Forum › Pages in Search of a Bookmark discussion

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I feel like it’ll be the same “be careful, she’s a lesbian” vibe when the girls said “should we tell her”. It would fit because every time I’ve seen that the girl in question is always depicted as a heartless scumbag until the mc manages to thaw her frozen heart.

Or a variation on that where she knows how badly everyone treats lesbians, and pushes the MC away so that she doesn't have to experience that.
Might fit with her treating the MC kindly when she didn't know the MC went to the same school as her.

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Hmm it is indeed a rare happening but childhood friends can win too!
Two examples:
- Kashimashi (yuri)
- DNA 2 ( straight but relevant to conversation)

Kikaluna Uploader
Ef2_zi-u4ae1h8g
Noca Scans
joined Nov 20, 2017

It's too rare, but I still have hope...

Also please, someone, save Rikako! :c

Now am even more curious.

Senpai
joined Dec 12, 2017

So, talking about triangles imagine Rikako x Sempai ending after some crazy drama with ghosts and their secrets. I want Rikako to be happy and with a lover.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Man, that one time where you actually want the childhood friend to succeed.

Ab.%20dog
joined Jan 23, 2016

Ditch that go and end up with your childhood friend! That'd actually make the story more fresh and interesting!

joined Feb 23, 2016

I know how you feel...

joined Mar 6, 2018

Reading this comment section was like reading a treatise on conspiracy theories, pretty hilarious. One thing I didn't really see mentioned:
What a great main character Chitose is. Bold, determined but not over the top, which is quite fresh. She really carried my interest through these first few chapters. I think it's also a smart move to go at it like her - see where this takes me.
Let's hope Touka gets a better character than mysterious senpai though, otherwise it would be a real bummer, because Rikako has already been kind of pingeonholed into the "never tells her true feelings"-camp. Which is also kind of a bummer, because Chitose managed to avoid most tropes and cliche pitfalls as of yet. Would be a shame if this were dragged down because of the weak side-characters/love interests

last edited at Aug 28, 2018 5:36PM

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Ditch that go and end up with your childhood friend! That'd actually make the story more fresh and interesting!

I'm feeling like that since chapter 2, Chitose should just solve the issues of her sempai and go give her childhood friend a chance. Too bad this almost never goes like this, plus both Rikako and Chitose have dark hair and if I learned something from yuri is that yuri couples with the same color of hair are not likely to happen.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Poor Rikako! Let her be with Chitose! #RikakoTeam
Nevermind about my last post, Rikako is the best option, can't change my mind now!

last edited at Aug 28, 2018 6:11PM

Cat
joined Jan 21, 2015

Two examples:
- Kashimashi (yuri)

Wasn't the Kashimashi ending only patched over with an OVA? I mean, it's still cool that the childhood friend "won", but it was pretty much just a consolation prize for the fans who didn't like the original ending.

Compressed-zqdp
joined Jan 16, 2018

The inevitable fate of all childhood friends, being cucked by the new girl.

joined Apr 7, 2018

I feel so bad for her friend :(

joined Jun 30, 2016

Damn her friend is so hurt! the moment that Chitose will realize this it will be to late, also i dont trust that sempai at all.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Two examples:
- Kashimashi (yuri)

Wasn't the Kashimashi ending only patched over with an OVA? I mean, it's still cool that the childhood friend "won", but it was pretty much just a consolation prize for the fans who didn't like the original ending.

Kashimashi was a manga before it was an anime, and the later part of the anime was nowhere near the manga, as is typical. In the original manga, the childhood friend clearly and decisively won, despite the mc being so indecisive.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Two examples:
- Kashimashi (yuri)

Aww it's nice to know that there are still people who appreciate DNA 2.

I'm the one who translated it to English, at a time when scanlation was an unknown thing. I translated chapter by chapter and posted the text files in the VGAI ML (which had actually become, in time, more like a "Anything by Masakazu Katsura" ML). People would download the scans of the original Japanese pages and read 'em holding a printed copy of my translations in hand. Oh the memories.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I don't mind if the childhood friend doesn't end up with the person she initially wants, but what I do get a bit angry at is when the mangaka just decides to just forget about the friend altogether and leave them broken hearted for the rest of eternity, at least most of the manga with childhood friends are like that

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Chitose, if you won’t take Rikako, then I will.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I mean, I'm saying that as someone who typically hates childhood friends whose only reason for being romanced is that they've simply always plagued them like a autoimmune disease.
Like, Rikako actually put in the work to become friends with her and open up. Also the fights against a glasses girl, so the choice is obvious.

last edited at Aug 28, 2018 8:02PM

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Two examples:
- Kashimashi (yuri)

Aww it's nice to know that there are still people who appreciate DNA 2.

I'm the one who translated it to English, at a time when scanlation was an unknown thing. I translated chapter by chapter and posted the text files in the VGAI ML (which had actually become, in time, more like a "Anything by Masakazu Katsura" ML). People would download the scans of the original Japanese pages and read 'em holding a printed copy of my translations in hand. Oh the memories.

Seriously? Thank you for your hard work!! :D people like you made many teenage years happy years, DNA2 rocks, hahaha! And well, I was #TEAM AMI now and 4ever : )

last edited at Aug 28, 2018 8:08PM

joined May 25, 2017

rikako is the definition of what love should be on a basic, pure level... letting the person you love be happy

ofc like unless them being happy is at your expense but i really enjoy rikako so far

joined Jul 26, 2016

Hot damn but does Rikako win the award for sheer determination to follow through what she's resolved to do. That girl's got some true grit.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This is really nice as of yet. :O

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

I knew the childhood friend would lose automatically so I tried not caring for her, but I clearly failed because I think she is precious as fuck. If she ends up all alone after all this I might just put this artist on the blacklist for not having taste

last edited at Aug 29, 2018 12:34AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.