Forum › The Rain and the Other Side of You discussion

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

johnb posted:

Second Yukino's one night stand, with the creep in the cab (I know I'm not being fair to him), was less about questioning her sexuality, and more about her feeling lost and lonely. Yukino latched on to the first person who showed her kindness, just because Setsuka shut off her phone, to work, and wasn't available to comfort her.
If Yukino's affair wasn't ment to drive in the knife, the author sure went out of her way to do so. I mean, the exact moment Yukino was cheating on Setsuka, Setsuka was coming to the conclusion that she was totally in love with Yukino. Then Setsuka rushed over to Yukino's apartment, to tell her. Only to fall asleep waiting, so Setsuka could be there to witness Yukino's walk of shame. Then finally, Yukino pushes Setsuka away, out of guilt. If that's not driving home the knife, I don't know what is. The only way that scene could have been anymore heartbreaking for Setsuka, is if she would have walked in on Yukino and the guy doing it.

Wow you missed so much context in that scene. That is what happens when people got blinded the second het appears in yuri story and they are unable to see it as anything more than the worse thing ever, because of their inner rage. You called him creep and said you are unfair to him, that already shows how you treat all male characters equally, as something that shouldn't be there, just because it interfered with yuri in any way. Especially since he was actually being really nice to Yukino and he never forced her to anything. Yukino was feeling lost and lonely, but that was because she wasn't sure about her sexuality and how much Setsuko really loved her. The entire part of that manga is kinda all about it. You are entirely blaming Yukino, but it was equally Setsuko fault, if not even more. Yukino was never before attracted to a woman and she was new to idea of girls loving each other so she was totally lost and confused. Then Setsuko, the person she is supposedly going out with, told her she can try doing it with a guy if she want. Setsuko assumed Yukino will simply reject the idea, saying she loves her so of course she won't do it or something. And that is where she fucked up. Because instead, it confused Yukino a freaking lot, because she didn't expected to be told that and wasn't sure how to take it. Does that mean Setsuko doesn't love her, does she think their relationship is not that serious? So she end up not saying anything and the conversation cut. Setsuko simply forgot about it, since she wasn't serious, but she didn't realize Yukino was thinking about it entire time. And Setsuko didn't help either with how often she seemed to act distant and not care that much about their relationship. Never properly saying they are lovers etc. She wasn't aware of it, but she wasn't really showing Yukino she is serious about it. Yukino is flawed and weak character. She has low self-esteem and a lot of complexes. So put in this situation, her confidence how much their relationship was real kept growing. Getting all depressed over it she felt uneasy and when in the moment she needed it the most she couldn't reach Setsuko, she was feeling so bad, she decided to do what Setsuko told her in a spur of the moment, in order to clear her feelings. Sure, she should simply talk about her issues with Setsuko. She was told to do it, but still she probably should ask Setsuko before doing it (I'm not blaming her for not doing it though, if someone told me it is ok to do something, I wouldn't feel need to confirm it every single time). It probably would clarify Setsuko didn't really mean it and wasn't ok with it. But again that is Setsuko fault. She wasn't ok with it, yet once Yukino gave her no relpy, she never clarified. I'm fine with it, because it fit Yukino's character. She was confused and lost and wasn't sure whatever Setsuko was just playing with her temporary or not. It was important moment for both of them, but especially Setsuko learned the hard way how little affection and confirmation she was showing Yukino, to get her that insecure about their relationship.

That scene is the perfect example how things actually look in real life. People are not perfect. They make stupid mistakes, but they need to learn from them and improve. From the beginning Octave wasn't meant to be your typical fluffy and happy romance. It is more down to earth and realistic, willing to do bad things to characters, but I don't think that is a bad thing, since it fit characters and tone of the story.

I knew Yukino had a morbid curiosity, about hetersexuality, I knew that at some point, in the story she would probably experiment with it. I don't think that's what happened though. I think Yukino was hurt seeing her friend becoming a successful idol. She tried to call Setsuka, to cry on her shoulder. When she couldn't reach Setsuka, she threw herself at the first person, to show her kindness, for comfort. Afterwords, Yukino tried using Setsuka's words about trying sex with a man, to justify what she did. If Yukino truly believed that Setsuka gave her permission to try sex with a man, then why was Yukino racked with guilt about what she did for the rest of story?
It's actually kind of amazing that you actually blamed Setsuka, for that. I honestly thought that Setsuka was a saint for not kicking Yukino to the curb for that stunt.

Again, for the record, I don't really blame the guy.at all. Yukino was the aggressor all the the way. Ironically, I don't think I would have taken that so personally, on Setsuka's behalf, if the guy was the one pushing it.

last edited at May 25, 2018 3:08PM

Sayako
joined Mar 1, 2013

Love it when people takes things way too seriously..

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Enough, SomethingOrOther. If you can't be mature enough to discuss things, can't stay on topic with regard to the series being discussed, and can't even be bothered to get your facts straight about the other series you're trying to make a point about, you can stop posting in this discussion.

