Forum › Citrus discussion

Untitled-1
joined Feb 12, 2018

please tell me, there will be a happy ending... right ?

Yuzu and Mei... they will get married and live happily, right ?

EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE DAIJŌBU... RIGHT ?

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

I cant forgive what mei has done to yuzu and now this is the final blow. its like bruh if thats what you decided for yourself since you were a child why suddenly become a gay and start kissing and teasing yuzu..

The only explanation is that she actually LOVES YUZU A LOT, contrary to what people are assuming , its like are you people dumb ? if she didn't love yuzu she wouldn't even give her a look and kept progressing towards her dream just like how she always treated Himeko but Yuzu is different, She truly loved her.so the dream that she has always followed and her love for yuzu opposed each other.

What People Didn't Notice is that Mei HAD BEEN SUFFERING CONSTANTLY, and EVEN Yuzu can't do anything for her in this state. Actually what Mei has did is probably one of the most difficult decisions i have ever saw. She is truly strong not weak like how people are saying..I Really Respect Her decision and I think Yuzu should too,YES ITS HARD,I know, its really hard BUT just like how Mei decided this hard resolve Yuzu should too if she truly loved her , its never too late, both of them are still very young and could forget eventually.even if Mei threw all of her dreams aside and decided to stay beside Yuzu still, the ghosts from the past will come back to hunt her and will especially hunt Yuzu leading her to think it was better if she didn't fall in love with Mei and many of other hardships.Mei did this for her own good in the future and for Yuzu's good too, she actually did it out of her pure love for Yuzu so she won't get hurt in the end in the future, yes she will be hurt a lot in the beginning but she will get over it believe me. so Thinking this through is better than regretting it in the future.

i don't want to be this kind of person but what made me write this is that because i knew two women who always loved each other and i was their friend and respected their love, but once they faced the pressure of society and the difficulties of two women living alone with no men helping them with money or protecting them and with no children there to be by their side when they get old one of them has committed suicide and the other has followed her.

Im not saying you should believe my story but regardless what im trying to say is that you should think of these things properly and not take it lightly without giving in to your emotions so you won't be facing those kind of hardships in your real life,I'm saying this for your own good, If you wanna be gay then be prepared for it!!! don't drive your lover crazy in the future.
if you cant respect a manga ending or got depressed over it,then im sorry to tell you that being a gay is not for you, to be a gay is not for weak people and is not just a sexual preference it is a matter of being able to live a decent life or a depressing life.

I had always thought Citrus was a dumb drama and only kept reading it because it was entertaing nonetheless , I didnt think it would get this dramatic towards the end and actually leads you to questioning your views about life

If Saburo Uta actually ended this manga like how I described then it is really one of the most mature endings i've ever read and this manga should be labled among people as "Aimed Towards Prudent and Mature people" though i know a lot of people will call it a bad ending.

I know my comment wont be liked by many and is not gonna get much attention but im writing this to rational and mature people who know what they are doing with their life.

I can see that you are an intelligent person who thinks about the world rationally, but there's still some things that tick me off in your comment. (no offence)

1. People say she is weak because she made Yuzu fall for her really hard, even though she knew that what she wanted (taking over the academy) didn't work with the relationship. Also she didn't have the guts to tell her personally. I agree though, if Mei wanted to run the academy truly, she needed to break the relationship off. But I also think it is past the point where Yuzu can just laugh it off. She scarred her for life. Will Yuzu ever love someone like that again out of fear if the person just up and disappears without seeing her again?

2. So, are you implying that it is better for a lesbian to marry a guy and live a loveless life with children? Because you can't really chose to be gay, you know? And what if her marriage falls apart, because she can't give the man the sex he wants, because she just doesn't like penis?

3. It's not mature to just accept that society is fucked up. Where would we be if everyone had always ever accepted it?

4.I think Citrus will not meet your standards of a well written ending.

1. you're right. what mei did to yuzu making her fall more and more for her wasn't wise. I can't argue with that,she is still a human who makes mistakes after all.but still calling her weak because of this means that all of us here are weak because every human make these kind of mistakes at some point in their life.and i doubt telling her that she has an arranged marriage would change much. just think about it..

2.i think you kind of misunderstood me here,what i implied is that someone must take the responsibility before falling hard in love and know the consequences. it is not just about lesbian love it is the same with hetero love,if you think that love is just a lust or some sort of game or enjoyment and if you can't bear the burden of society pressure or the burden of becoming a father or working and spending money on your woman and children then don't bother. children with no parents is already considered a world top issue.don't just if you didn't have your way(and i doubt you will easily have your way) be all like "Yes i regret it,I Will Just Suicide" or "I ll just give up and become depressed".

3.nope,it is mature. i'm not talking about giving up or winning here,we're not having a sexual preference war. but you must realize that the society will never change no matter what you pull and will always look down upon these kind of relationships, but one must be patient and endure it that's what i meant by accepting the society,it is like ITS ACTUALLY NORMAL for a society to think like this,that's how societies been and that's how they will always be,if human societies didn't think this way then welcome to a world where people would be having sex in the streets with their parents and pets its like lol i leave it to your imagination.. it is immature to bash the society or hate on every person who look down on you(if you hate on them or look down on them then you are just the same as them), you will never have rest .you need to learn to live cool with it ,believe me, being endurant is the key(please don't misunderstand me I dont mean to throw away your pride or to not stand for yourself).

