Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

Screen%20shot%202017-11-22%20at%201.04.04%20pm
joined Nov 18, 2017

Looking East posted:

Looking East posted:

That brings up an interesting question. If you have two people in a relationship and one views it as a romantic relationship and the other views it as platonic, would they be considered a couple? Are they dating?

Well, if they are in a relationship then yes? Platonic love is still love, just not physical.

Yes, but we already have a word for platonic love. It is friendship or in special cases family. Basically what makes it confusing is that from one partners perspective their relationship is a deep friendship and from the others it is romantic.

Well since you brought it up after mentioning someone being asexual, I thought that is what you mean by saying platonic. Asexual person can still love someone and want to be in relationship with them. They are simply not attracted to them sexually.

It depends on your definition of platonic. Some see it as non sexual (dictionary definition), while others see it as non romantic (more casual context). I'm guessing you mean the first one. Yeah, sex doesn't define a relationship, and it shouldn't, one person can see the other person sexually and it's fine. If you mean the second defi, which you might, since you refer to one as romantic, if one person sees the relationship as non romantic or only as friendship, they are not a couple, it's just unrequited love.

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

Unlike other people I still enjoy and like the story. It's been quite some time since I enjoyed a Yuri manga so much.

Bun
joined Jul 5, 2018

I guess there's 1000 more chapters until they fuck.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

I hate reading aaangst but I love this series so much! Uta's mother is a bitch.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Blaah!! I need more...(╯°Д °)╯╧╧

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

Oh wow, that mother is just.Wow.

690ea2d43c833a395aa79e98116d8d2f
joined Apr 15, 2018

Oh damn that's tough

GuiltyBoomerang
20180630_180023-412x427
joined Feb 25, 2014

/facepalm

Really living up to the aaaaaangsssttttt tag now

Srztiub
joined Nov 5, 2017

damn, the mom sucks... i don’t understand the end, I don’t get why what kaoru said were words of warning?

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

There are conceited, condescending and opinionated people. Then there is Uta's mother. Surely someone would have the courage to just slap her upside the head and kick her out the house.

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

damn, the mom sucks... i don’t understand the end, I don’t get why what kaoru said were words of warning?

She probably meant to indirectly tell Uta they're important family and nothing more, hence words or warning.

432027e9-d7bf-4855-8947-d2e8c86accea
joined Jun 3, 2018

Based off of the title of this manga, no matter how long it continues for we’re heading for a bad end. Right now Uta’s most likely made up her mind because of the warning Kaoru gave her. So we’ll probably be hit with mother-daughter drama for the next dozen or so chapters before the author decides to get back on track.

last edited at Aug 27, 2018 9:17AM

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

meh... every chapter lives up to its title. Yeah author we can see it's unrequited alright, please stawp with the aaaaaangst. Tbh I look forward to the extra chapter more than the main story now ha ha ha sigh

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

What I want to happen in this manga...
Uta to move on and find someone else. I really can't root for her to be with Kaori. I just see the two to have a pure platonic family relationship.

Kaori to dump the husband and find a new one. We all know what the guy did.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Before one problem is solved, here comes another

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

meh... every chapter lives up to its title. Yeah author we can see it's unrequited alright, please stawp with the aaaaaangst. Tbh I look forward to the extra chapter more than the main story now ha ha ha sigh

And it's not just one unrequited love. It's more like every pairing is unrequited:
* Uta > Kaoru
* Kaoru > Reiichi
* Miyabi > Kuro
* Mother > Children
Even off page, we know the mother's marriages haven't exactly worked out. Is there a single happy, healthy couple in this series? I think that's a large part of makes it so onerous to consume, even if it's good in small bites.

last edited at Aug 27, 2018 10:26AM

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

WHAT A MONUMENTAL DICK

Sayako
joined Mar 1, 2013

Uta needs to gtfo of that house and move on.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Family-zoned?

Img_0840
joined Jun 2, 2015

I guess there's 1000 more chapters until they fuck.

It seems so…

Img_0840
joined Jun 2, 2015

This manga is running so slow its pushing my patience… so in a nutshell her feelings will NEVER be returned!! And her brother is a little shit and his wife still dumb with that head/brain injury and her stone-cold-bitch of a mother…

This manga is going back and forth the same story every chapter, if the next chapter got no yuri action or any development going on i’m Seriously stop reading this shit.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

last edited at Aug 27, 2018 1:09PM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

1) I wanna punch that double standarded mother.

2) seeing her waver and not being able to let go really hurts. :/ I've been in love unrequitedly some time ago and I felt like shit everytime I thought maybe it wasn't in vain, but then my hope was crushed, and repeat from the beginning. It's hell's circle... I just want to see her overcome it, which actually only works with time and distance. Or her love will become requited (it's a manga after all, who knows...). But stop that pseudo-progress... :/

Srztiub
joined Nov 5, 2017

She probably meant to indirectly tell Uta they're important family and nothing more, hence words or warning.

Family zoned indeed then... tears
I hope that Uta finds someone else, because at this point I really can’t see her ending up with Kaoru.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

OHHHH.

a loooot of things just fell into place. I don't know how anybody is gonna look at -this- chapter and say things aren't moving. Look, if you're in it to see them fuck, just go the hell away, this isn't for you. If you're here for the story, there were a lot of bombshells dropped in this episode. We just pretty much found out what's up with EVERYBODY's issues.

Kaoru's mom died, and Uta's mom, her doctor, who knew her personally, (old friends? Lovers? Next door neighbors? Who knows at this point,) apparently got blamed for it professionally, lost her license to practice medicine, and skipped the country for five years to start over abroad. Uta's parents split up over it, and Uta went to live with her dad, but couldn't deal with him (probably because he was reeling from the whole thing himself) and so she came to live with her brother and his wife. Reiichi married Kaoru because he feels like it's his duty to look after her after his mom was apparently responsible for Kaoru's mom passing, so he put aside his actual feelings for Risako, who now resents the whole situation.

Also it's now confirmed that yes, there was a confession. Honestly, coming back to this topic after so long, I was surprised to see there was so much contention on this. I guess it's because I had already made the assumption that if we came back to a jump forward instead of the cliffhanger scene itself, that meant Uta had confessed, but I thought the manga was pretty clear on that front. But now we know for sure. Uta confessed, Kaoru smiled and blew it off, and probably lapsed straight into denial the same way she did with Reiichi's cheating.

"Oh, she must mean that she loves me as a sister. I'm going to ignore that she was just telling me about her romantic love for a married person. I must be misunderstanding something. I wonder if she likes her teacher, or somebody from work? Or...Oh, fuck, who am I kidding. My husband is banging my best friend and my sister-in-law is in love with me. Oh, hi, mom-in-law that apparently killed my mother via medical malpractice. Good timing."

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I just came to check, I was complaining about this series months ago and decided to drop it (main reason was the out of nowhere gf (Aka maid) for Kuro and he arc in general) but I guess it hasn't improved at all, it doesn't make me happy... I thought the first chapters were pretty nice with a fresh take, but now is just aaangst.

I recommend reading Ani no Yome to Kurashite Imasu, a looooooot better, similar theme but slice of life, not yuri or het yet (maybe never) and the husband died.

To reply you must either login or sign up.