › Strawberry Fields Once Again discussion

14cfe1a9-a4f3-4cf0-9523-8f2b4dae54e8
joined Sep 4, 2017

omgg yes they finally kissed~ <3

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

This is awesome! With actual panels it's like a slightly more serious version of inugami-san to Nekoyama-san but without a boku (Aki does her bit so well tho XD) for the skit factor. Plus the time travelling thing gives it a bit more depth I guess

joined Apr 10, 2018

New chapter is out, oh dear.

Biggest developments are:

- Akira is starting to like Pure even more, despite her initial distaste in the idea of loving someone else. In this chapter, we see that Akira has become more comfortable with Pure. When Pure tries to go home, Akira invites her to a sleepover instead. She also laments over the idea that despite becoming "kiss friends", they didn't get to kiss at all the entire day. At the end of the chapter, she remains blissfully ignorant of Pure's slightly distant behavior.

- Meanwhile, we see that while Akira was out of the house, Pure and Ruri had a discussion where Ruri revealed that he knew Pure came back from the future. He asks Pure why she came back, but we see that Ruri already knows the answer: because Akira had died sometime in the future. Pure wants Ruri's help in saving Akira from her demise. In response, Ruri asks Pure if she knows what he's done with a certain something (unrevealed). She says that she does, and that she knows of his failures too. Ruri is more or less intrigued, but drops the subject. He challenges Pure by telling her if she does anything now, something will definitely change in the future. He takes his leave, but not before asking her this: "You say that my older sister is your fiancee, but are you sure your memory is correct?"

- Pure has a headache the entire time she's over at Akira's house, much to the latter's concern. Pure takes some medicine for her headache, but while Akira is sound asleep, Pure suddenly recalls that while she did confess to Akira, the latter actually turned her down, saying that she only sees Pure as a friend. The chapter ends with Pure crying next to a sleeping Akira.

How do you know this,does anyone have raws of this?

Hedgehog
joined Feb 26, 2018

Is the brother building a time machine in his room or something.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

New chapter is out, oh dear.

Biggest developments are:

- Akira is starting to like Pure even more, despite her initial distaste in the idea of loving someone else. In this chapter, we see that Akira has become more comfortable with Pure. When Pure tries to go home, Akira invites her to a sleepover instead. She also laments over the idea that despite becoming "kiss friends", they didn't get to kiss at all the entire day. At the end of the chapter, she remains blissfully ignorant of Pure's slightly distant behavior.

- Meanwhile, we see that while Akira was out of the house, Pure and Ruri had a discussion where Ruri revealed that he knew Pure came back from the future. He asks Pure why she came back, but we see that Ruri already knows the answer: because Akira had died sometime in the future. Pure wants Ruri's help in saving Akira from her demise. In response, Ruri asks Pure if she knows what he's done with a certain something (unrevealed). She says that she does, and that she knows of his failures too. Ruri is more or less intrigued, but drops the subject. He challenges Pure by telling her if she does anything now, something will definitely change in the future. He takes his leave, but not before asking her this: "You say that my older sister is your fiancee, but are you sure your memory is correct?"

- Pure has a headache the entire time she's over at Akira's house, much to the latter's concern. Pure takes some medicine for her headache, but while Akira is sound asleep, Pure suddenly recalls that while she did confess to Akira, the latter actually turned her down, saying that she only sees Pure as a friend. The chapter ends with Pure crying next to a sleeping Akira.

How do you know this,does anyone have raws of this?

https://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_AM16000014010000_68/

Updates here every month... or at least, it used to. The release date for chapter 13 is currently unknown (although before the estimate was taken down, it said the next chapter would be released in late May).

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I didn’t realize the most recent chapter came out a month ago, whoops.

Short spoilers:

Nothing much, except Akira and Pure end up going to a hangout with their classmates, when one classmate admits that she feels like she doesn’t really romantically like her partner and she feels she only has feelings of dependency towards him — exactly like how Akira feels about Pure. Another classmate tells her not to worry, and that “liking” somebody and being “dependent” has its similarities and is not necessarily as black-and-white as it seems, and tells her to imagine if she was confessed to by another guy, would she have gone out with him instead?

Akira, who has been listening intently, takes this advice seriously, and realizes she can “like” and be “dependent” on Pure at the same time, and that had she not met Pure, she likely would not have come to feel this way about somebody else. She recognizes Pure as an irreplaceable person to her, and at the end of the chapter, basically admits to herself that she has fallen in love with Pure.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Latest chapter spoiler :(

The cultural festival has come and during Pure and Akira’s free time, Akira sincerely comes to acknowledge her love for Pure. Akira looks like she’s about to say something, but shrugs it off. The two head back to their shifts for their class, where Pure is tasked to deliver milk tea to the rooftop for fellow event organizers.

Turns out, the event on the rooftop is held for students who wish to say something that they can’t or have difficulties speaking up about. Those who are interested are free to use a megaphone to shout out (from the rooftop) their worries. Inspired, Pure takes the megaphone and voices her own worries. Of course, Akira, who is still working on her shift, overhears this.

Pure confesses that she and her (unnamed) beloved were never dating in the first place, and that she had unintentionally lied about it during her first meeting (with Akira, who remains unnamed throughout the whole speech). She had simply mixed her desires with the reality and her memory got all muzzled up along the way. Even so, Pure remains appreciative of her beloved’s kind and accepting nature, asserts that she still believes Akira to be her fated person, and ends her speech by saying that she is still very much so in love with that person.

