Forum › Touma-kun discussion

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Touma-kun breaking hearts but helping people discover themselves.

Would be nice if we eventually saw things from Touma's perspective too!

__kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn_by_uguisu_mochi_ykss35__6c703c362e7ad06d13079154bccd4fae
joined Jul 11, 2017

Been waiting a hot minute for this. Such a player, that Touma-kun

last edited at Mar 24, 2018 6:07PM

BellaLestrange
C8jj6l5uiaacadt_jpg__1llcu
joined Aug 13, 2017

Oh boy, this is a annual thing? I think it's very good and would be sad to wait a year for the chapters

joined Mar 15, 2017

Oh boy, this is a annual thing? I think it's very good and would be sad to wait a year for the chapters

Galette comes out 4 times a year. There's 4 chapters of Touma out so far.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Oh naisu, was hoping on this ending haha, glad those two got together and not Touma-kun :) thanks for uploading!

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

What a coincidence. I just reread the first chapter earlier today.
I absolutely hate when girls fall hard for a male player. For some reason, it doesn't bother me, as much, when the player is a girl, though. I wonder why?

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Female Prince-like Players are like Pretend male Players, so I don't like them either. It was nice she gave plain girl a chance. =3=

Ese%20len
joined Apr 26, 2017

I absolutely hate when girls fall hard for a male player. For some reason, it doesn't bother me, as much, when the player is a girl, though. I wonder why?

In this manga i would say that Touma dosn't realise what she is doing and isn't manipulating the girls (on purpose) for her own gain, her idea that everyone is her special girl is what she truly thinks.

joined Aug 22, 2016

Agreed, I don't think she's a player, just very much unwitting to her situation.

I dunno, I'd feel put out if the girl I asked out only accepted me immediately after the girl she really loved rejected her. Then again, she gives up at the slightest problem so more infatuation than love.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

All I want is for Touma-kun to end up falling in love for real with the most plain looking and apathetic girl in school

joined Aug 28, 2016

Yeah, Touma isn't being dishonest or manipulative, she just... doesn't really seem capable of forming a deep relationship with one person at this point in her life. It's hard to dislike her. If anything, I feel a little bad for her, since girls are probably going to keep being disappointed in her and she can't understand why.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Player character with no emotions is bad. First one was bad, this is bad too. At least she said yes to other girl.

joined Aug 22, 2016

Player character with no emotions is bad. First one was bad, this is bad too. At least she said yes to other girl.

It's not that she has no emotions, just the expression of love to a single person, or even simply romantic love doesn't process with her. If there is a wrong, then could it not be those that project their feelings, desires, and expectations onto her?

This reminds me a little bit of Even When a Stray Lamb is Weary without the depression and social disconnect.

All I want is for Touma-kun to end up falling in love for real with the most plain looking and apathetic girl in school

I'm thinking Touma-kun is going to get lonely real quick.

last edited at Mar 24, 2018 8:50PM

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

This is getting more interesting, I hope the new girlfriend heals Yuki-chan.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

It's not that she has no emotions, just the expression of love to a single person, or even simply romantic love doesn't process with her. If there is a wrong, then could it not be those that project their feelings, desires, and expectations onto her?

This reminds me a little bit of Even When a Stray Lamb is Weary

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_violet_at_zero_degrees_kelvin#1
This one is good too. I dislike the idea more than the character.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

What?

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

Huh, at first I felt really dissapointed, but now that I think about it a bit more I feel like this was for the best.
Maybe it'll work out between the two of them. I certainly hope it does.

And yea, don't think Touma is emotionless- I think she just doesn't really want a relationship/deep connection to any single person. I don't blame her too much for it.

last edited at Mar 24, 2018 9:16PM

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

I still don't like seeing people refer to Touma as a player. "Player" implies insincerity and betrayal.

Touma has been completely up-front and honest about her feelings. When asked in the first chapter, she openly admits to Karen that she has intimate relationships with many women. In this chapter, Yuki asks for an exclusive relationship, and Touma politely declines. No lies, no stringing along.

I'd like to point out the stark contrast between Yuki turning down her classmate and Touma turning down Yuki: the former was Yuki thinking less of someone and dismissing them as unworthy, the latter was Touma admitting she wasn't capable of giving Yuki the commitment she was asking for.

last edited at Mar 25, 2018 12:03AM

Alcoholism
joined Apr 15, 2017

Amano! yasss

joined Sep 1, 2017

In this manga i would say that Touma dosn't realise what she is doing and isn't manipulating the girls (on purpose) for her own gain, her idea that everyone is her special girl is what she truly thinks.

