Forum › Swap ⇔ Swap discussion

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I always wonder if the other characters can see the change in eye shape.

Well the other swappers said they could tell if someone was swapped because od their eyes, and one of them finds Harukos eyes to be creepy

IceCreamFortress
Utena%20smug
joined Sep 11, 2016

Friendship fluff!

Picture%20edit
joined Dec 13, 2016

can you give the source of when the writer addressed the yuri publicly ?

https://ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2016/01/26/animestyle-007-sound-euphonium-interview-director-tatsuya-ishihara-series-director-naoko-yamada-part-2/

It's not yuri, it's adolescence. /s

What is the source on that image? Tried doing a reverse image search but my detective skills are lacking

Ohdear
joined Jul 12, 2017

can you give the source of when the writer addressed the yuri publicly ?

https://ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2016/01/26/animestyle-007-sound-euphonium-interview-director-tatsuya-ishihara-series-director-naoko-yamada-part-2/

It's not yuri, it's adolescence. /s

snip

What is the source on that image? Tried doing a reverse image search but my detective skills are lacking

Looks like something by Asagi Ryuu.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Haruko reminds me of Kaos in Comic Girls.
"Normal girls don't praise God every time they see a girl changing!"
"Really? I didn't know!"

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

I've never watched Hibike! Euphonium, and I don't ever intend to do so (partially because I just hate anime), so here's an example I'm more familiar with. In Ken Akamatsu's manga Negima!, when the character Setsuna is introduced it's quickly established that she has feelings for one of the main female characters, Konoka. As the story goes on, their relationship gradually progresses. HOWEVER. Even while that's happening, both girls are still being pushed as "romantic options" for the protagonist. As soon as the two became a thing, I lost all investment I had between either one of them and the protagonist, which makes me wonder why they couldn't just be together without the protagonist's involvement.

To be fair, he did make them straight up get married at the end, and apparently have science babies in the sequel.

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

I've never watched Hibike! Euphonium, and I don't ever intend to do so (partially because I just hate anime), so here's an example I'm more familiar with. In Ken Akamatsu's manga Negima!, when the character Setsuna is introduced it's quickly established that she has feelings for one of the main female characters, Konoka. As the story goes on, their relationship gradually progresses. HOWEVER. Even while that's happening, both girls are still being pushed as "romantic options" for the protagonist. As soon as the two became a thing, I lost all investment I had between either one of them and the protagonist, which makes me wonder why they couldn't just be together without the protagonist's involvement.

To be fair, he did make them straight up get married at the end, and apparently have science babies in the sequel.

I, uh... don't think it worked out that way. I'm not up to date with U.Q. Holder, but from what I've read so far, "science babies" isn't a safe assumption to make.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Its a very common homophobic stereotype in Japan that teenagers will "practice" love with the same sex through some weird overly romantic friendship. They believe its just a phase some kids go through and that they will eventually grow up and fall in love with someone of the opposite gender. Its the basis of the Class S Yuri genre.

I don't see how that's homophobic, because it happens pretty often. If anything assuming that's the case is pretty realistic.
Doesn't mean it applies to everyone of course, but that doesn't mean theres no basis to it.

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

KingOfKings posted:

Looking For Room from (as scalio said) Asagi Ryuu.

joined Feb 21, 2018

I don't see how that's homophobic, because it happens pretty often. If anything assuming that's the case is pretty realistic.
Doesn't mean it applies to everyone of course, but that doesn't mean theres no basis to it.

Its homophobic because they think thats all homosexuality is. Its just a phase, not actually real. They think that adult homosexuals are just immature and just havent found the right person of the opposite sex.

And Im just going to go out on a limb and say it isnt common. If teenagers are "practicing love" with the same gender they are either gay or bi or pan or whatever. They ain't straight.

joined May 23, 2015

Playing around a bit at an all girl school while you're in high school, then after graduating never even having the slightest interest in anyone that isn't the opposite sex ever again definitively makes someone definitively not straight?

Does that mean that in the reverse case, if a girl dates a few guys before deciding she's a lesbian, she's definitively not gay?

Time%20to%20go%20home%20and%20shlick
joined Jan 18, 2016

This doesn't really work well as an argument. Since straight relationships are the norm or often even the only accepted form of relationship, a lot of people that are gay try "to be straight" because they think that's what they're supposed to be until they finally accept they're not, which doesn't often happen at a young age.
The other way around where someone tries to be gay at a young age and then realises they're not, does happen but just very very rarely.

Either way, it's pretty irrelevant whether this actually happens in reality or how often it happens or whatever, it's pretty obvious that plenty there do really think there's no one who's actually gay and it's just a phase or they're confused and other things along those lines.

last edited at Apr 27, 2018 1:41PM

joined Feb 21, 2018

Playing around a bit at an all girl school while you're in high school, then after graduating never even having the slightest interest in anyone that isn't the opposite sex ever again definitively makes someone definitively not straight?

Does this situation take place in a world where sexuality is just a choice? Maybe the gay conversion camps were right all along.

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

I, uh... don't think it worked out that way. I'm not up to date with U.Q. Holder, but from what I've read so far, "science babies" isn't a safe assumption to make.

I thought they had descendants that looked like literal clones of themselves, but I was already fed up with Negima by the end of it for non-yuri reasons so I didn't pick up UQ holder and this is just what I've heard, hence the "apparently." The marriage was a thing though, at the end of Negima.

last edited at Apr 28, 2018 12:36PM

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Yo, folks, we're diverging drastically from the topic of Swap Swap here.

DISCUSS THE LATEST CHAPTER! It's important! Haruko and Natsuko have been seperated! A teacher who has never met the two of them before somehow knows everything! Akiho is going to school! Everything we know has been turned upside down! :P

1916028_1073061359394379_8287547252845901979_n
joined May 1, 2017

jo jo jo that was unexpected

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Woah, woah, woah. HOW does she know? She's very cute though, I don't think I have any objections to this new teacher...

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

The Plot thickens...

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

the new teacher is such a troll, I love her! XD
once again, haruko it's so relatable to me.
every time I thought that I would be lonely, I always surprisingly feel just fine.

Kaede
joined Nov 20, 2016

Holy plot twist

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

DISCUSS THE LATEST CHAPTER! It's important! Haruko and Natsuko have been seperated! A teacher who has never met the two of them before somehow knows everything! Akiho is going to school! Everything we know has been turned upside down! :P

she's cuter, has bigger boobs, knows n able to swap as well (I hope^^)
I hope she snatches haruko away from natsuko, i think it's about time to Spice things up. lol

joined May 23, 2015

Does this situation take place in a world where sexuality is just a choice? Maybe the gay conversion camps were right all along.

The word "decide" has multiple definitions, you know. In this case, it was being used to mean "to come to the conclusion". If, for example, I say "I've decided that I don't like this series," it's not me making a decision to do so. It's me coming to a conclusion about it.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

she's cuter, has bigger boobs, knows n able to swap as well (I hope^^)
I hope she snatches haruko away from natsuko, i think it's about time to Spice things up. lol

There is no NTR allowed in my cute swapping yuri manga!

Picture%20edit
joined Dec 13, 2016

Looking For Room from (as scalio said) Asagi Ryuu.

Much obliged, buddy.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

THAT LAST PANEL, WHAT A PLOT TWIST. I NEED KNOW MORE.

To reply you must either login or sign up.