4.well despite how ever it will end i hope it will be a satisfying ending and not a rushed one.

I still have a lot to talk but i'm not here to argue with anyone or to act intelligent,i'm just sharing my opinion with everyone so they can consider and think whatever more suitable for them.

last edited at Feb 18, 2018 2:53PM

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

This is end. Sorry man but we also cant belive. Mei leave Yuzu. Thats it. That's why this manga was called Citrus.

joined May 20, 2013

Did the trolls wake up?

if human societies didn't think this way then welcome to a world where people would be having sex in the streets with their parents and pets its like lol i leave it to your imagination..

Either trolling or wrong community...

This is end. Sorry man but we also cant belive. Mei leave Yuzu. Thats it. That's why this manga was called Citrus.

Misleading on purpose or being misinformed yourself? This wasn't the last chapter, please stop spreading something we have evidence against. Thank you.

Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018

SU has already spoiled that they'll end up together, and on a positive note.

joined May 24, 2014

SU has already spoiled that they'll end up together, and on a positive note.

Obviously, she was lying

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

Yes I do it on purpose. This is 23821 person, who think this is the end... I cant stop myself

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

drhelsing and He-Man, you're just trolling at this point. Enough already.

Anyone else who's only coming here to write an oh-so-clever "I told you so, bad writing!" post, save it. Many people already beat you to it, and probably in a more entertaining fashion.

joined Apr 26, 2016

Lovers work things out together tell her and maybe she can help you

joined Jan 22, 2018

everyone is triggerred because of the new chapter. who wouldn't? almost everyone expected Mei to value Yuzu more than anything. Yuzu fought so hard for her without minding the consequences. I thought this would be the arc that Mei is going to show how much she love Yuzu but it was the other way again. Yuzu was the one who got hurt and yet she's still the one who needs to make things right. right now, I really want to see Mei beg and cry to Yuzu, for her to come back to her until her eyes bleed.

what pisses me off is that Mei let Yuzu to deeply fall in love with her even though she has no intention to return those feelings because of her ambition. Matsuri is everyone of us right now.

joined Apr 28, 2016

Since I am not reading some older work I know this will most likely end with them together and it will probably go the usual way but I can still hope for it to surprise me and for Mei to have a change of heart and do something instead of placing all initiative for changing it on Yuzu.

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

drhelsing and He-Man, you're just trolling at this point. Enough already.

Anyone else who's only coming here to write an oh-so-clever "I told you so, bad writing!" post, save it. Many people already beat you to it, and probably in a more entertaining fashion.

That was just 1 post :/

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

everyone is triggerred because of the new chapter. who wouldn't? almost everyone expected Mei to value Yuzu more than anything. Yuzu fought so hard for her without minding the consequences. I thought this would be the arc that Mei is going to show how much she love Yuzu but it was the other way again. Yuzu was the one who got hurt and yet she's still the one who needs to make things right. right now, I really want to see Mei beg and cry to Yuzu, for her to come back to her until her eyes bleed.

what pisses me off is that Mei let Yuzu to deeply fall in love with her even though she has no intention to return those feelings because of her ambition. Matsuri is everyone of us right now.

Yes. Its time for Mei to move ass and show some love for Yuzu. Matsuri will have role in all of this for sure. That conversation with Nene was not accidental.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013
  1. you're right. what mei did to yuzu making her fall more and more for her wasn't wise. I can't argue with that,she is still a human who makes mistakes after all.but still calling her weak because of this means that all of us here are weak because every human make these kind of mistakes at some point in their life.and i doubt telling her that she has an arranged marriage would change much. just think about it..

2.i think you kind of misunderstood me here,what i implied is that someone must take the responsibility before falling hard in love and know the consequences. it is not just about lesbian love it is the same with hetero love,if you think that love is just a lust or some sort of game or enjoyment and if you can't bear the burden of society pressure or the burden of becoming a father or working and spending money on your woman and children then don't bother. children with no parents is already considered a world top issue.don't just if you didn't have your way(and i doubt you will easily have your way) be all like "Yes i regret it,I Will Just Suicide" or "I ll just give up and become depressed".

3.nope,it is mature. i'm not talking about giving up or winning here,we're not having a sexual preference war. but you must realize that the society will never change no matter what you pull and will always look down upon these kind of relationships, but one must be patient and endure it that's what i meant by accepting the society,it is like ITS ACTUALLY NORMAL for a society to think like this,that's how societies been and that's how they will always be,if human societies didn't think this way then welcome to a world where people would be having sex in the streets with their parents and pets its like lol i leave it to your imagination.. it is immature to bash the society or hate on every person who look down on you(if you hate on them or look down on them then you are just the same as them), you will never have rest .you need to learn to live cool with it ,believe me, being endurant is the key(please don't misunderstand me I dont mean to throw away your pride or to not stand for yourself).

