Forum › Living with My Brother's Wife. discussion

joined Sep 28, 2017

Having said this, I think its a shame when good stories like this don't even get a chance to be read by the yuri purists simply because it lacks a tag.

Bur seriously I do agree with the sentiment that judging a book by its cover or in this case tags is generally not a wise policy outside of a few rare red flag tags that depict something a person has some sort of psychological problem with.

Well, some of us come here for the yuri and nothing else. There may exist some good stories but if they're not what I'm looking for I'm on my legitimate right to ignore it and go for something that actually interests me. The tags are made for that, to help us to decide which works to read. If I'm thirsty I'll look for water or something similar, not cake, it doesn't matter how tasty it may look. Of course that doesn't mean I'll never taste it, it just that I'm not in the mood for cake. Or if I'm not into gore/lolicon I won't read some gorish/loli manga just because they say it is good.

Don't get me wrong. I love the autor's works, but why don't make a regular slice of life Manga with two girls of different age that happen ti live together because of a tragic event, without all the flirty and subtexty stuff that appears even in the covers? That way we would know what are we aiming to instead of be expecting a relationship that may or may not happen.

last edited at Sep 4, 2018 12:10AM

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

It may surprise me, but I don't think it'll go full yuri. Good slice of life tho.

And I would be OK if it does, of course...

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ah I'm glad I read the comments and gave this a chance. The sudden 46 chapter dump was kinda intimidating since it feels like a lot to read and I usually lose motivation. Then I noticed the art felt familiar after a few chapters and saw it's by Kuzushiro! I love their works.

It'd be great if they did end up being actually romantically involved, but it would feel out of place right now. They haven't even really communicated the most important feelings for one another and it's because they lack trust in each other. I can only see it happening after they accept the brother's death and stop having this dependency on each other as the brother's substitute. So once they got this stuff figured out, and we get a nice lil time skip, it can happen! Ofc i don't think anything would happen since it's not marketed like that and I don't wanna get my hopes up and be caught into a "Stretch" situation.

I actually don't really think this series has THAT much subtext between the two. All the interactions have felt really natural. Like those of two people who know each other, but don't exactly KNOW each other and are figuring out where they stand. Even though ch 46 was great with all that subtext, it felt really sudden and weird. It was out of place with the rest of the series honestly.

I'm looking forward to the rest! If Shino and Nozomi don't end up together, I'd be just as happy if Shino and Koizumi (the older sis ofc) ended up having a thing :D

last edited at Sep 4, 2018 8:49PM

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

I just spent all 46 chapters crying my eyes out. What the fuck Kuzushiro? Why do you do this to me?

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I'm amaze that this story is finally here. I love this manga so much! I was hooked on this story for days now. This probably not a yuri story, but people should read this. Very warmth story between two people that bonded by painful event. The interactions of Shino and Nozomi are the cutest things about this manga.

Going romantic or not, either way is fine with me. If the author chose to make it "romantic" between the MC's well the question is how would gonna do it without being or look unnatural? I mean, it is perfect the way it is and how it flows. Making it romantically all of a sudden is kinda...Idk, maybe a time skip can be the answer. Going to trust the author, he/she noted that he/she knows what she's doing...lol

Thank you for sharing it here.

Oh by the way, there's a Chapter 47 already...
https://mangadex.org/chapter/443104/1

last edited at Sep 4, 2018 8:45AM

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

there's no drama tag and yet I somehow feel sad tho mostly warm inside while reading this..Shino is surrounded by a lot of good people..:')

She was "mumzoned" xDD I have no complains about the way it is but somehow..still..
cough I would be a hypocrite if I don't want this to be yuri cough but that chapter 46 killed my hopes and dreams cries loool but I'll still hope for it a bit..xD

last edited at Sep 4, 2018 8:56AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If the author chose to make it "romantic" between the MC's well the question is how would gonna do it without being or look unnatural?

