Forum › Eden no Otome discussion

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

i cant place it but this feel wrong... almost creepy to me.

I agree. There's something a little off about the characters in a slightly threatening way. Not just the president, but Sayuri too. It feels like the MC is being inducted into a cult or something.

Besides that, I'm getting a sense that if our hapless protagonist takes a single misstep one or more of these girls will be running a knife against her throat. Seriously, every character besides the MC just intimidates me in the worst way possible.

Yeah... When she meets Sayuri in the garden again, it almost seems like she's been brainwashed a little.

what I find the worst is what seem to be bags randomly under her eyes not to mention that cutoff

last edited at May 3, 2018 12:53AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

First a Hard Subtext manga and now a #nomen manga ... Hachimitsu scans has been invaded o.o)

joined Feb 23, 2013

When does the trap come in?

joined Jul 18, 2013

I see a lot of potential in this. Can't wait for the next update. A world without men +10 from me lol!
I'm also sensing some strange vibes from everyone but MC... Hopefully it's nothing

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

sometime after most of the girls are killed by mushrooms, slowly and painfully, and before they go on a dick quest. Oh, wrong manga.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

...I do not trust the acting president. At all.
Also i wonder how much the all men are dead and women/women couples can go all whiptail on each other is going to be plot important or just an explanation on why no one cares about lesbian couples/ no men are involved with the plot.

I doubt the lack of men is actually going to be a plot point, it's just an easy way of making everyone a lesbian without having any social stigma attached to it, I honestly think that this background is a bit pointless

Man we are getting through some clichés to start with! I would probably enjoy this more if it did go down the creepy route, as it needs something to spice it up, otherwise it's gonna be generic dumb 6 alarm clock no breakfast protagonist being oblivious to the fact that she's falling for the cool popular beauty, yaaawn.

Already can see the drama for a mile away, dumb protags friend is gonna fall dumb protag, cool acting president friend who hates protag is obviously in love with acting prez, but I'm sure our protagonist will be oblivious to it all

I want the acting president to turn out to be a big creeper and then eventually dumb protag gets with her friend she sits with in class, that would be fuuun

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Marion Diabolito posted:

sometime after most of the girls are killed by mushrooms, slowly and painfully, and before they go on a dick quest. Oh, wrong manga.

There's Parallel Paradise too (ugh..).

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Also, I personally prefer yuri as a choice, not yuri as imposed by nature. It removes the subversive nature of the relationship, which is an easy way out of the social problem.

There's sure a lot of wind and fluttering hair in this manga.

And the scientific BS in this manga makes me cringe.

last edited at May 3, 2018 2:39AM

joined Oct 15, 2014

I really wish for a harem route. Because it's super rare to see yuri goes with harem without ecchi (or worse - het)

Totally agree

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

IMO, it's going the Maria sama/Strawberry panic route.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Cliches are cliches because they work. I'll reserve judgement for the end. Looks kinda promising so far.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I may be playing too much far cry 5 because I instantly thought of the cult and edens gate. Something does seem creepy about this? Dont trust those bliss flowers girl ._.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Also, I personally prefer yuri as a choice, not yuri as imposed by nature. It removes the subversive nature of the relationship, which is an easy way out of the social problem.

Not sure I see the inherent merits of "subversive nature", it bugs me more that these kinds of settings generally have the whiff of a lazy cop-out about them.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Yeah, totally with the cliché-fest crowd. Not that I mind much, but couldn't, if this is supposedly scifi, the manga at least add a little of that? Like in the classrooms ... some technology maybe?

Otherwise, no clue what to make of it.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Two questions (rhetorical ones):
1. Did this manga kill off all men on the planet just to have a story about secret garden of maidens in a girls-only highschool?
2. Is it just how mangaka draws eyes, or it's 3 yanderes out of 4 girls introduced so far?

Oneeigh-chan
joined Feb 1, 2018

Agreed about the creepiness. I'm trying to be optimistic but with how naive the MC seems to be I think lots of the girls will try and take advantage of her.

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

Somehow this manga brings some of Strawberry Panic aura.

I was about to say the same lmfao

it triggered me so much, this is bad... my PTSD... uurghh

joined Jun 27, 2017

Distant future
Only women
High school
New girl
President
Pledging eternal love under a tree
This checklist of clichés is KILLING me. Don't get me wrong, I'm gonna read it. I have to for the sake of yuri. but this artist is a hack for sure

yeah kinda feel the same way. speaking of which, what manga had the same premise but the girls were seperated by "adams" and "eves"?

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/love_dna_xx

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

I may be playing too much far cry 5 because I instantly thought of the cult and edens gate. Something does seem creepy about this? Dont trust those bliss flowers girl ._.

Or the Goat cult from Far Cry 4 haha

joined Dec 4, 2016

IMO, it's going the Maria sama/Strawberry panic route.

Except that no one end up marry a man lol.

last edited at May 3, 2018 10:25AM

joined Feb 18, 2015

I cannot tell if this author wants a dark story or a happy story.

I'd say dark...

i cant place it but this feel wrong... almost creepy to me.

I agree. There's something a little off about the characters in a slightly threatening way. Not just the president, but Sayuri too. It feels like the MC is being inducted into a cult or something.

Besides that, I'm getting a sense that if our hapless protagonist takes a single misstep one or more of these girls will be running a knife against her throat. Seriously, every character besides the MC just intimidates me in the worst way possible.

Yeah... When she meets Sayuri in the garden again, it almost seems like she's been brainwashed a little.

Well, in the description of the series, it does state "she soon learns that paradise is not without its thorns" so... I'd say it's bound to be dark and creepy...

How do they keep the species going? Send out to Saki for science babies?

Science babies, obviously... The concept isn't actually that far fetched with modern technology. It would essentially be a form of cloning combined with mixing the genetic material from the two women's eggs instead of cloning a single person. There is already at least one doctor who offers a service to combine the genetic material of two eggs, though not in the same way. He is doing it for older women to increase the chances of successful in vitro fertilization.
"His procedure, known as spindle nuclear transfer, involves removing the nucleus, which contains the majority of maternal DNA, from one woman’s eggs and injecting it into the egg of a younger donor." (Link: http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/dr-john-zhang) The concept is to combine the genetic material of the older woman and the mitochondrial DNA of the younger woman, since evidence suggests that the "energy output" of the mitochondria decreases with age and might be responsible for the increased difficulty in successful pregnancies. The first use of the procedure done after the mother had lost two children due to "a lethal, progressive neurological disorder caused by a mutation in her mitochondrial DNA". The woman was a carrier of the disease. Though the egg collection and genetic transfer were done in American facilities, the actual implantation of the embryo had to be done outside of the country to circumvent US laws that effectively ban the procedure. Technically, the child has three parents.

It's only a couple of steps further from that to mixing the DNA in the nucleus instead of taking one nucleus and putting it in as is, then using cloning technology to create the embryo instead of standard fertilization with sperm... Of course, this is illegal according to US laws and, from what I understand, most other countries as well, regardless of whether it would be an advancement in science. It would also open the door to the potential for "designer babies" and such, which people seem to fear. That has been mentioned as a problem with this procedure already.

last edited at May 3, 2018 11:25AM

joined Mar 15, 2017

They've used science to modify themselves so that they can impregnate each other through tribbing. Meaning they can produce some form of male gamete, so are technically hermaphrodites.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Not really sure why all this B-movie science fiction handwaving was felt to be necessary for the setting tbh. Seems pretty gratuitous and redundant so far.

Senpai
joined Dec 12, 2017

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/eden_no_otome_ch02#8
I actually can see myself as a yuri terrorist.

To reply you must either login or sign up.