Forum › Summer Fuse discussion

joined Aug 22, 2016

when I read those "bruh stop going after girlz" lines my reaction was "stop being such a shitty person to the gay girl, creepy bastard!" then the older girl went and "yo hands off ma gerl dud" and me be like "oh, that works too! Way to go, older lady!"

ikr, it was too much even for a joke. I was like, the Heck dude! mind ur own business

when I read those "bruh stop going after girlz" lines my reaction was "stop being such a shitty person to the gay girl, creepy bastard!" then the older girl went and "yo hands off ma gerl dud" and me be like "oh, that works too! Way to go, older lady!"

i'm so descriptive

Oh come on, guys like that are the real best friend. They will insult you (and your ancestors) when ever they have a chance, but in the hard time, they are the one who support you the most.
In this case, the guy was just an air head and teases the black hair girl. Like my friends teasing each other "Bro you will never get a wife, become a gay already"

No, there is a big difference between having a "brutally" honest friend and knowing someone who is insensitive and disrespectful. Teasing is one thing, but his attitude and hands-on approach was controlling and forceful -- that's no friend and the story calls out his wrongful behavior. The girl's male "friend" may have good intentions, but he basically tells her to change her interests, of which he doesn't take seriously, and just date men as otherwise she won't find her own happiness.

As for your friend's comment, he's marginalizing homosexuality as if it is some consolation prize. I understand your argument and offcolor comments between friends can certainly be just a quirk in the friendship. However, most people really don't like jerks. I don't and have always found guys like that obnoxious. I especially dislike guys who feel they have some right to just touch you whenever they want to.

last edited at Apr 27, 2018 4:08AM

joined Sep 11, 2014

My point is guys loves teasing his friends, no matter they're male or female (Oh and especially when they know you failed to approach a girl, you're done for with them).
To outsiders, that can be seen as heavily offends, but to the "offended" person it's just casual joke.
As you can see, the guy in this manga just an idiot type of friend, he couldn't even read the mood and the other girl had to drag him out.
Hell, this is the first time I justify for a guy in yuri

i agree, he's super dumb and he probably didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. But i think allllll lesbians, including the one in this manga, would be upset if a goofy straight friend offhandedly said she should just give up on being herself and love men like "regular," women should. That's why the cashier was so quick to react. In this situation, I'd explain why that comment he made wasn't cool, but I'd still be his friend afterwards; because like you said, he seems to have good intentions.

Basically homosexuals get enough pain from being told to just be straight or else they're going to hell, so any additional comments made like that from friends are hard to take as a joke.

last edited at Apr 27, 2018 4:19AM

joined Feb 28, 2018

Oh boy, I do love when some pushy douche guy gets wrecked by the power of yuri. Glorious~

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

keep your hand off my girl ,
or I'll cut your hand n beat you to death by it

You forgot the tape it to a stick part.
Beating people to death with [x] on a stick is much faster.

that's The Point.

the beating would not satisfy me in the slightest if they died so fast,
it would be mundane~

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

My point is guys loves teasing his friends, no matter they're male or female (Oh and especially when they know you failed to approach a girl, you're done for with them).
To outsiders, that can be seen as heavily offends, but to the "offended" person it's just casual joke.
As you can see, the guy in this manga just an idiot type of friend, he couldn't even read the mood and the other girl had to drag him out.
Hell, this is the first time I justify for a guy in yuri

i agree, he's super dumb and he probably didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. But i think allllll lesbians, including the one in this manga, would be upset if a goofy straight friend offhandedly said she should just give up on being herself and love men like "regular," women should. That's why the cashier was so quick to react. In this situation, I'd explain why that comment he made wasn't cool, but I'd still be his friend afterwards; because like you said, he seems to have good intentions.

Basically homosexuals get enough pain from being told to just be straight or else they're going to hell, so any additional comments made like that from friends are hard to take as a joke.

don't worry there's still another hand,
I'll give it to you.
let's beat him to death together ˚D˚

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I like this story, but the bit at the end seriously detracts from my enjoyment. The first time she asks the clerk, I can sorta understand her friends' reaction even if it seems ill thought out and inconsiderate (personally, if a friend of mine randomly tried to ask a store clerk out without warning me, I'd probably go outside to wait for them instead of freaking out on the spot).