Well, what comes next after sleeping together and holding hands?

Inquiring minds want to know. lol

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I'm amaze that this story is finally here. I love this manga so much! I was hooked on this story for days now. This probably not a yuri story, but people should read this. Very warmth story between two people that bonded by painful event. The interactions of Shino and Nozomi are the cutest things about this manga.

Going romantic or not, either way is fine with me. If the author chose to make it "romantic" between the MC's well the question is how would gonna do it without being or look unnatural? I mean, it is perfect the way it is and how it flows. Making it romantically all of a sudden is kinda...Idk, maybe a time skip can be the answer. Going to trust the author, he/she noted that he/she knows what she's doing...lol

Thank you for sharing it here.

Oh by the way, there's a Chapter 47 already...
https://mangadex.org/chapter/443104/1

I know a lot of real world married couples that are way less romantic than these two. Seriously.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

A note to anyone reading the comments who hasn't read the manga yet:
If you're like me and decided to skip this because of the title and some of the tags, please give it a try. Three or four chapters, at least.
I was expecting cheaty drama garbage, but that is totally NOT what this story is about. It's just so damn sweet and kind of bitter. It brought me to tears a few times, but I want more. Even if it doesn't turn into an actual romance, that relationship is just..beautiful.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

"A love rectangle involving both your workplace and your family sounds like a special kind of hell".

Truer words had never been spoken.

Kind of reminds me of Stretch, except that you actually know what happened to the characters, instead of constantly having a snail paced tease for some past life changing event to the point you just get bored of it and drop the series halfway through.

last edited at Sep 4, 2018 9:10PM

joined Sep 4, 2018

I had a lot of doubt, reading comments saying this work barely even has subtext. But after I jumped in, I could only say this is even more than anything I could ask for. Their relationship might be gentle, no sex, no touching, no big words of love, but love is there, it's like a breeze but it's indeed there, giving me all these tingling and giddy feeling in my chest, reminding me of the good old days reading manga with subtle yet beautiful hints about young maidens in love. They care, they support, they think of each other, there's certain level of possessiveness, there's cherishing, admiration, curiosity. Are those all we have been looking for in love?
Even if the author decides to drop a hetero relationship on either of the MCs, I would still say those two are hella gay for each other.
PS: I've been with Dynasty for years, but this is the first time I HAD to write a review.
PPS: better love story than citrus.

Img_20180401_104003
joined Nov 26, 2017

segeralah menikah

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Chu Chieu Minh posted:

I had a lot of doubt, reading comments saying this work barely even has subtext. But after I jumped in, I could only say this is even more than anything I could ask for. Their relationship might be gentle, no sex, no touching, no big words of love, but love is there, it's like a breeze but it's indeed there, giving me all these tingling and giddy feeling in my chest, reminding me of the good old days reading manga with subtle yet beautiful hints about young maidens in love. They care, they support, they think of each other, there's certain level of possessiveness, there's cherishing, admiration, curiosity. Are those all we have been looking for in love?
Even if the author decides to drop a hetero relationship on either of the MCs, I would still say those two are hella gay for each other.
PS: I've been with Dynasty for years, but this is the first time I HAD to write a review.
PPS: better love story than citrus.

I know, right? even if this isn't explicitly romantic, is still one of the most beautiful relationship I've seen in manga... And plus! the characters feel real, they don't make idiotic assumptions or keep secrets for too long ... They don't act out of character to force some stupid drama, they talk with each others and if they can't solve it themselves they seek help somewhere else, there's subtle touches of development here and there and the only character I actually hated (and in just one occasion) was Ritsuko, acting like she knows what's best for Shino and Nozomi and how to deal with losing your whole family or a loved one... And it wasn't because the mangaka did it wrong, is because that's how she is, rude and carefree so they have to deal with it realistically.

So yeah, no matter how it ends, I'm sure it's gonna be great ... het, yuri, nothing at all... I'm fine with it (but like I said in mangadex, if there's going to be romance at least keep it to the very end or make a time skip, I don't want it now).

