Forum › The Rain and the Other Side of You discussion

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

So far I'm liking the teacher, but the girl strikes me as uncomfortably manipulative. Sure it avoids the usual imbalance of StudentTeacher, but it seems to be going too far in the other direction. I'm just getting some really skeevy vibes from Madarame; hopefully some other girl can come along and sweep teacher off her feet instead.

EDIT: Chapter 8 just makes it even worse. Holy crap, the bad touch is intensifying.

last edited at May 11, 2018 8:50AM

joined Dec 13, 2013

idk you guys but i wouldn’t want a kid kissing me without consent (especially if you put the fact that if someone saw it, the blame would fall on the teacher and im p sure madarame would be just silent abt it)...... or anyone really. Madarame needs a lot of character development in this department.

Blye_Flamsteed
Evavatar
joined May 8, 2018

That teacher will soon be arrested by the lolice

SomethingOrOther
joined May 15, 2018

I'm getting shitty vibes from this. If it turns out she was fucked by the cousin, I am dropping this faster than Disney drops content creators. Her saying "Did he take your virginity" definitely does not help the chances of her not being sexually abused by her cousin, as I doubt one would say it like that unless they no longer are virgins themselves. The only thing worse than Het is Het-rape. Miss me with that shit. I don't get why rape drama even exists in manga. I mean, if you are going to introduce rape to your manga, at least do it from the beginning. There is nothing worse than getting emotionally invested into a manga, to then get completely stabbed in the kokoro. This is What Does The Fox Say all over again, where over 60 chapters in, they turn the manhwa into complete and utter shit with the whole cheating aspect. Thots are everywhere these days.

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

Well, I'd like to wish good luck to any brave souls continuing on this journey. As for me... this is where I get off.

SomethingOrOther
joined May 15, 2018

Well, I'd like to wish good luck to any brave souls continuing on this journey. As for me... this is where I get off.

Wait one more chapter fellow friend. That is where all the issues will be brought to light and we can drop it together if needed

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

Wait one more chapter fellow friend. That is where all the issues will be brought to light and we can drop it together if needed

See, the thing is, people are talking about not wanting rape/sexual abuse being introduced as a plot device, but I would have wanted it much sooner. This manga already shredded any sympathy I would have had for the girl, and I actually don't care what happens to her past this point. I've simply lost any investment I had in this, and I'm not falling for the sunk cost fallacy.

SomethingOrOther
joined May 15, 2018

See, the thing is, people are talking about not wanting rape/sexual abuse being introduced as a plot device, but I would have wanted it much sooner. This manga already shredded any sympathy I would have had for the girl, and I actually don't care what happens to her past this point. I've simply lost any investment I had in this, and I'm not falling for the sunk cost fallacy.

What did you do to become so woke?

last edited at May 21, 2018 6:20PM

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

I really like the teacher but I don't like this student girl, she is boring as hell. Man, I really dislike this girl xD oh well...

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

I read a lot of stories that I didn't like to the end thinking I might change my mind. And in the end, I felt just as dissatisfied as I did while reading them.
I'm not going to say the story is terrible, or that the characters are universally unlikable, or anything subjective like that, but I will say that this chapter convinced me that I don't want to read any further.

Kuroneko1900
Fb_img_1505910576160
joined Jan 8, 2016

"The 13-year-old highschooler who knew everything about life" they should rename this manga like that bases on this CH.

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

"The 13-year-old highschooler who knew everything about life" they should rename this manga like that bases on this CH.

I agree with you lol.

Sayako
joined Mar 1, 2013

Now now now, you should watch that cute little mouth

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

I agree with you lol.

she's just a weak loser kid that being molested by her cousin,
overwhelmed by helplessness n then she saw a weaker person (sensei), that's why she's grown attached to sensei.

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

"you're so stupid, u don't know anthn"

umm, Im not edward cullen u know so I can't read ur mind, I won't understand a thing if u didn't tell me anthn

dang it, this kid is starting to get on my nerves

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Honestly, the teacher is kinda stupid. This is all a pretty obvious cry for help.

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Honestly, the teacher is kinda stupid. This is all a pretty obvious cry for help.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

"The 13-year-old highschooler who knew everything about life"....

highschooler? that's awfully young to be in high school. i thought she's a middle schooler.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Is it weird that I'm okay with the teacher / middle school student hook up, because they're both girls, and they're writen by an actual women author, and not some perv guy writing out some hentai fantasy.

last edited at May 22, 2018 4:18AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So, who's the predator here?

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

and not some perv guy writing out some hentai fantasy.

Girls can't be perv? Isn't Mira a woman who does some of the best perverted hentai on this website ٩(♡ε♡)۶

If Mira isn't a woman, I know more private example and stuff.

For us, yes. For her, she does seem pretty confused and don't know how to deal with her own feelings (yet), how could she have a correct view of what's happening with the student? It doesn't make her stupid, maybe immature and at worst incompetent as an educational worker.

last edited at May 22, 2018 6:48AM

SomethingOrOther
joined May 15, 2018

I read a lot of stories that I didn't like to the end thinking I might change my mind. And in the end, I felt just as dissatisfied as I did while reading them.
I'm not going to say the story is terrible, or that the characters are universally unlikable, or anything subjective like that, but I will say that this chapter convinced me that I don't want to read any further.

You... I like you. Keeping subjectivity away from an argument is the most intelligent thing to do. You have my seal of "Intelligence/WokeAsFuck".

joined Jun 3, 2014

Am I the only one who actually likes this story

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Am I the only one who actually likes this story

Well, probably not; I at least respond less negatively and am more interested in seeing what happens than some others evidently are.

But there's no doubt that this comes off as a more toxic version of Dear My Teacher with a much more disturbing undertone to the younger character's actions and the teacher's responses to them.

So where DMT started off with the MCs both seeming a bit damaged or emotionally incomplete and eventually coming to a pretty healthy place together, this one feels like sooner or later the plot is going to turn over some rocks with some very nasty things underneath them.

But I'm a person who focuses on the question "What are the elements any given story is deploying, and how are they going to work themselves out?" For readers for whom the main question is "Do I like/respect/relate to/want to spend more time with these characters?" there's arguably not much to like and a good deal to dislike.

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Ouch, what's with the sudden insult. Does this girl have bipolar disorder or something, one moment she was all horny and flirty then the next just pushes the teacher away. Still pretty relatable though since I was somewhat a depressed and moody teenager once. Guess I will stick around to see some more "fanservice". Shall not miss the steamy scenes just because of the not so well-written plot.

last edited at May 22, 2018 11:26AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.