Forum › Killing Me! discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

We don't know how old is this vampire.

Maybe pedophile would be a better word? :D

joined Jul 26, 2016

There's a specific term for that strike zone actually. (Large numbers of people seem to qualify if those trashy pop-up ads and about 95% of hentai are to judge by...)

It could be theorized Miyoko's preferences are at least partly a byproduct of her apparent age, which should make it easiest for her to socialize with and hence prey on teenagers without attracting undue attention.

last edited at Jun 4, 2018 7:05AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, she better turn Saki into a vampire at some point, or their love with be short lived.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Eh, it's kind of an implicit premise here that Saki's status will sooner or later upgrade from "merely" my current favourite mortal into my special person kyaa~...

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Shit chapter. Dropped.

I liked it better when I was taking a look at the Chinese scans and couldn't understand anything.

last edited at Jun 4, 2018 8:25AM

joined Apr 18, 2018

It seems that this manga attracted idiots. Better to stay away from this side of the comment section.

joined Jul 11, 2015

this is getting more interesting11!!!1

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

She's not a papilo demon, her bloodsucking isn't sexing

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

From what I get from this so far is that Saki needs to understand that who Miyoko likes and who she sucks her blood from, aren't necessarily the same person. Miyoko likes Saki, but that doesn't mean she only has to suck her blood, that's why Miyoko was confused, she doesn't know Saki thinks of the bloodsucking as some kind of kinky flirting.

joined Jul 26, 2016

No I'm pretty sure the bloodsucking is also some kind of kinky flirting. Just not only.

joined Nov 21, 2016

So why didn't she turn into a vampire already?

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

What makes this story creepy is, you really get a sense the vampire is very old and smart and experienced, no matter how young she looks. The mangaka is really good at having that shine through. I do think she wants the vampire hunter as a companion though. My guess is, that in addition to short-term making her jealous, she's rubbing in the fact that she'll lose her youth and beauty to soften her up for the eventual change to a vampire.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

And the vampire is a lolicon to boot. Only interested in young girls.

Probably not - that's part of her ploy. I mean, probably to a degree, but she says things VERY strategically to the naive hunter girl.

1. It made her jealous
  2. It planted the seeds so she'll be less resistant to becoming a vampire.
F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Dee0342 posted:

In many stories I've read there's always an excuse, it might depends on probability, compatibility or the vampire's will to have a servant... Or maybe hunter chan is not a virgin?

last edited at Jun 4, 2018 3:48PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Folklore and the balance of modern depictions usually require actually getting killed, not just bitten - this is not lupusrabies jeez.

And Miyoko's taking dainty enough sips that N00b Hunter-chan isn't even getting anemic despite being chewed on on a more or less daily basis so...

What makes this story creepy is, you really get a sense the vampire is very old and smart and experienced, no matter how young she looks. The mangaka is really good at having that shine through. I do think she wants the vampire hunter as a companion though. My guess is, that in addition to short-term making her jealous, she's rubbing in the fact that she'll lose her youth and beauty to soften her up for the eventual change to a vampire.

Well if nothing else it's obvious Saki is totally out of her depth against her. Miyoko blatantly doesn't even treat her persistent attempts at slayering as any sort of credible threat but rather as fun play-fighting which doubtless bugs Saki to no end.

last edited at Jun 4, 2018 1:47PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

johnb posted:

Too soon Tony. Too soon.
Seriously. That comment might hit a nerve or two.

I mean considering recent statistics there's never going to be a time it's not too soon, lol.

Serenata posted:

In many stories I've read there's always an excuse, it might depends on probability, compatibility or the vampire's will to have a servant... Or maybe hunter chan is not a virgin?

There's all sorts of reasons other than those too. For example I recall one fairly established vampire trope being that a vampire drinking a human's blood doesn't make one a vampire but the human drinking the vampire's blood would.

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

Serenata posted:

There's all sorts of reasons other than those too. For example I recall one fairly established vampire trope being that a vampire drinking a human's blood doesn't make one a vampire but the human drinking the vampire's blood would.

I mean... maybe she has to eat her out instead

joined Jul 26, 2016

That'd be a novel take on the proliferation part if nothing else not to mention a decent hentai premise. Ought to make life somewhat inconvenient for vampires that are into both casual sex and performing cunnilingus due to unintented population explosion though...

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

And it was so cute too. It's a shame it went to shit like this. Well, at least it happened only 3 chapters in so I don't have to waste my time on it only to find out it was shit later on.

last edited at Jun 4, 2018 7:22PM

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

Miyoko implies Saki has nothing to worry about since corpses are typically turned to ash in Japan. So, in this setting, you have to die after having your blood sucked presumably.

She's not hunting vampires...she's stalking a single vampire in hopes of killing or sexing her.

She very clearly saying that her mission is to hunt vampires, that she's a vampire hunter etc.

This isn't just about some sort of self-defense thing in this single case, even if she's never shown hunting any other vamp.

In the next chapter, it's revealed that she's specifically in that town to kill Miyoko. So you're both sort of correct.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

FriedBreadfast posted:

Serenata posted:

I mean... maybe she has to eat her out instead

If she discover that any secretion would do, then I would enjoy this manga so much more hahaha .......... wait, maybe not all secretions :x

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I think whether a person (or souless blood sucker, as the case maybe be) is a pedophile, or not, is determined by the age of the alleged victom, and not the perpetrator.

S.m.%20logo
joined Jun 3, 2017

Unless Vampire-chan says something like she sees every non-vampire as a child to her, the idea is still a thing...

But just not in actuality.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think whether a person (or souless blood sucker, as the case maybe be) is a pedophile, or not, is determined by the age of the alleged victom, and not the perpetrator.

Your point is? Saki is clearly underage.

joined Jul 26, 2016

...by which legislation specifically? Because she'd likely meet the age of consent in a whole bunch of places, including about half of US states.

Mind, it's not like Miyoko has thus far expressed specifically sexual interest in her to begin with...

To reply you must either login or sign up.