Simple-butterfly-tattoos-designs
joined Apr 24, 2015

This is gonna come out sounding like heresy, but even with the recent shadow of subtext I'm not sure if I want it to go full yuri, but.....but.....yuri....I feel so conflicted.

Romance is sometimes a shallow thing, and the characters in this story are so well developed its feels like no matter what relationship they end up with is going to be much more than a stereotypical romance.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

It's nice seeing people give this one a chance. It's well worth the read. I am very fond of realistic atypical love stories.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

This is gonna come out sounding like heresy, but even with the recent shadow of subtext I'm not sure if I want it to go full yuri, but.....but.....yuri....I feel so conflicted.

Romance is sometimes a shallow thing, and the characters in this story are so well developed its feels like no matter what relationship they end up with is going to be much more than a stereotypical romance.

Right? I feel it too. I was started to read this because I was so frustrated with Unrequited Love by tMnr... but then after reading chapter by chapter, I came to love this manga. No matter what, yuri or not, what’s between Shino and Nozomi is great more than the romance we usually wanted in every story.

last edited at Sep 5, 2018 6:18AM

Nao%20smug%20face
joined Feb 1, 2016

Is this stretch of our generation?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

That horrible cliffhanger in chapter 48 ... Oh My God no, the chapter 49 has been translated too, please don't let the people here suffer for too long.

Now the translation is up to date so no updates for a while... Amazing work from _anq thanks for working so hard.

joined May 30, 2015

this is the most well written yuri story i've ever read
and it's not even yuri

i love it

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Not sure is mangarock is a good source, it might be another of those copy paste websites with bots that post stuff without permission from the escalators, Is better to link to mangadex https://mangadex.org/chapter/444344/1 because I'm sure _anq is the one who uploads there but in mangarock it doesn't say, you can't even discuss the chapters there it seems.

joined Oct 17, 2016

I wondered, why it wasnt uploaded here, but it had another name and didnt get updates like mangadex.

@Yuri or not (chapter 49): Well seeing the author's other works it is a possibility, but at this moment the 2 just seem to be concious of each other, but sexual attraction is never firmly pronounced.

Whatever the outcome ("older sister" vs girlfriend), Id like to go it the Yuri route, because it would be interesting to see, if Shino would be just a replacement for Nozomi's former love, who undoubtly was a guy, independent new love or a mix of both of them. :) I cant remember ever having read such a plot. Falling in love with the younger brother in law of the deceased husband (older brother), yes, seen that, but not this kind.

last edited at Sep 5, 2018 5:30PM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Well. That part-time guy wouldn't get so much screen time if he weren't there for a reason. Chekov's male character, basically. So, clearly, while we're being baited with "ha ha, it's like you are girlfriends" there'll develop a contrived love triangle with that guy in the middle over the next twenty chapters, before the series will abruptly end with an inconclusive, satisfies-nobody-end and possibly a vague promise for a sequel that'll never happen.

And I'm totally not just saying this because this is my 666th post and it felt appropriately evil to say.

joined Apr 6, 2013

Well. That part-time guy wouldn't get so much screen time if he weren't there for a reason. Chekov's male character, basically. So, clearly, while we're being baited with "ha ha, it's like you are girlfriends" there'll develop a contrived love triangle with that guy in the middle over the next twenty chapters, before the series will abruptly end with an inconclusive, satisfies-nobody-end and possibly a vague promise for a sequel that'll never happen.

And I'm totally not just saying this because this is my 666th post and it felt appropriately evil to say.

Pretty sure he was gay for the brother.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I wondered, why it wasnt uploaded here, but it had another name and didnt get updates like mangadex.

It’s pretty understandable, since Dynasty always make the title in English. I actually read this in Mangadex because I think the translator uploaded it there directly.

last edited at Sep 5, 2018 9:16PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.