Forum › Killing Me! discussion

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

All these people complaining before the story even progresses further.
What a bunch of weak, entitled, vanilla shits.

COULDN'T AGREE MORE, my only dislike is way too short, other than that, keep 'em coming

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

I agree with your post. There hasn't even been 50 pages translated yet. Of course they're going to say the wrong thing and fuck up. Based on what we've seen, Saki could just be a chick roleplaying with airsoft with how effective she's been. Also lol at the pedo comment.

last edited at Jun 3, 2018 11:31PM

1916028_1073061359394379_8287547252845901979_n
joined May 1, 2017

I just want to see more blood sucking

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

How presumptuous of you... we're allowed to criticize a manga that is just starting out to determine if we want to read it further or not. What that vampire girl said was a deal breaker for a lot of us. People are allowed to have different tastes yeah? Doesn't make us vanilla in any way considering the story was very cute and feel good until this point.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Your average Dynasty reader can't comprehend that the latest development won't necessarily be the last one. It's weird.

Still, Entoma is being a jerk.

Also, remember that she's literally an undead monster, feeding on the blood of the loving against their will. Her being picky about what she eats is kind of the least of her sins.

last edited at Jun 4, 2018 12:30AM

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

Most people always make a same mistake, pushes the mortal view into an immortal character. But wait, human are also the same, isn't it? We prefer fresh meat and vegetable, are we not?

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

(ugh!) Not only is Miyoko a vampire, she is a youth obsessed womanizer, as well. Of course Saki's love is probably going to make an honest woman, I mean vampire, out of her. If Miyoko was a male character I would would be so p.o.ed. But, because Miyoko is a female blood sucker, I want the two to get together. Sometimes my love of all things yuri is a curse.

S.m.%20logo
joined Jun 3, 2017

Nobody asked the important questions yet.

Like...are we gonna see more vampire or is Vampire-Chan gonna be the only one Newbie-San deals with?

For a hunter, she's kinda stuck with one easy target...which is probably accurate but not good.

last edited at Jun 4, 2018 1:02AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

I like how blasé the nurse is about one of her students shooting at another one in her nursey...

You'd think someone would notice her constantly firing a gun in school.

Clearly they live in a B-movie universe where such things attract little attention. Probably an everyday occurrence anyway.
┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌

Dude that Saki is a bitch, "i will stop sucking your blood when you become an adult" are you for real? are you really that egocentric? i dont know about you guys, but for me this dropped my liking for this chick to zero.

As already pointed out she's an immortal monster that must literally prey on people to survive; being arbitrarily picky about her food is... somewhat irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. This is roughly analogous to being fussy about which particular kinds of free-range chickens' eggs you eat (since she apparently takes a very "minimum damage" approach to feeding).

Also,
"When you must hunt your own kind to survive empathy is the first thing to go."
- Blindsight

last edited at Jun 4, 2018 1:09AM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

This was so off putting. In several ways. I do not see them turning this around in a way I can get behind. ignoring these developments seems more likely. (which would also be off-putting)

But this biggest turn off is watching the hunter throw herself at the vampire after that. No. That resembles a character type I just cannot respect, tolerate or enjoy in what is. . . a comedy so. Yeah. Two lead characters I can't stand now. I'm out.

Sorry. I try NOT to rant on this website. This is half left over from me about to go off on the person calling people shits for being opinionated or whatever their deal was.

S.m.%20logo
joined Jun 3, 2017

"Characters need to be likeable" isn't a concept here...it seems.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

obssesednuker posted:

I like how blasé the nurse is about one of her students shooting at another one in her nursey...

Obviously it's an American school.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

obssesednuker posted:

Obviously it's an American school.

Too soon Tony. Too soon.
Seriously. That comment might hit a nerve or two.

joined Jul 26, 2016

"Characters need to be likeable" isn't a concept here...it seems.