Hearing this, Akira rushes to the rooftop (likely with the intention of confessing). Pure turns around and steps off the podium, but as they stand face-to-face, she suddenly vanishes, and Akira is left in a daze, unable to remember why she came to the rooftop at all.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

The cultural festival has come and during Pure and Akira’s free time, Akira sincerely comes to acknowledge her love for Pure. Akira looks like she’s about to say something, but shrugs it off. The two head back to their shifts for their class, where Pure is tasked to deliver milk tea to the rooftop for fellow event organizers.

Turns out, the event on the rooftop is held for students who wish to say something that they can’t or have difficulties speaking up about. Those who are interested are free to use a megaphone to shout out (from the rooftop) their worries. Inspired, Pure takes the megaphone and voices her own worries. Of course, Akira, who is still working on her shift, overhears this.

Pure confesses that she and her (unnamed) beloved were never dating in the first place, and that she had unintentionally lied about it during her first meeting (with Akira, who remains unnamed throughout the whole speech). She had simply mixed her desires with the reality and her memory got all muzzled up along the way. Even so, Pure remains appreciative of her beloved’s kind and accepting nature, asserts that she still believes Akira to be her fated person, and ends her speech by saying that she is still very much so in love with that person.

Hearing this, Akira rushes to the rooftop (likely with the intention of confessing). Pure turns around and steps off the podium, but as they stand face-to-face, she suddenly vanishes, and Akira is left in a daze, unable to remember why she came to the rooftop at all.

No way... I'm sad now, really sad. I can't believe this is the end, she left her alone!

joined Dec 13, 2013

NO onoonnoononononono

joined Jul 21, 2016

spoilers

WAIT!
WHAT HAPPENED AAAA

joined Apr 18, 2018

Thanks for those spoiler, Seira. Might be a bit depressing but totally appreciates it. This manga is clearly a lot deeper than it looks. Too bad the translation for this one died as well. Sigh, so many good manga left to collect dust.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Did the translation of this died for real? Or is this is just another case of a scanlation group being too busy with other stuff?

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I'm really tempted to read the spoilers but if it is still being translated I would like to read it

I read them, so is she actually a time traveler and that's how she disappeared?
If so that would've been a very disappointing ending to a cute story so far

last edited at Sep 8, 2018 12:29AM

Unbenannt%20(copy)
joined Apr 21, 2018

LOL?! They are a couple now? wtf. No Questioning the Kiss?! And now she said "AS FRIENDS?!" WTF. I DONT UNDERSTAND

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

That latest spoiler... that's not the end right?
Tell me it isn't so. ~_~

joined Nov 14, 2013

Where did her mom come from, the future too?

joined Jun 30, 2016

Mmmm why i get the feeling this is going to end bad?

10350345_10203915261036022_4042905298182130354_n
joined Mar 1, 2015

LOL?! They are a couple now? wtf. No Questioning the Kiss?! And now she said "AS FRIENDS?!" WTF. I DONT UNDERSTAND

They are not a couple..Maybe in the future since that is what Pure keeps on saying..But in the current timeline, Akira is only starting to fall in love with Pure for now that's why she doesn't even understand why she kiss her..While Pure thinks that Akira only thinks of her as a friend because of what happen in Chapter 6 that's why Pure thinks that Akira kiss her not because she likes her but as a friend..

joined Jul 12, 2018

well with all those spoiler this is going to end with drama tag for sure. plus something in the spoilers about pure memories who might be fake... kinda alert me with some het in the air.

joined Jul 12, 2018

what if pure is actually the brother's wife or girlfriend (whatever) and came back to save her sister in law?

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

Assuming time travel is legit I am seriously tempted to believe that Pure is her half sister from that other family.

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

NO onoonnoononononono

I'm not crying! Fck no. I'm not crying.

joined May 8, 2014

I don't think the latest spoilers from seira is the ending. If you go to the link, a new chapter looks to be posted.

can't read japanese but
looks like akira starts to remembers pure? im hoping she returns

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

DEAR GOD NOT THE F WORD NOOOO!!!

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Oh, forgot to update here, haha. New chapter spoilers off the top of my head since I’m drinking :’)) (chapter was released in late August):

Ruri and his “art teacher” (who he refers to as “shishou/master”) venture into a place where Ruri has kept his time machine. IIRC it is mentioned here that Pure most likely leapt back in time a year in advance and spent that time looking for Akira, and that she hadn’t appeared in her life out of the blue. Ruri’s art teacher (whose name is Sumire) is also revealed to have come from the past, saving him when he was a child from a potential traffic accident (involving a truck, of course). He has since developed a prototype for time leaping, and expresses his intentions to Sumire about erasing his existence by leaping to the past in order to help his mother escape the grasps of his father. We leave off seeing Sumire despairing over his decision, and him preparing to leave.

Meanwhile, Akira has a faint little callback to Pure and somewhat remembers her existence, but isn’t quite there yet. She rushes to the rooftop, where she was separated from her, but ultimately can’t seem to remember her.

Next chapter is coming out September 23rd, assuming it doesn’t get delayed ;)

last edited at Sep 15, 2018 12:15AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.