Forum › Yuunagi Marbled discussion

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Uh.. yeah.. they go to a city AS BIG as tokyo and they JUST HAPPENED, hear me, JUST HAPPENED to meet that person, that JUST HAPPENED to be on her front garden and JUST HAPPENED to be carrying her baby arround.

I wanna think the nosy girl looked for the address of that woman with the baby, otherwise yeah it's quite unlikely

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Why does the manga still say ongoing? Fin means done no?

Also Ena could have gotten Rika's address from the nurse.

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2018

Aww, is it already over? I want more!!!

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

I've read to many tragedies to not get the feeling of the last page indicating a suicide. It was on my mind ever since they started taking off their shoes (that's what people usually do before committing suicide in Japan) - which is pretty expected if they were going in water, I know, but still. All that gloomy talking about being swept away, disappearing and stuff made me pretty damn paranoid. Especially that final page with the close up on said shoes. I'm wondering if the mangaka left it ambiguous on purpose or if I'm just being autistic. Realistically though the story was leading anywhere but suicide, especially with the final dialogue about moving on and not thinking about dying anymo- w- well maybe she said that because she was finally gonna stop thinking about it and actually do it. And maybe Ena took her to see her previous lover because she was hoping to settle things / end it all without regreAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Actually I think I'm just being retarded, maybe it's really just supposed to be emphasis on her no longer thinking about suicide - by straight up making it look like lovers' suicide without context.

last edited at Mar 8, 2018 11:04PM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Actually I think I'm just being retarded, maybe it's really just supposed to be emphasis on her no longer thinking about suicide - by straight up making it look like lovers' suicide without context.

I think it's more likely a callback to their original meeting, and the line about "even if we're washed away, even if we disappear, we're together" is more a positive statement affirming that they now have the courage to move forward since they're together. Plus the omake clearly shows them coming to school, which would be a bit of a trick to pull if they had killed themselves the previous day.

uzumakixhinata
joined Nov 7, 2013

Why it's ended already T.T

lineonthecanvas
R85fsaeisfamplbd.mp4_000002879
joined Sep 20, 2013

Why did i feel so empty? ...

Sharkexpert12
2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

I think it's more likely a callback to their original meeting, and the line about "even if we're washed away, even if we disappear, we're together" is more a positive statement affirming that they now have the courage to move forward since they're together. Plus the omake clearly shows them coming to school, which would be a bit of a trick to pull if they had killed themselves the previous day.

What do you mean I'm dead(on the inside) right now.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Is this the end? Lol this manga was so random (in a positive way) with all those cliche-breaking plot points and surprises. Ena best girl. I wish more Yuri MCs were like her or Koito Yuu.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Nice, turns out I stopped reading after the "last" page and didnt see the omake. I'm glad to be wrong, but it's kinda embarassing kek.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Uh.. yeah.. they go to a city AS BIG as tokyo and they JUST HAPPENED, hear me, JUST HAPPENED to meet that person, that JUST HAPPENED to be on her front garden and JUST HAPPENED to be carrying her baby arround.

I wanna think the nosy girl looked for the address of that woman with the baby, otherwise yeah it's quite unlikely

She though it would help her if she saw her again, so looking for her address seems like an easy thing to do for that goal.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Fin?!?!?!

But that was nice. Ena was such a sweetheart. <3

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Wait, wait, wait a minute. Rika sensei is her ex right? Didn't they say she commited suicide? Or am I mixing this up with another series?

EDIT: Nevermind I just reread ch8. I must've missed that chapter somehow.

last edited at Mar 9, 2018 8:40AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This was absolutely golden.

I must admit that I never quite get the perennial complaints about “cliches” and stories being “generic,” etc.—schoolgirl yuri is a genre, not documentary realism, and the characteristic tropes are what make it so. (You might as well complain about detective shows where the protagonist is a maverick who doesn’t play by the rules but always gets the job done, etc.) What matters is what a story does with the tropes, and I think what this one does is almost always surprising and sometimes amazing.

For instance, that kissing scene in chapter 2 has quickly become one of my all-time favorites—Ena pulls away from the sudden kiss not in shock—as we’ve seen a million times before—but because she doesn’t know how to breathe while kissing (there’s a knack to it, dear—just keep practicing), and where other stories would then have the MC brood about the meaning of the kiss for a chapter or two, Ena just pinches Mishio’s cheeks and tells her how cute she is.

Ena was such a sweetheart.

Very true, but “sweetheart” really hardly begins to cover it—Ena is a freaking angst- and drama-destroying yuri super-ninja. Somebody upstream asked how you make a character be so consistently excellent without turning her into an unbelievable Mary Sue. I think this story does it, but at this point I’m not quite sure exactly how. So I’ll have to read it a couple dozen more times and figure it out.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I think taking Mishio to see the woman that made her suicidally depressed without telling her was kind of a dick move on Ena's part, but the rest of it was sweet.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think taking Mishio to see the woman that made her suicidally depressed without telling her was kind of a dick move on Ena's part, but the rest of it was sweet.

Well, right—that’s where the “Fictional Character on Closed Course/Don’t Try This At Home, Folks” nature of genre tropes comes in. In real life, a sudden confrontation like that might trigger who knows what kind of psychological hell; in a story with the theme of “confront the past and then let it go” that scene or something like it is all but a requirement (and we’ve already had one coincidental encounter with a significant figure from Mishio’s past—not that that’s ever stopped yuri stories from featuring multiple coincidences before).

And, of course, in real life confronting past trauma doesn’t just make it magically go away, either. At least this story suggests that Mishio still has residual feelings for her ex, even though she’s clearly in recovery.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I understand what the purpose of the event in the story was - to cement the idea that Mishio is slowly learning to get over her past and move forward to a better life with Ena, and to showcase Ena's ability to confront problems head-on one last time.

It was still kind of a dick move.

joined Feb 1, 2018

Sad to see this end so soon, but I'm also glad the author didn't forcibly extend the plot with added drama. Go Ena Go!

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch09 has an error in pg 182, it was fixed https://yuriproject.net/yuunagi-marbled-ch09/

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Since it still says Ongoing is there an Epilogue or something?

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Since it still says Ongoing is there an Epilogue or something?

No. The book is fully scanned. I think the "ongoing" must be an error.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Wait what? That's it? Well... I mean... Okay. I mean I really liked it, but Idk I was expecting more. Oh well.

joined Apr 28, 2016

I read this because of some comments and wow she really cuts through various drama plot.
Love interest is upset:"...you will leave me in the end too...."
MC:*taps her on the head* "stop that or I will really get angry"
LI actually stops.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

poor guy.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

is this completed?

To reply you must either login or sign up.