But then at the festival, when it seems like she's being rejected, the guy telling her like, "Hey, forget about that bitch, there are plenty of people who'd be happy to date you" maybe would be excusable as awkwardly trying to comfort her, but saying "Hey forget about women, there are plenty of men you can date" just seems like rubbing salt in the wound. But the store clerk's reaction is even weirder! Jumping in at that point and saying "get yer hands off her you rat bastard" is pretty fucking odd in this situation. Maybe if she said, "hey man, stop being an asshole to your friend here" it'd make sense, but instead she's yelling at him for touching his friend and acting possessive over a girl she's barely even spoken to. That's just creepy, and it's weird that it's played off as her being cool.

Actually, the more I think about it the more annoyed I get. She's being just as judgmental of the girls' relationship with her friend as the guy is of the girl's attraction to the store clerk. I think, "How do you know what their friendship is like? Why do you think it's inappropriate for friends to touch each other like that? How is that any of your business?"

Clearly the guy is the asshole in this situation, but her response is just strange.

last edited at Apr 27, 2018 5:35AM

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

Cute....

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

So I actually liked both friends tbh! I don't often see both male and female friends/side characters in Yuri stuff.

I thought the dude was just saying stuff like that because he believed the interest is not mutual and it's bothering the older girl. It's just that he was a tad slower to read the atmosphere and had to be dragged out by the other girl friend. He worked well as a plot device too. lol

Anyway, a cute story!! <3

last edited at Apr 27, 2018 9:47AM

joined Feb 1, 2018

A lot of Oneshots like these feel more like the first chapter to a full length series rather then a short self-contained story. Y'know, like a pilot episode of some sort.

From what I understand, a lot of them are that way. If they are well received then they will become serialized, if not it won't have to worry about getting axed.

There are a number of series I have seen that start with a zeroth chapter, from where they began as oneshots (Though the base concept often gets changed once serialized.)

A good example is Kase-san. In fact, that origin as a oneshot is why it has the silly chapter naming; the artist just decided to keep calling the subsequent installments "Kase-san and X" and it went from there.

Ooh I never knew this, thanks for sharing! I always thought the "Kase-san and X" stood out, I think it fits though.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

So I actually liked both friends tbh! I don't often see both male and female friends/side characters in Yuri stuff.

I thought the dude was just saying stuff like that because he believed the interest is not mutual and it's bothering the older girl. It's just that he was a tad slower to read the atmosphere and had to be dragged out by the other girl friend. He worked well as a plot device too. lol

Anyway, a cute story!! <3

I think so too. He was an airhead. And despite pushing the girl somehow, her friends were always there with her backing her up. That's how she even got the courage to confess and stick around the older woman.
If the guy was to be a total douche he would have said something like: "You should just date me." or something. I genuinely believe he wanted to be supportive, he was just insensitive. But that other friend already took care of that.

And kudos to the girl, who seemed quite shy and still asked the woman out. That's some awesome courage, go girl!

last edited at Apr 27, 2018 12:45PM

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Oh come on, guys like that are the real best friend. They will insult you (and your ancestors) when ever they have a chance, but in the hard time, they are the one who support you the most.
In this case, the guy was just an air head and teases the black hair girl. Like my friends teasing each other "Bro you will never get a wife, become a gay already"

that doesn't really work when the person is really gay and most likely is questioning their own identity though. That will only cause anxiety and confusion about themselves. Straight people don't have even have to go through the whole questioning their sexuality and then feeling of shame and guilt and all that crap because straight is the "default". So please, if you have a gay friend, ask them first if they are okay with jokes like that.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

Momono is hands down one of the best

joined Jan 12, 2018

The plot device kun also the one who grab Megu by shirt at the second page and pull her back.
Maybe he is really an airhead. But on the page 10 I'm sure he noticed that Tsuchiya-san watches them off. Maybe it's not the case here and far-fetched but if you have Rich Imagination you can suspect that he intentionally playing on her nerves and making her jealous. If it's one-sided nothing changes. But if not he can help those two to be together even by playing a villain. Ichikabachika. Questionable trick but everything works for the plot I guess.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

ikr, it was too much even for a joke. I was like, the Heck dude! mind ur own business

i'm so descriptive

No, there is a big difference between having a "brutally" honest friend and knowing someone who is insensitive and disrespectful. Teasing is one thing, but his attitude and hands-on approach was controlling and forceful -- that's no friend and the story calls out his wrongful behavior. The girl's male "friend" may have good intentions, but he basically tells her to change her interests, of which he doesn't take seriously, and just date men as otherwise she won't find her own happiness.

