Forum › Narcissus Twins discussion

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

Making a doujin too short should be a crime

joined Feb 22, 2015

Why is it tagged twins?
Based on page 4, I'd guess they're at most cousins that looks identical to each other.

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

Why is it tagged twins?
Based on page 4, I'd guess they're at most cousins that looks identical to each other.

Probably something like Parent Trap where they didn't know they had a twin sis at first

Fb_img_1506323085663
joined Apr 2, 2017

What a polite way of speaking xD
i loved that

last edited at Mar 8, 2018 2:24AM

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

The tags said they are twins on the pixiv page.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Great to see one of my favorite touhou authors still making works.

joined Nov 22, 2014

Why is it tagged twins?

Probably due to the title

joined Jul 26, 2016

...identical twins separated at birth? [telenovela intensifies]

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

9/10, not enough pages!

Promo-facebook-facebook%20profile%20picture
joined May 24, 2014

Nobody said it yet, really? Then allow me.
... Twincest is wincest! ^o^

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Why is it tagged twins?

The author says they are twins. Just because they didn't grow up together does not mean they are not twins - their parents just divorced when they were still babies or whatever.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I enjoyed that.

I wonder though - ~If you had an identical twin (same hairstyle etc) you lived with, went to school with, spent all your time together - you will see their face far more often than your own. I wonder if when you look in a mirror would you see yourself or your twin? That face should be a lot more associated with them than yourself.?

Intellectually you'd know it was yourself, but would it feel and look more like you was looking at the twin you see like 10+ hrs a day? If so would it almost feel like you had no reflection yourself? Hmm- that would be weird.

last edited at Mar 8, 2018 8:09AM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

I enjoyed that.

I wonder though - ~If you had an identical twin (same hairstyle etc) you lived with, went to school with, spent all your time together - you will see their face far more often than your own. I wonder if when you look in a mirror would you see yourself or your twin? That face should be a lot more associated with them than yourself.?

Intellectually you'd know it was yourself, but would it feel and look more like you was looking at the twin you see like 10+ hrs a day? If so would it almost feel like you had no reflection yourself? Hmm- that would be weird.

and that's exactly one of the many reasons why twins don't like being twins. i have seen many twins in my life and none of them enjoyed the fact that they were twins..though only in anime they portray that twins like to be together...

Fluffy Fuyumi
joined Aug 27, 2017

Incest yuri is the best.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

and that's exactly one of the many reasons why twins don't like being twins. i have seen many twins in my life and none of them enjoyed the fact that they were twins..though only in anime they portray that twins like to be together...

I've knows several twins who enjoyed being twins. In high school, there was a pair that would trade off classes. One would attend both math classes while the other would take both English classes because their aptitudes were different. Another couple, in their 40s, would always go to the same salon at the same time to get their hair done to make sure they'd look the same.

I this case, though, I think the title implies something different: these girls enjoy being with each other precisely because it feels like they are spending time with themselves.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

And that's why the author made them "meet" at 13 years old.

Anyway, twincest is always quite narcissistic. Like kissing your reflection in the mirror.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I enjoyed that.

I know a pair of twins online, and they act like best friends. They're very close and get along great, even though they're also their own people with differing interests.

As I recall, a common bit of parenting advice is to not treat Twins like they're interchangeable, and definitely don't do the "dress them identical" routine.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I've seen programs on tv about twins though where they are inseparable too - and say things like nobody could be closer or understand what it is like, or who have lost a twin and say every day feels like something is missing even decades later.. So I do think twins can be exceptionally close.

The issues I wondered about only apply to identical twins ofcourse. A regular twin will look no more like you than any normal sister. And Like Nez said, I think with identical twins, an effort should be maintained to dress and look different (In RL) Only in anime do they usually dress/look and act the same.

I love twincest stories myself, but think they work better when the twins are NOT identical, (like Kagami/Tsukasa etc) -
when they look the same I think it must be weird like kissing yourself lol (as someone said, it seems very narcissistic).

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

And that's why the author made them "meet" at 13 years old.

Anyway, twincest is always quite narcissistic. Like kissing your reflection in the mirror.

Eh, I disagree with the "always". Your reflection is your reflection, but a twin or lookalike is still a different person. I'd say it depends on what's going through your mind. If you're like "Man, I am HOT", then sure, but another angle is "This person understands me better than anyone else ever could. Hell, you could even have somebody who is kinked up by the idea of two identical people doing stuff, even if they aren't super fond of their appearance.

joined Apr 30, 2014

The cat saw everything.

joined Feb 18, 2015

I knew a pair of fraternal twins in high school who had a younger sister who looked close enough to the shorter of the two that many people meeting their family for the first time assumed that they were identical twins and the other twin was their older sister. I think it bothered her a bit, since she had one of those really cute, "younger than she looks" faces and, by the end of high school, was a bit tired of people thinking she was several years younger than she was... (I always wondered if she appreciated it when she got into her late 20s and people were carding her for drinks or if it was still bugging her. I know my sister got fed up with the whole looking younger than she is when she was carded for an R-rated movie when she was 35 years-old... She's not quite five feet tall... LOL!)

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I loved the cat seeing everything...lol

At my high school there were twins, girls, they sorta competed about who was the hotter..but wearing same hairstyle and clothe style..it was hard to tell so they always were in a tie

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

I like the way they speak. It's cute. Somewhat annoying since it reminds me of a certain pair of twins who are kinda annoying but still, it's cute.

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Hi, I am an IRL Twin.
And to answer your question: no, you wouldn't think that it's the other person while looking at a mirror. ( and you are not even the 1st person who has asked this, tho last time I was asked this I was in middle school)
I am an identical twin and I also studied psychology, if there were twins that were in this kind of relationship it would DEFINITELY be narcissitic, I mean, yuri love is already considered narc. Because we share the same body so add being a twin to that equation ^^;;
I haven't met twins who are close friends, without one trying to bully the other. I dont get along with my sister and that is super fine :3
I have read somewhere (forums) that people advice against getting married w/ twins who are too close because you will never be #1 in their lives and they will keep secrets from you or stuff like that.
Twincest is not wincest ....
This doujin had very cute art, a shame it was twincest c:
Those were my 2 cents

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Ah and ironically enough, my second name would be "Hinagiku" if it were Japanese (and no, my sister isnt named like the other twin in this story) xD

To reply you must either login or sign up.