My point is, that if Touma was a boy I would have hated him, and I would have felt that Yuki dirtied herself, doing those things with Touma. But, because they are both girl, I don't mind what happened at all. I find it strange that I have such a double standard.

last edited at Mar 25, 2018 4:32AM

joined Sep 1, 2017

From what I understand about Touma-kun's character, she would be fine with that. After all her point is, all girls are cute in there own way. It's actually a positive message. Kind of sweet when you think about it.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

From what I understand about Touma-kun's character, she would be fine with that. After all her point is, all girls are cute in there own way. It's actually a positive message. Kind of sweet when you think about it.

Not really? I mean, to quote a great genius, "When everybody is special, no one will be..."

This comic is a perfect example of how treating everybody like they're a special precious flower just ends up hurting them, because you may say they're great, but then you turn around and treat them like everybody else, which ultimately means they mean nothing more to you than anybody else.

I also gotta take issue with all the people in this thread making excuses for Touma. It doesn't matter if she's being maliciously manipulative, or if she's just carelessly insensitive, the end result is the same. She's leaving a string of broken hearts in her wake exclusively because she doesn't spend any time thinking about how anyone else feels. She doesn't deserve your excuses, and I'd bet she knows exactly what she's doing. Yuki tries to get closer, and Touma just brushes her off with a smile. She comes and literally begs to have her feelings acknowledged, and Touma literally laughs it off with an insincere "sorry".

If this character was a guy, would any of you guys be this forgiving of that kind of callous behavior? Somehow I doubt it.

She's a player because she's playing with girl's hearts, and it's tearing up at least some of them. I mean there's Yuki, obviously, but also you can see the tension fall over the rest of them when Touma says Yuki is special, before she completely invalidates the compliment by spreading it to everybody.

This girl is the worst.

last edited at Mar 25, 2018 3:37AM

Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

Rebound-chan is pretty slick.

joined Sep 1, 2017

Not really? I mean, to quote a great genius, "When everybody is special, no one will be..."

This comic is a perfect example of how treating everybody like they're a special precious flower just ends up hurting them, because you may say they're great, but then you turn around and treat them like everybody else, which ultimately means they mean nothing more to you than anybody else.

I also gotta take issue with all the people in this thread making excuses for Touma. It doesn't matter if she's being maliciously manipulative, or if she's just carelessly insensitive, the end result is the same. She's leaving a string of broken hearts in her wake exclusively because she doesn't spend any time thinking about how anyone else feels. She doesn't deserve your excuses, and I'd bet she knows exactly what she's doing. Yuki tries to get closer, and Touma just brushes her off with a smile. She comes and literally begs to have her feelings acknowledged, and Touma literally laughs it off with an insincere "sorry".

If this character was a guy, would any of you guys be this forgiving of that kind of callous behavior? Somehow I doubt it.

She's a player because she's playing with girl's hearts, and it's tearing up at least some of them. I mean there's Yuki, obviously, but also you can see the tension fall over the rest of them when Touma says Yuki is special, before she completely invalidates the compliment by spreading it to everybody.

This girl is the worst.

You're totally right. If Touma was a boy I would have hated his guts, and the fact is, that double standard bothers me.
But, I don't feel sorry for the girls, who fall in love with her. They knew what Touma was like going in. It's like teasing a growling dog, then getting mad, at the dog, when it bites.
I also disagree with the quote "If everyone is special, then no one is special" Everybody is special in their own way You just have to find it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It's kind of awesome that Touma can see, the beauty, in all girls.
I do agree, that Touma is broken. She obviously is having trouble forming normal bonds. Maybe that's one reason why she is so popular. Girls can't seem to resist a beautiful, broken boy(girl). They delude themselves, into thinking, their love can fix what's wrong. That's why the misunderstood bad boy is such a popular trope

last edited at Mar 25, 2018 5:24AM

joined Aug 28, 2016

Well, what's she supposed to do, though? The start of the second chapter makes the point that girls fall in love with her just by her existing in their presence, and she's unable to fully return their feelings. Should she just avoid everyone completely? I think that's taking too much responsibility for other people's emotions.

To reply you must either login or sign up.