Forum › Kimi wa Shoujo discussion

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

But it's not grammatically incorrect. You start letters in english as, say: "Dear [Hoky]," or "Dear [Bob]" with the subject in the brackets I'm placing.
In this case, it'd be "Dear [My Teacher]." That's absolutely correct. Saying "My Dear Teacher" is something entirely different in meaning. In the former case, it means something along the lines of "to my teacher" and in your erroneously fixed version it means "my important teacher." The point of the title is that it's the person's feelings they are trying to send to their teacher.

"Dear Teacher" would probably be a more natural way to phrase it in English than "Dear My Teacher", but eh, it gets the idea across.

Back on topic, I'm starting to think that another commenter's theory earlier in the thread that Rii was Kohsaka's previous target is right on the money. She's being a little too serious and intense for somebody who doesn't suspect what's going on.

It also sounds significantly less personal to say Dear Teacher.

last edited at May 22, 2018 11:46PM

joined Aug 28, 2016

Also, I hope LilyBlack you're right. But based on what someone else posted in here earlier, I'm not getting my hopes up. The way the first page reintroduces the story (granted it would've been nice if that were translated too :P) kinda makes it look like your typical yuri manga overlooking obvious child abuse. I hope I'm wrong but... Yeah...

Honestly, even if that prediction is right, it's still compatible with the angle it currently seems to be going for, which is that Kohsaka's shepherding girls into adulthood by introducing them to sex and is ultimately going to be presented as benevolent or at least neutral. Which, yeah, pretty messed up.

Fb_img_1627005325889
joined Apr 26, 2018

Wow. So many hate. i bet they wouldn't like the ending of this manga

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

The story seems to be treating what happaned as okay. Like Kousaka-san is just showing Jinno-san a path to adulthood. What Kousaka-san did is.... well rape. There is really no getting around it. I think I would be cool with what happaned between Kousaka-san and Jinno-san, if Jinno-san had understood what was happening and gave permission, but this is hard to swallow. I always want to root for yuri love. Sometimes the story makes it hard to. though.

joined Sep 1, 2017

Geeze. I wish they would post these comments, latest to earliest.

Hitsugi%20icon
joined May 23, 2018

Okay this is going exactly where I expected it to. And that's not a good thing. While I'm not shocked, I'm not going to hide my disappointment and disgust. There's no question that woman's a rapist. And this author is condoning this behavior as acceptable as a romantic relationship. I understand the draw of loli and age gap manga. While I'm not big on loli I've enjoyed various age gap stories like My Dear Teacher (I refuse to use the Engrish title). Such stories didn't involve watching a grown adult grooming a child and outright tossing her into bed and raping her. This one goes beyond the pale. Keep in mind, I'm cool with the story being here and being available for everyone to read. I'm sure there are some people who're enjoying it. But I'm thoroughly disgusted with it.

COMPLETELY agree with this. And as other people have already pointed out, the fact that the girl's reaction is similar to how one might actually react after an experience like this is just... really fucking creepy. When Kousaka whisked her into the house like that, I could feel the tension rising up until that point, and then my heart just sank when I realized that it really was going to happen like this.
Romance manga is fantasy, which makes it possible to portray something that ordinarily rarely works (like a relationship with a large age gap) in a way that's sweet or sexy. But choosing to use that fantasy instead to excuse what was obviously rape is just incredibly messed up. I'm definitely not coming back to this.

Slime
joined Aug 19, 2013

I think there are a number of factors contributing to this feeling like rape, in addition to the girl being 13 and the adult being 30 something. Her behavior is... creepy to say the least. She doesn't appear to want anything to do with adults. I wonder if the author is aware of just how creepy she's made Kousaka-san. Also even if Jinno-san understood what was going on... In Japan she's not at the age of consent. It's rape any way you slice it.

joined Sep 1, 2017

I think there are a number of factors contributing to this feeling like rape, in addition to the girl being 13 and the adult being 30 something. Her behavior is... creepy to say the least. She doesn't appear to want anything to do with adults. I wonder if the author is aware of just how creepy she's made Kousaka-san. Also even if Jinno-san understood what was going on... In Japan she's not at the age of consent. It's rape any way you slice it.

Yeah your right, it's rape no matter how you slice it. I would just feel better, if Jinno-san at least understood and consented. Even if the consent meant nothing legaly.

Thumbs
joined Apr 16, 2012

I completely agree Trough she isn 13 but 14
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kimi_wa_shoujo_ch01#12
Most girls at this age do know what sex is. so I wonder why the auther did this.
Yes this rape, is still wonder how it wil end..
The strory is still good. I never readed something like this so it's Interesting 2 me

last edited at May 23, 2018 2:31AM

Inai hou ga ii ningen
joined May 23, 2018

To be honest someone casually took my first time and we were barely acquaintances and I guess I consented without saying yes and I was kinda scared but it wasnt as bad as I thought It would be my point is I guess that its fiction and while most people might not like it some people do enjoy it if you dont like it just dont read it.

And I in no way condone sex without consent in reality but people will keep writing stuff like this for years to come the author knows it's not right we all know it's not right nobody is really breaking any new ground

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Is Jinno confusing PTSD for love?

Anyway, this chapter needs a Masturbation tag I think.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Man, seeing a huge debate form every time a situation of questionable consent pops up in a manga is getting really old at this point. I'm here to read the story, not the ten-thousandth lecture on the definition of rape.
I find this manga really interesting. Did anyone appreciate the reversal in the last chapter that flips around the event where they met at the pond? Also, I'm interested in what role glasses-friend is gonna play in the future.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Sometimes you just have to fuck something out of your system. Clearly the little heroine is unable to move on without resolving her ... tensions.