As for your friend's comment, he's marginalizing homosexuality as if it is some consolation prize. I understand your argument and offcolor comments between friends can certainly be just a quirk in the friendship. However, most people really don't like jerks. I don't and have always found guys like that obnoxious. I especially dislike guys who feel they have some right to just touch you whenever they want to.

Look, how people interact with their friends is a personal thing. What I say and do with one of my friends, I would never do with another. You got to know your audience. Maybe that girl and that boy had that kind of friendship. She never seemed bothered by it.
As for the slightly anti-gay attitude, the boy has. I'm handicapped and I need a wheelchair My friend make jokes all the time about it. I don't care, because I know they're joking, and they don't mean anything by it. I also know that if I need help they would be there for me. So passing judgement on the boy without knowing what kind of friend he truly is, isn't fair.

last edited at Apr 27, 2018 3:21PM

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

personally i don't think there's really enough story to show what their relationship is like to determine if how he was acting was douchy or not. the only things to go on are how they author decided to make the clerk react to it. And you also have to think about the fact that this is japanese, who are notorious for shyness of public display of affection, mainly between boys and girls. then there's also so far of what we know the girl's personality to be like. She honestly doesn't seem like, from what we saw, the type of person for friends to make those kinds of jokes with. and tbh it didn't really sound like he was joking anyways. It sounded like this was not the first time this has happened and he thought he was giving her advice. How touchy feely he was seemed a bit odd to me, but then again all his reactions didn't seem like it was done out of a romantic interest either. so it's just back down to not really enough information to judge. i just like the fact that both friends apparently know she's into girls, and are still her friend anyways.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

personally i don't think there's really enough story to show what their relationship is like to determine if how he was acting was douchy or not. the only things to go on are how they author decided to make the clerk react to it. And you also have to think about the fact that this is japanese, who are notorious for shyness of public display of affection, mainly between boys and girls. then there's also so far of what we know the girl's personality to be like. She honestly doesn't seem like, from what we saw, the type of person for friends to make those kinds of jokes with. and tbh it didn't really sound like he was joking anyways. It sounded like this was not the first time this has happened and he thought he was giving her advice. How touchy feely he was seemed a bit odd to me, but then again all his reactions didn't seem like it was done out of a romantic interest either. so it's just back down to not really enough information to judge. i just like the fact that both friends apparently know she's into girls, and are still her friend anyways.

That seems like a fair assessment.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Melon posted:

I genuinely believe he wanted to be supportive, he was just insensitive.

Most guys are kinda like that anyways so it's not too terribly surprising. The majority of guys I've known throughout my life have the emotional awareness of a brick.

joined Feb 2, 2016

Hope there second part is good feeling reading

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

i'm so descriptive

That or he has feelings for her and wants her to go out with him. Though tbh that just sounds like unnecessary drama in a story so short so I'm already throwing away my hypothesis.

joined Apr 12, 2014

THat was cute AF

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

keep your hand off my girl ,
or I'll cut your hand n beat you to death by it

Hahahahahahahahaha...
inhales
Ahahahahahahahaha...

And yes this is a very cute story. I love it.
Something like this is more than enough to keep myself going a bit further with all the pressure...

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

Aaaah age gaps ~
Love me a good age gap yuri :3

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I'd read it as the guy was interested in her/wasn't against the idea. But I can also see how he could just be a good-intentioned, slightly ignorant friend, not that those have to be mutually-exclusive. It actually doesn't change much; either way Tsuchiya comes off as extremely controlling. The manga's saving grace is that they start off with learning about each other, I was definitely worried the "your yukata... it's cute" line was going to be followed by a kiss. That and Megu has a 'demand' too of wanting Tsuchiya to tell her stuff.

joined Jul 23, 2017

A short cute story love it

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

A lot of Oneshots like these feel more like the first chapter to a full length series rather then a short self-contained story. Y'know, like a pilot episode of some sort.

From what I understand, a lot of them are that way. If they are well received then they will become serialized, if not it won't have to worry about getting axed.

There are a number of series I have seen that start with a zeroth chapter, from where they began as oneshots (Though the base concept often gets changed once serialized.)

As example: Bright and Cheery Amnesia!

To reply you must either login or sign up.