Forum › Will the Lily Bloom on the Steep Cliff? discussion

Perfect_human
joined Jan 16, 2017

short-haired girls wearing spats would stop be from falling off of a cliff anyday

joined Jun 30, 2016

ok the kid is kinda too hype but with a nice heart, good for her.

last edited at Jul 5, 2018 11:11PM

joined Jan 10, 2017

So lets see a sequel where short girl sets her up with a friend but then starts to get jealous.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Whenever I see this author upload I know my day was going to be made.

Usually I don't like these "it looks like yuri but ends up not being yuri" stories. I mean, if I wasn't reading yuri I wouldn't be here. But this one is an exception. I like this.

joined Jan 10, 2017

Usually I don't like these "it looks like yuri but ends up not being yuri" stories. I mean, if I wasn't reading yuri I wouldn't be here. But this one is an exception. I like this.

The age gap tag is especially misleading.

Screen%20shot%202018-05-16%20at%208.28.34%20am
joined May 15, 2018

oh my gosh this is so damn pure.

joined Jul 11, 2015

blooming lilies = having a girlfriend

and here i am, still looking for seeds..... ;A;

Letty
joined Oct 19, 2017

this is so wholesome
I loved it

RumpledForeSkiin
joined Jun 27, 2016

Is she wearing a parachute?

last edited at Jul 6, 2018 12:26AM

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I guess the answer to the title is "no, because one of the girls isn't into women".

C-osuc_xsaatkpt
joined Jun 23, 2017

Is this how all yuri starts?

joined Feb 23, 2016

Interesting.. would be funny qith a sequel lol

joined May 28, 2018

I guess the answer to the title is "no, because one of the girls isn't into women".

The answer migth be yes too, because it have a actual lily blooming on the cliff.

Divalshfgd_400x400
joined Jan 18, 2017

Why do you say the age gap tag is misleading? They are clearly not the same age. The woman looks to be in her mid-twenties and the girl could be a high school freshman.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

The answer migth be yes too, because it have a actual lily blooming on the cliff.

Hahaha no no that explanation is too literal!! Where is my happy Yuri ending!

I wouldn't want these two to get together though because airhead/rebound/she literally told her twice that she's straight

That lesbian reveal though. "Even though we're both women I'll never forget you" cmon really, who messages like that

Surely they could've just idk said something like she's not as comfortable with being with a woman than she thought she would be, just some kind on sentence that actually makes sense in the real world

joined Jan 10, 2017

Why do you say the age gap tag is misleading? They are clearly not the same age. The woman looks to be in her mid-twenties and the girl could be a high school freshman.

Because the tag refers to romantic partners. You don't see older-younger siblings/friends/etc. tagged with age gap.

last edited at Jul 6, 2018 3:30AM

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Because the tag refers to romantic partners. You don't see older-younger siblings/friends/etc. tagged with age gap.

Considering the author and the symbolism at the end I think age gap works perfectly fine here.

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Oh no, this lady is going to make the biggest mistake a lesbian can make in her whole life; falling in love with a straight girl.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Bah, she protests too much.

Also, the opening scene about not-actually-doing suicide-but-then-nearly-getting-killed feels really familiar ... oh, right, Zetsubou Sensei all the way.

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Bah, she protests too much.

Also, the opening scene about not-actually-doing suicide-but-then-nearly-getting-killed feels really familiar ... oh, right, Zetsubou Sensei all the way.

aqua blue cinema also did that. was way too similar to aqua blue for me to like it. girl goes to cliff edge cause heartache. airhead local stops her, misreading the situation. at least in aqua blue they get together lol

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/will_the_lily_bloom_on_the_steep_cliff#1

that face when you found out your girlfriend is no longer yuri pftt
this so funny! I wonder why lol

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

What an abrupt ending , I think dynasty-scans should've added What the fuck am I reading? tag

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/will_the_lily_bloom_on_the_steep_cliff#17
nah, I highly doubt it

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

So many comments I want to reply to, oh god.

I usually skip those. I am so glad I decided to give this one a try.

This comment, though!

That lesbian reveal though. "Even though we're both women I'll never forget you" cmon really, who messages like that

Surely they could've just idk said something like she's not as comfortable with being with a woman than she thought she would be, just some kind on sentence that actually makes sense in the real world

Yeah, I thought that was a bit off as well.

Oh no, this lady is going to make the biggest mistake a lesbian can make in her whole life; falling in love with a straight girl.

This takes me back. Oh lord, why do we do that to ourselves?

aqua blue cinema also did that. was way too similar to aqua blue for me to like it. girl goes to cliff edge cause heartache. airhead local stops her, misreading the situation. at least in aqua blue they get together lol

I love aqua blue, but I liked this one more, though. And I feel like they give off totally different vibes, aqua blue takes a romantic, slowly-fall-in-love path, while this one's a bit more about making a friend that helps you deal with your feelings. It's wholesome and makes me happy.

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

What an abrupt ending , I think dynasty-scans should've added What the fuck am I reading? tag

Really? It’s short but it told a complete story and nothing in it really defied reality—it’s a situation that could happen exactly as depicted in real life.

Most things with that tag are far more bizarre than just having an abrupt ending.

Check back with me when that lily starts talking or something.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

You know, it's all too possible that Airhead Girl is only saying "I'm not into women!" because she's either unaware that she's actually lesbian/bi (well, she is an airhead) or is afraid of committing to any sort of relationship yet.

last edited at Jul 6, 2018 10:30AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.