Forum › Springtime Yuri Fair discussion

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I don't know how to feel about this.

This isn't the kind of resolution I'm looking for. Is it?

joined Jan 10, 2017

This is a pointless one shot. At least it's short, so it's even less worthless than it might have been. Nobody gives a crap about a non-relationship.

Kumo2
joined Feb 18, 2014

I dunno, seem like it's based off the author RL experience. And RL is nothing like a manga with neat endings and resolutions.

joined Sep 20, 2016

It's clear that this piece is more an expression of the artist's thoughts and experiences than a traditional romantic narrative. It's nice to have some diversity in the stories told within the genre.

Smug%20ass%20fuckgin%20zura
joined Dec 5, 2015

This left me with a gnawing empty feeling on the inside.......but a good one i swear

joined Dec 16, 2017

Nice...bittersweet...and closer to reality for some maybe. I like the author's afterward. Feels honest to me.

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

The quality of this aside, Pikachi doing original work makes me very happy.
And it makes it even better that this story is quite good! Bittersweet/inconclusive endings are really a hit or miss with me, but this was definitely not a miss.

And RL is nothing like a manga with neat endings and resolutions.

..Just really liked your comment, so quoting it here, lol. Not super relevant to mine, but I just liked it a lot.

last edited at Mar 15, 2018 12:27AM

Sylveon%20x%20glaceon%202
joined Mar 11, 2014

This is a pointless one shot. At least it's short, so it's even less worthless than it might have been. Nobody gives a crap about a non-relationship.

I didn't like it either, because I always want to see cute, fluffy, happy endings...

...but damn, you could not be more bitter about something so minor. It's really well done and elegantly put together, just a simple little thing from the heart, from experience. Even though it hurts, it's a well-made snapshot of a much bigger, true-to-life story.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Whoa. I didn't expect something like this from Pikachi... Her art improved.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

I like it. Totally agree with you pikachu. I was a bit creepy when I liked people when I was younger. I have since grown. I was basically a stalker always had to know where they were at school outside of it I wouldn't care or think about them too much unless my mind wandered. Not like that anymore. Thank God.

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

I didn't like it either, because I always want to see cute, fluffy, happy endings...

...but damn, you could not be more bitter about something so minor. It's really well done and elegantly put together, just a simple little thing from the heart, from experience. Even though it hurts, it's a well-made snapshot of a much bigger, true-to-life story.

yup,
since it was just fiction, at least I want to read some happy stuff for fuck sake. *sigh
this one shot is nothing but a waste of time.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I like it. Totally agree with you pikachu. I was a bit creepy when I liked people when I was younger. I have since grown. I was basically a stalker always had to know where they were at school outside of it I wouldn't care or think about them too much unless my mind wandered. Not like that anymore. Thank God.

I snorted when I read Pikachu xDDD

joined Sep 11, 2014

I personally think it'll be better if there are snippets of them before the break up so readers can invest/ care more about the characters.

I also think it'll complete the one-shot since it feels like a conclusion rather than a full story, which is the reason I don't like this one-shot that much even though it's cute (and I love their smiles).

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

I love this. Author's afterword hits close to home.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I personally think it'll be better if there are snippets of them before the break up so readers can invest/ care more about the characters.

I also think it'll complete the one-shot since it feels like a conclusion rather than a full story, which is the reason I don't like this one-shot that much even though it's cute (and I love their smiles).

The author intended to communicate feelings rather than plot and characters, and left the details for the reader's imagination, because almost everyone has had their own experience with unrequited love before.

joined Sep 11, 2014

The author intended to communicate feelings rather than plot and characters, and left the details for the reader's imagination, because almost everyone has had their own experience with unrequited love before.

Reading it again, and I understand your point. I guess I'm just more used to authors telling a story rather than feelings, and because I never had any unrequited love before so I can't really connect to the story, which is why I mentioned I'd prefer if there's a 'beginning' to the one-shot.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

I like this. I can't really explain why I like it, but I just do.
Glad to see Pikachi back again as well.

Ioruu%20dr
joined Jul 13, 2014

Raw feelings are just beautiful.

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

Literally my life. 2real4me

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

One thing that I like about the manga was the tag. “Adult life.”

joined Mar 3, 2017

I’m not a huge fan of ambiguous unrequited love stories... ;_;

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Yeah, I didn't react like this at all when I ran into my ex at work. I hid in the next aisle and hoped she would leave without seeing me.

Quite the adult response, I'm sure.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I’m not a huge fan of ambiguous unrequited love stories... ;_;

I didn't read it like that because... I'm sure the main character was really hurt at that time, but this short shows how she has already healed after some time. I think that is beautiful and hopeful. Because it hurts so much more if you cling to false hopes for years. (so yeah unrequited love does suck though)

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

There's an ambiguity in the translation here. Has she been dumped or rejected?

If it's something that "will never be", and not something that was.

I seem to recall that the expression for being rejected and being dumped is the same (cf My unrequited love)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

There's an ambiguity in the translation here. Has she been dumped or rejected?

If it's something that "will never be", and not something that was.

I seem to recall that the expression for being rejected and being dumped is the same (cf My unrequited love)

Them getting back together as a couple is what will never be. They explicitly had a relationship before that ended with a messy breakup, but she's at peace with that now. They've both gotten to the point where they're happy to see each other and be friends in the present.

If anything the wording is odd because when she says that because it looks like she wants to re-kindle their relationship, but nothing else in the story points to that.

To reply you must either login or sign up.