Forum › Swap ⇔ Swap discussion

Kaede
joined Nov 20, 2016

I mean, ultimately, it's a story about Natsuko dealing with her feelings. Haruko would almost certainly go out with Natsuko if she asked, but the question hasn't even come up. As soon as she accepts those feelings and asks Haruko out, the "will they or won't they" is pretty much over.

last edited at Apr 4, 2018 9:06AM

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

I'm pretty sure Haruko would go out with any of her friends if they asked her out. She's not exactly faithful with the groping.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I'm pretty sure Haruko would go out with any of her friends if they asked her out. She's not exactly faithful with the groping.

She will always look at other girls, and enjoy being hugged by them, but I think beyond that she not only prefers Natsuko but will be faithful to her.

This particular chapter did not do haruko any favors though. In terms of winning natsuko's heart.

last edited at Apr 4, 2018 1:54PM

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

ok
This is the one panel that kept me going for so long... T.T

joined May 23, 2015

I am trying very hard to stay out of this discussion, but some of you are making me really want to say something...

joined Jun 12, 2015

Well thanks, now I want to see what you want to say

Kaede
joined Nov 20, 2016

Haruko carries the play just like she carries this manga.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I'm going to be a tree.

This isn't kindergarten. W e don't cast trees, anymore.

last edited at Apr 8, 2018 3:05AM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

ok
This is the one panel that kept me going for so long... T.T

Wait, which chapter did that panel come from?

joined Aug 28, 2016

At this point, I'm ready to say that Haruko and Natsuko are already a couple and they just haven't realized it yet.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Something has been bothering me, about this manga, for a while. I just couldn't figure out what it was. Then it dawned on me. They're killing the romantic meaning, of the kiss. seriously how are they going to end the series. They can't end it with a big dramatic kiss, between the loving couple. I mean, how can they distinguish, that one kiss, as different, or special, from all of the other kisses, they have given, throughout the entire series. I think they've painted themselves into a corner on that one.

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

I am trying very hard to stay out of this discussion, but some of you are making me really want to say something...

Ooh do you have knowledge on upcoming raws or something of the sort?

I wish I knew the endgame of this series already. Don't get me wrong., it's fun and entertaining, but due to the nature of their interactions (the kiss part duh) it's hard to just drop my "I hope this goes full yuri" googles and enjoy it just for the antics, like I did with stuff like YuruYuri and Gochuumon ,where yuri is definitely not the end game and I'm still reading because I enjoy their jokes and gags. I genuinely want the author to be serious for a bit and let the 2 mains hook up.

Sidenote; I bought this series' 1st volume like 2(?) years ago but decided to stop because it seemed like it's going nowhere. And that is sad. I wanted to support more yuri works.

joined Aug 28, 2016

Something has been bothering me, about this manga, for a while. I just couldn't figure out what it was. Then it dawned on me. They're killing the romantic meaning, of the kiss. seriously how are they going to end the series. They can't end it with a big dramatic kiss, between the loving couple. I mean, how can they distinguish, that one kiss, as different, or special, from all of the other kisses, they have given, throughout the entire series. I think they've painted themselves into a corner on that one.

Well, to some extent the manga itself has already addressed that. Natsuko's major conflict from the beginning has been that she feels weird about kissing somebody just for the sake of convenience. So if there ever is going to be a big dramatic conclusion, I think the change will be more of an internal one: a realization that the kissing has meant more to them than just swapping for a while. If the mangaka wanted to go that route, having Haruko and Natsuko lose the ability to swap and have to figure out what they are to each other now that they're not swap-buddies any more would be an obvious way to do it.

Or it could just stay a straightforward comedy manga and not have a big climactic resolution at all. That's pretty likely.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

^ I think it would be stronger writing if they didn't lose the ability to swap, but the first kiss that is intended as an actual lover's kiss by both of them, and whenever they would kiss as lovers later on, would not swap them.

Hedgehog
joined Feb 26, 2018

I think it would be stronger writing if they didn't lose the ability to swap, but the first kiss that is intended as an actual lover's kiss by both of them, and whenever they would kiss as lovers later on, would not swap them.

That doesn't make sense because the other swap couple are lovers already.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I think it would be stronger writing if they didn't lose the ability to swap, but the first kiss that is intended as an actual lover's kiss by both of them, and whenever they would kiss as lovers later on, would not swap them.

That doesn't make sense because the other swap couple are lovers already.

True, that... I guess I just don't want them to go back to being muggles just because they finally realize the truth about their relationship. ^^

last edited at Apr 8, 2018 10:43AM

joined May 23, 2015

The other two seem to have a completely different set of values about their relationship, so it's tough to say if they actually see each other as lovers. It could just be an extension of the relationship they've always had, and they have never actually thought about actually becoming lovers, despite already being essentially a married couple.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Akiho and Fuyumi? The vibe I got from them is that they transitioned from BFFs to de facto lovers long ago without any fuss or for that matter particularly thinking about it. If someone actually asked them about it they'd probably reflect on the matter for two seconds tops before concluding that why, yes, they indeed are. (Although Fuyumi might just bite you instead.)

They don't come across as themselves particularly feeling a need for any specific labels or definitions, though. "Natural state of affairs" kind of deal.

joined May 23, 2015

The fact that they're entirely unconcerned with labels and just do what they want without caring how others see it is one reason I think it's possible they might not actually agree to being defined as lovers. Maybe to them, what they have is something a bit different from what others might define a romantic relationship to be.

joined Jul 26, 2016

The mental image I have is they'd basically shrug and consider 'lovers' to be "close enough if you need to put a name on it"; I can't really picture the issue really mattering to them one way or another.

It's something they quite literally grew up with after all.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

So in the end, the final act of the play was Natsuko and Haruko making out repeatedly?

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

So in the end, the final act of the play was Natsuko and Haruko making out repeatedly?

Yes! Genius! I am amazed a high school girl thought of that simply for a culture festival play. She has a great future as a director once she graduates. Brilliant writing, impeccable acting, sheer entertainment - this will be the one all future Snow Whites will be compared to!

joined Jul 26, 2016

Ooooohhh, dere-mode Fuyumi. What a rare and adorable creature.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Ooooohhh, dere-mode Fuyumi. What a rare and adorable creature.

I would be as overwhelmed with the need to hug her as Natsuko clearly was.

IceCreamFortress
Utena%20smug
joined Sep 11, 2016

Hey guys, I have so much free time so I compiled an album of Haruko and Natsuko kissing, haha.
https://imgur.com/a/61GQY

Edit: I did one for pats and rubs too.
https://imgur.com/a/XcaNX

last edited at Apr 9, 2018 6:13AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.