Characters don't have to be conventionally likable to be entertaining and interesting. ʅ ( • ε • ) ʃ

S.m.%20logo
joined Jun 3, 2017

That's kind of the point...yes.

There's only one kind of likeability...that seems to be accepted.

last edited at Jun 4, 2018 3:46AM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Dude that Saki is a bitch, "i will stop sucking your blood when you become an adult" are you for real? are you really that egocentric? i dont know about you guys, but for me this dropped my liking for this chick to zero.

Saki is the vampire hunter

Guys, guys, guys, haven't we taken into account that she just said that to make her jealous? Anyway, it's inevitable Saki will someday pass away and leave Miyoko behind, so she'll have to let go and find someone new. It's sad, but true

You guys need to recalculate what's really a character you should hate cough the cousin from The Rain and the Other Side of You cough

last edited at Jun 4, 2018 4:06AM

S.m.%20logo
joined Jun 3, 2017

ya know...knee-jerk reactions will wear off soon. Honestly the only real problem was Newbie-San getting soft on Vampire-Chan even after what she said.

Jealousy doesn't work that way. Saving the student is one thing, but becoming actual Soon-der-ay is another.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Guys, guys, guys, haven't we taken into account that she just said that to make her jealous?

Eh, I dunno. While I certainly wouldn't put that past her Miyoko seemed to be genuinely confused over why Saki got so upset. She's probably far enough removed from the baseline human condition to have some real problems relating to the emotional turmoil of conflicted teenagers. (I'd hazard she doesn't really "get" Saki and just finds her fun to be around and interesting if a bit baffling.)

Anyway, it's inevitable Saki will someday pass away and leave Miyoko behind, so she'll have to let go and find someone new. It's sad, but true

"Oh well, there's a new bus every hour" as one old guy put it. Wouldn't be surprised if her particular feeding policy was specifically to avoid getting too involved with the short-lived meals on the hoof though...
Mind you, either she has some as-yet unrevealed vampire voodoo that lets her mess with their memories or The Masquerade isn't much of a concern in the setting for some reason (see: "live in a B-movie universe").

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Meh. I just don't feel this is very good; or at least not to my tastes. There just seems to mostly be a "one situation per chapter" approach with little depth or anything; but no serious conflict. I mean, she's hunting vampires ... why again? Blood sucking doesn't seem to be a big deal. And running around with a gun at school and shooting at "sick people" just makes the nurse go "be quiet"? So I guess it's just comedy, but then there's no real reason to worry about anything much anyway ...

S.m.%20logo
joined Jun 3, 2017

She's not hunting vampires...she's stalking a single vampire in hopes of killing or sexing her.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

She's not hunting vampires...she's stalking a single vampire in hopes of killing or sexing her.

She very clearly saying that her mission is to hunt vampires, that she's a vampire hunter etc.

This isn't just about some sort of self-defense thing in this single case, even if she's never shown hunting any other vamp.

joined Jul 26, 2016

It's certainly a bit of a question mark why exactly she's going after Miyoko in the first place, given that as far as we know the latter is an essentially harmless Friendly Neighbourhood Bloodsucker... Might be a combination of boneheaded "if it's vampire, kill it" attitude and plain not knowing of any others within reach I suppose.

Though more practically I rather suspect the author is just having fun with the typically very poorly thought out animanga monster-hunter cliches and the audience is expected to just take it in stride...

S.m.%20logo
joined Jun 3, 2017

She very clearly saying that her mission is to hunt vampires, that she's a vampire hunter etc.

This isn't just about some sort of self-defense thing in this single case, even if she's never shown hunting any other vamp.

Acknowledged. I didn't say anything about self-defense, which is why I used the term stalking.

last edited at Jun 4, 2018 4:54AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

And the vampire is a lolicon to boot. Only interested in young girls.

joined Jul 26, 2016

...I don't think a preference for (about) high schoolers matches the generally employed definition of "lolicon" actually. >_>

To reply you must either login or sign up.