I will delete any further posts from you here, and those of anyone replying to you. Continued posting will result in bans of increasing length.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

While we're at it, this isn't the Octave discussion. If you want to discuss Octave, go there instead, this isn't the place for it.

And please, try to do the minimum and actually read it before you do.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nezchan posted:

While we're at it, this isn't the Octave discussion. If you want to discuss Octave, go there instead, this isn't the place for it.

And please, try to do the minimum and actually read it before you do.

I wasn't really going to continue discussing it anymore, since I said all I wanted to say, but instead of just deleting my post, you could simply tell me to post it in Octave thread instead. Thanks for making me waste my time.

joined Sep 1, 2017

Enough, SomethingOrOther. If you can't be mature enough to discuss things, can't stay on topic with regard to the series being discussed, and can't even be bothered to get your facts straight about the other series you're trying to make a point about, you can stop posting in this discussion.

I will delete any further posts from you here, and those of anyone replying to you. Continued posting will result in bans of increasing length.

Sorry. It was my bad. I brought Octave up, and I didn't let it go when I saw it getting out of hand. SomethingOrOther shouldn't have all the blame.

joined Sep 1, 2017

Can we all just go back to agreeing that this middle schooler is a meanie pants?

Yep. a meanie pants, with a matching crazy shirt.

last edited at May 25, 2018 6:37PM

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

Can we all just go back to agreeing that this middle schooler is a meanie pants?

I wouldn't call her crazy. It's understandable that a child would get messed up by abuse of any kind. My problem is that she's then emulating that abuse, and I don't want to be expected to root for a character who does that.

joined Sep 1, 2017

I wouldn't call her crazy. It's understandable that a child would get messed up by abuse of any kind. My problem is that she's then emulating that abuse, and I don't want to be expected to root for a character who does that.

Unfortunately, that's a common problem, it's called the cycle of abuse. I learned about during my years of training. ( and by years of training, I mean I followed Law & Order SVU.)

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Way to go, sensei! :D

Tumblr_mzkufvpuyp1sgerido1_500
joined Oct 25, 2014

Finally sensei stood up like an adult. Crap tho, I was hoping the cousin was only an sketchy looking guy but nope.

Images
joined Dec 7, 2014

I was hoping for a kick between the legs, but I guess just saving her is fine too. XD

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Well now it's official official, the cousin's an absolute piece of shit and deserves to rot. Go sensei, go!

AnAsianBrony
Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Well, looks like everyone's first judgement of the cousin was correct. Looks like we need another "Happy End For You" moment, huh?

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Bisexuals cheat more cuz theres more ppl to cheat with? That is the dumbest thing I've heard
I guess every bi person doesn't have morals huh.

Pool of available extra partners is quite small (~10% more). Sure, you'll see a lot of enticing bodies all over the place. But you're not gonna have much luck with random strangers who actually mostly don't dig same sex like that.

Also, quite a few homosexuals won't actually have affairs with bisexuals and neither will heterosexuals. That's why quite a few bi people tend to stay in closet even when its technically safe to be out. It's entirely possible that by saying you're a bi openly your dating pool becomes overall smaller than if you let people just believe you're a hetero. Negative consequences of that are psychological and are well reflected in suicide statistics and such.

As for the situation in this series, Madarame seems to be in big trouble. That cousin seems pretty creepy. I wonder if he's abusing her because she's a bi or a lesbian and he found it out somehow? "Corrective abuse" perhaps?

last edited at Jun 3, 2018 7:48PM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Student sitting alone in rain, teacher taking the kid from abusive family. Reminded me Hoshikawa Ginza District 4 for a moment

last edited at Jun 3, 2018 7:59PM

Blushav2
joined Aug 11, 2015

As for the situation in this series, Madarame seems to be in big trouble. That cousin seems pretty creepy. I wonder if he's abusing her because she's a bi or a lesbian and he found it out somehow? "Corrective abuse" perhaps?

Or he's just abusing her because she's a young girl left in his care and there's nobody around to stop him until now.... Why would you immediately jump to "corrective abuse"?

joined Aug 28, 2016

"Your role ends here. I'll be teaching her everything myself."

Now, if that isn't a line with a whole lot of different meanings in context...

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Now I want to re-read Hoshikawa Ginza District 4

Img_20180401_104003
joined Nov 26, 2017

what the heck. why did u two discuss octave in this thread? lol xD

690ea2d43c833a395aa79e98116d8d2f
joined Apr 15, 2018

So Aki is abused ;-;

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo
joined Apr 24, 2014

Damn

__kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn_by_uguisu_mochi_ykss35__6c703c362e7ad06d13079154bccd4fae
joined Jul 11, 2017

OoooOo Yukino-senSEI, Momono Moto-senSEI! Things are getting pretty spicy

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

This ch. was underwhelming.

Capture1%20edited1
joined Jul 10, 2016

Saw this coming from a mile away. Now take her away and shoot the guy FFS.

To reply you must either login or sign up.