Also, I'm interested in what role glasses-friend is gonna play in the future.

She's gonna get raped.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

At this point the older one feels like a succubus or something. In a fantasy setting, that would have been nice. The reactions of the girl are bit too realistic for me to enjoy the pair, though.

last edited at May 23, 2018 5:51AM

joined Oct 10, 2016

Let's put the fact everyone is missing for some point.
Rii is in love with Jinno.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Man, seeing a huge debate form every time a situation of questionable consent pops up in a manga is getting really old at this point. I'm here to read the story, not the ten-thousandth lecture on the definition of rape.
I find this manga really interesting. Did anyone appreciate the reversal in the last chapter that flips around the event where they met at the pond? Also, I'm interested in what role glasses-friend is gonna play in the future.

Yeah. It's really odd how we as a people have become more open and accepting to things, receptive of other people's ideas...

Yet at the same time, become so absolutist on certain issues. I don't know how (or why) others are reading this as condoning the pairing outright, but I'm reading this with a lot of tension and suspense. I sort of like the 'sleepy small town' setting with so many people familiar with that mysterious figure, it adds to this.

Not to mention, there are plenty of works out there: Movies, books, even video games, which do questionable and outright gross things to make their consumers uncomfortable, as the intended reaction. That doesn't mean it approves specifically of what happened inside the material--be it gore or sex or anything else. I hope people can come to understand that, down the line.

last edited at May 23, 2018 7:02AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

morter posted:

Not to mention, there are plenty of works out there: Movies, books, even video games, which do questionable and outright gross things to make their consumers uncomfortable, as the intended reaction. That doesn't mean it approves specifically of what happened inside the material--be it gore or sex or anything else. I hope people can come to understand that, down the line.

cough violence cough

But yea, there are definitely some works that paint certain bad things as positive, but it doesn't mean, every work that features them, necessary encourages them. It can condemn or even comment on them as well. Also fiction is perfect place to explore less comfortable and darker places, without actually experiencing them. Especially when they are actually written fairly realistic and not overfictionalized. Other media does it, so I see no reason why manga should be different.

Don't like it feels rapey or maybe portray actual rape? Nobody forces you to read it. There is plenty fluffy yuri out there. Some people just like to be taken out of their comfort zone and experience something different in the story. Not every work has to be light-hearted romance.

Fb_img_1627005325889
joined Apr 26, 2018

Let's put the fact everyone is missing for some point.
Rii is in love with Jinno.

Haha you're right. Did you see the raws?

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

It's only okay when Murciélago portrays similar themes, gals. Move on, nothing to see other than forced moral talk over here.

Nobody is saying Murcielago is ok in portrarying sexual violence. In fact, pretty much every action in that manga can be summed up with "This is extremely fucked up, we know".

Here tho, we have an adult woman grooming and raping a young girl, too young and too naive to even give consent, and the artist seems to be trying to portray it with romantic undertones. Like this is supposed to be something to support. And no

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

High five here. I am with you.

A
joined May 24, 2013

I'm hoping this ends with Kousaka getting thrown into prison and Jinno getting some serious emotional support... buuuut I know it won't

Fb_img_1627005325889
joined Apr 26, 2018

I'm hoping this ends with Kousaka getting thrown into prison and Jinno getting some serious emotional support... buuuut I know it won't

You're correct she won't

last edited at May 23, 2018 10:00AM

Psx_20160306_172109
joined Mar 21, 2013

...is this call me by your name

joined Jul 7, 2017

You're correct she won't

Spoil me the ending please hahaha I don't want to read this anymore but at the same time I'm curious about the ending. I know it's silly but yeah that's me being me.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

auikimaya posted:

It's only okay when Murciélago portrays similar themes, gals. Move on, nothing to see other than forced moral talk over here.

Nobody is saying Murcielago is ok in portrarying sexual violence. In fact, pretty much every action in that manga can be summed up with "This is extremely fucked up, we know".

Here tho, we have an adult woman grooming and raping a young girl, too young and too naive to even give consent, and the artist seems to be trying to portray it with romantic undertones. Like this is supposed to be something to support. And no

Wait wait wait, so the author was supposed to draw the adult woman with an evil smile, horns and stuff like that? like "HEY THIS IS THE BAD PERSON HERE! DON'T DO THIS IS BAAAD" and the girl with tears and scratches? like, there's sex with flowers and sugar and then there's demonic sex and the author is in obligation to demonstrate the difference every time, because this isn't a manga story, is sex education, a psychological example of a bad encounter? well no... Why can't you just use the same excuse of Murcielago and accept this for what it is? do you avoid every violence action or sexual behavior en manga/anime? you want every story to be about good people having a good time? sorry for all the questions, my point is, this is a story, it doesn't have to be black or white, it doesn't have to suit your sense of morals or your tastes at all, is just telling certain event, whatever the characters feel is not for us to decide and if they end up together is not the author saying "Yeah I support rape" she/he just wanted to tell a story.

Rape is bad? Of course, I think I speak for everyone here when I say that.
Rape is bad therefore there shouldn't be any stories portraying such action? Well, no.

Seriously, I think if any of the people complaining had to make the chapter 3 it would be "Hello, police? yeah I want to report something ... [The End]"

PS: If you want to know the ending just look for the raws somewhere else and keep it to yourself geez

last edited at May 23, 2018 11:07AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.