Forum › Futari Monologue discussion

joined Oct 23, 2016

Am I the only one that always reads futanari whenever they upload a new chapter? just me? ( ○ ×○`)

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

I managed to avoid whatever this is untill now thanks internet.

Pretentious battle harem staring a nihilistic pedophile who wants to bang his little sisters, complete with self claimed lesbian who wants MCs dick just as bad as everyone else. Otaku bait that won't be ending anytime soon and giving shaft an excuse not to make the next Madoka project.

I've always thought this, but until now I've never had this opinion validated by another person. Try as I might, I can't see any philosophical value in monogatari. It's always seemed to me like a "worst of" compilation of anime tropes, combined with a very slow pace.

Oh it's Monogatari we're talking about? Thanks for putting me off of the idea of watching it for good.

I tried to like the show but the scene with Senjouhara, her dad and the male protagonist in the car kind of pissed me off for good and I couldn't bring myself to watch it any more.

I've been debating whether or not to give Monogotari a try. What happened in said scene?

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/futari_monologue_ch18#3
Oh jeez
Poor Mikage; no wonder she's become such a disaster. :(

Finally caught up. Love the premise of this, ripe for both great comedy shenanigans, and a fair bit of tragic potential as well. Particularly the early chapters, when Hinata still thought she was being bullied, hit me in the feels more than anything. I'm honestly not so fond of the nightmare fuel faces, and the library chapter in particular was just... why... but overall, I'm still really loving this; can't wait to see where things go from here.

Terumoko
joined Feb 18, 2013

Hinata-chan is the light that will purify this sick world...

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Aah so cute

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

I've been debating whether or not to give Monogotari a try. What happened in said scene?

I just rewatched that episode, and it mostly seems like Senjougahara being her usual sadistic tsundere self. Also possibly trying to make her dad uncomfortable by being sexual towards Araragi in the backseat. As for Tsubasa being attracted to Arararagi, I only ever saw that happening once, and it was almost immediately after she almost killed someone because she was in love with another girl. She was probably feeling some weird misplaced guilt over her sexuality at the time. For the rest of the series I've seen, she only treats him as a close friend. And Arararararagi is not a nihilist. If anything, he cares too much about people and can't just let things be.
As for the series as a whole (I've watched up to Hanamonogatari) I liked it. The weird overtones of it (like the toothbrushing thing) or Arararararagi being kind of a lolicon are eh, but I feel as a whole it's pretty good. The end of the first section of second season is probably one of the most satisfying conclusions to a character arc I've seen in a while.

Long story short, I feel like it's something you either love or you hate. I'd say it's worth a shot, but if you do like it, skip Hanamonogatari/Suruga Devil (the second season part after Senjougahara and Kaiki) until the end, as it timeskips past the end of the series and spoils a few character fates.

Alright, thank you!

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Mikage's Devilman faces are hilarious.

joined Feb 18, 2015

"I didn't hear anything." - very smart classmate!

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I'm crying. I'm literally crying. I can't stop laughing. Somebody help.

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

Dammit, Mikage, you useless lesbian!

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

So today is the day Mikage snaps and kills someone? Glad to be on first row for it

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Mikage is such a glorious disaster and I love her

joined Sep 25, 2015

These chapters are too short. :(

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016
Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

it'd nice to see hinata becomes the only one who can understand mikage, Im getting tired of these misunderstandings

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm getting scared

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Somewhat disappointed with this chapter

Terumoko
joined Feb 18, 2013

I WANT TO SEE MORE BLOOD!

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I laughed so hard

Oh my god

Terumoko
joined Feb 18, 2013

LOL! These extras! Love this series!

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Those were fun AUs

Untitled%20design
joined Jul 13, 2016

Which gender is the villain supposed to be? Since it was translated as “dummer lehrerin” which entails both female and male forms of addressing a gender in German with “dummer” being male and “lehrerin” female, which sounds really odd as a German because we would address a female stupid teacher as “dumme Lehrerin” and a male stupid teacher as “dummer Lehrer”. @Stan Miller would be just interested how this choice of translation was made or rather how the raws led to this decision :P

last edited at Jul 27, 2018 8:09PM

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I liked the volume extras more than the real chapter

Stan Miller Staff
Muppo%20and%20northern%20ocean%20hime%20(kantai%20collection%20and%20moomin)%20drawn%20by%20sazanami%20konami%20-%20f1a1a8ae888c4eff5aac0862c561be11
Cyan Steam (Stan Miller)
joined May 25, 2017

Which gender is the villain supposed to be? Since it was translated as “dummer lehrerin” which entails both female and male forms of addressing a gender in German with “dummer” being male and “lehrerin” female, which sounds really odd as a German because we would address a female stupid teacher as “dumme Lehrerin” and a male stupid teacher as “dummer Lehrer”. @Stan Miller would be just interested how this choice of translation was made or rather how the raws led to this decision :P

Ooops, that's a typo. Sorry about that, I put the extra "r" in "dummer" out of habit. Will fix as soon as the editor is up.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Best extra ever :D

To reply you must either login or sign up.