Forum › The Zärtlichkeit du Yuri discussion

Qndkfwtexmw51%20-%20kopie
joined May 20, 2014

Could you please change the group name to "The Zärtlichkeit du Yuri"? Maybe as the description "Tender Yuri Scans" which is the english equivalent. Thank you!

joined Jan 8, 2016

Should have asked me to spellcheck this unless you were going for random german words.

Edit: Just noticed, you are a resident there, colour me confused.

last edited at Jun 4, 2016 10:32AM

joined May 20, 2014

Nah, although a bit silly, it's a pun the members were thinking of. Thanks!

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

The new name still cracks me up. Thanks for all your hard work!

joined May 20, 2014

We've opened a discord server: https://discord.gg/rpdhdhn in case anyone wants to meet the staff or just chat about yuri. Everyone is welcome!

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Does anyone know what the source for this credit page is? I've been trying to find the original image for that.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Does anyone know what the source for this credit page is? I've been trying to find the original image for that.

https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=33086979

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Thank you!

joined Jul 11, 2015

I'm sorry if this is a little bothersome but... I have a favour to ask.. um.. to translate this series by Kinosaki Kazura too (if you want, that is)

百合みて❤01 | 木野咲カズラ #pixiv https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?illust_id=62147185&mode=medium

I'm sorry, it's just a random request >////< please pardon me

last edited at Jan 16, 2018 9:09AM

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Re: https://mai88eternalscarlet.wordpress.com/2018/08/25/aono-nachi-kimi-ga-shinu-made-koi-wo-shitai-till-your-death-do-us-part-reasoning-behind-picking-up/

Alright, guys, this is not how to go about things. If you're worried about the quality for a series you're interested in, then you should offer to help the group that's currently working on it, not hijack it without even contacting them. You're making yourselves look like massive elitist douches, and I'm going to assume that's not what you're going for here.

Aside from sounding arrogant, however, it also comes off as somewhat ironic and hypocritical when some of your group's releases are hardly flawless. Being rough around the edges is fine, but that being the case, perhaps you should worry about your own mess before you start talking about someone else's.

TL;DR:

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Hello! You're right, what we're up to is something of gray area, to say the least, and I see why it could be an unpopular move. I'm going to contest one of your points though, since you're painting a bit of an unfair picture of our work.

You've pulled one glaring mistake from our body of work, back from when we were still coming into our own. This is in no way indicative of our work, or of the average quality of our releases. We have one of the highest standards of quality, and one of the most rigorous release processes, out of all the groups. There will always be mistakes, we can always improve, and we have a long way to go, but these errors are not equivalent.

joined Jan 11, 2015

And so you judge another group by their very first release?

Official%20beidou%20cropped
joined May 22, 2016

And not just judging another group though, but outright trying to hijack their series? What the fuck? Who does that? That's so fucking rude. By that logic, a fair number of your past releases should've been pulled right out of your hands right from the start from how mediocre they were.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

And so you judge another group by their very first release?

I'm not affiliated with any group, but isn't the whole point of scanlator letting people who can't read Japanese read these stories? This is not really a business, so you can't "steal" a project. If you see a story that's being so mistranslated that the whole plot makes no sense, wouldn't it make sense want to give people a more appropriated version? And I read the original version and can agree, the translation hurts this story a lot. There are so many basic mistakes that change the whole story or change nuances.
Worse of it, these are fundamental mistakes or things that could be easily researched on google.

Anyway, I just don't think there's "stealing" other people's projects with scanlator. I would be happy if someone would get a project I translated and gave it a better work, because my whole reason for doing it would be for more people to read it, not to get attention. No one has permission to officially work on these, anyway.

joined Jan 11, 2015

It's not my battle to fight, but I prefer seeing people helping each other rather than pushing each other aside. In my opinion, offering to help or collaborate would've been an infinitely more respectful and mature alternative.

You're not entitled to your spot on the sidewalk, but it'd still rub you the wrong way if someone pushed you off the sidewalk entirely, because they wanted to walk there instead.

last edited at Aug 25, 2018 7:55PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Except we talked about a lot of mistakes on the comments session. If they were willing to get help, they could post there. I even made some suggestion, but I don't use facebook, so I wouldn't contact them there. They kinda made themselves unavailable.
I also can say you don't translate some of those sentences without knowing there's something wrong with it. They skipped completely some words probably because they didn't understand. So yeah, maybe translating it again is not the best way to go. But not looking for help when you clearly need it and just releasing it anyway, they should expect something like this happening.
I'll defend mistakes people make while translating because, again, it's not a professional activity. However, I can't do it when these mistakes change the text completely. While I can't say they shouldn't translate it, I think someone else doing it instead is indeed a better solution for now.

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

Why don't you update vampire Chan since it's been so long and leave this drama aside? Vampire Chan deserves better

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Nobody's getting paid for this (or at least I'm not, and I think most groups lose money scanlating) so I'd say that groups should just work on whatever projects they want. You don't owe anyone anything, and you're not hurting another group by picking up the same series. It's not like they have to stop working on it just because you start.

Personally, I'd prefer that someone point out any errors I make rather than start doing the same series. However, I don't think I've ever made mistakes that change the meaning of a series, and I try to make corrections whenever errors are pointed out to me. Also, if there are enough problems, you'd have to go over and check every line against the original, and at that point you might as well just be translating it yourself. I'm not saying that it's at that point here, just that there are some practical limitations to the advice "just help the other group get better".

I can kind of understand the argument, "There are so many untranslated works that you could do instead," but at the same time I can understand the argument, "Fuck that, I translate what I want to translate. This isn't a goddamn charity, it's a hobby."

Anyways, there might be some reasons not to pick up something another group is working on, but if you want to do it, do it.

last edited at Aug 25, 2018 10:51PM

Wow...

joined Feb 23, 2013

lol scanlator drama. Amusing that fansubbers never get this pissy when someone else picks up "their" project.

last edited at Aug 25, 2018 10:59PM

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

I kind of disagree. If a team is working on a title and updates regularly on dynasty, wouldn't be a waste of their efforts if another team decides to take one of their titles and beat them to it by uploading their work here too? I think it's disrespectful. I personally like to ask around if a title is dropped or someone else is working on it before I decide to take a manga title.when CT wanted to do 2dk and another team said they're doing it , we stepped down and let them handle it. I think it's pointless if 2 teams are working on the same title tbh

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Amusing that fansubbers never get this pissy when someone else picks up "their" project.

Subbing (probably) not taking hours and hours of cleaning, redrawing and careful typesetting might have something to do with it.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Amusing that fansubbers never get this pissy when someone else picks up "their" project.

Subbing (probably) not taking hours and hours of cleaning, redrawing and careful typesetting might have something to do with it.

Still, at the core of the issue it's exactly the same. I guess it's a bit much to ask for a design-change in the side to allow for multiple upload groups and then readers can pick what they like, but still ....

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I agree, technically there is no rule against 2 groups doing the same thing. Still there is good and bad way to go about this and Zärtlichkeit picked the wrong one imo.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Well, now that everything's calmed down a bit, how about a quick update. We talked with Archivers and provided feedback for chapter 1. They're planning to translate it again and will continue ahead with the series. Here's wishing them luck with Takemiya Jin, who is always a bit tricky to work on!

On a different note, to see what we're about, you can check out this interview here: https://mangaplanet.jp/scanlation-speaks-zartlichkeit-du-yuri-tender-yuri-scans-interview-yuri-scanlation/

And we switched to the vampchan tankobans rather than buying the monthly anthologies, for those interested. Please don't be that kind of reader.

To reply you must either login or sign up.