4.well despite how ever it will end i hope it will be a satisfying ending and not a rushed one.

I still have a lot to talk but i'm not here to argue with anyone or to act intelligent,i'm just sharing my opinion with everyone so they can consider and think whatever more suitable for them.

1. Well, I agree she is a 15 year old girl after all. So she still has a lot to learn. And nobody's perfect. Still, telling someone in person is a prove of respect. it wouldn't change much, but it's about respect.

2. well, okay. I can see what you mean.

3. neither am I about to go into a sexual preference war. All I wanted to say is that open mindedness and thinking for yourself is important. Because if there were no open mided people we could still have slavery, witch burnings, etc. These are also things that society considered normal at some point.
    Also there is a great deal of things humans wouldn't do if it was allowed, because it is just more thrilling to do it when it's forbidden and exciting. It's just human nature. And it's not just society that upholds the moral standards. Well, neither of us has any prove that their version of the alternate reality is correct, so we might as well agree to disagree.

I'm also not here to get into great discussions. Sometimes I get carried away. And I wanted to know what your point was, because I didn't understand. Thanks for clarifying.

last edited at Feb 18, 2018 5:52PM

C8jj6l5uiaacadt_jpg__1llcu
joined Aug 13, 2017

Proofs :

• the author never talked about the ending and the final in the chapter's promotion. Kodama did (NTR's author).
  • no "to be continued", but no "fin" either
  • the anime is airing, its purpose is to increase the manga's sells, the manga needs to continue during the anime
  • a final chapter is always announced in the previous issue of YH with the word "climax": クライマツクス, it was the case for NTR, and other series which ended last year when they were listed on the preview page
  • a final chapter is always listed as a climax in the issue where it is published on the final cover of the magazine. Citrus is listed on the ongoing series.
  • the author promised happy ending in the last 4 volumes in the afterwords
  • Yuri Hime policy: the most popular series and a series that help to sell the magazine would end so badly without any notice? -Volume 9 promotion incoming with a bonus card showing the OTP in a wedding dress ... to buy a volume ending the manga on the exact opposite note?
  • another chapter was announced for March but has been put on hiatus since the volume 9 is released. Yuri Hime made an announcement, only to precise that the chapter was on break for Yuri hime n°5 (in March), not forever.

And more narrative reasons :
- We didn't see one of the MC. A series ending without seeing Mei...
- We didn't have any dialogues and speeches from the cast except Yuzu and Ume ... Will a manga end obliterating all their characters?
- too many loose ends. the father? the grandfather?

I think the lack of to be continued is a stylistic editorial choice. It's Mei's letter, hence Mei's words who is the narrator. On the graphics level, a to be continued would have ruined the impact of the "goodbye", visually but also on the meaning in Mei's mind. This goodbye is final for her.

You, YOU deserve a cookie, a big one!

Looks like people don't pay attention to details anymore

last edited at Feb 18, 2018 6:56PM

C8jj6l5uiaacadt_jpg__1llcu
joined Aug 13, 2017

I thought there will be more closure in regards to their relationship post time skip. Either SU wanted to keep us on suspense or they're just lazy.
And I just found out that SU is a straight, married woman too. No wonder she's really bad at handling the characters.

Not all yuri artists have to be lesbians or bisexuals, tho a lot are, well some of the best.

I know, right!

Sexual orientation has nothing to do with the someone's writing ability. Of course in some case we can see some patterns, like when straight guys write Yuri, but that's not a general rule, anyway...

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Everything will be DIEDjobu.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Ah, I expected a cesspool of commentary and I wasn't disappointed, lol...

Frankly I think this is a wise move on the author's part. The story in general tends to be very "yank in one direction, yank in another immediately after". This sort of permits the Citrus universe to have settled and allows the author some time to perhaps do a "6 months ago...." chapter later on if it's actually integral to the story.

Personally I'm sort of on the "Citrus is trash but it's YURI trash so I'm gonna read it anyway" train, but I'm not complaining because it's because of stories like this that yuri is gradually gaining more ground in the industry which can only lead to good things for the genre in my opinion.

As for Mei... well, "GODDAMMIT MEI" is as fitting as always. I'd like to think that she's throwing herself into an arranged marriage with a man who seems like he may ultimately understand a need to either stop or end the marriage because she's not really into it (like it seems he won't really be). Hopefully it can be done where it's a decision Mei makes on her own and not one that she is seemingly pushed to by her fiance/husband/whatever because goddammit Mei needs to make up her own mind.

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Im not triggered or anything about. Sure its sad, but come on everyone let be real for a minute. If this was a Slice of Life more than anyhing. She was already engaged when it first started, but then she had to get engaged to a someone else. Not every highschool yuri manga is supposed to be a happy fairytale. Grant it though, the ending is supposed to be a Happy Ending, but that can be with the characters all living a happy life and enjoying it to the fullest. Whether theyre together or not.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Im not triggered or anything about. Sure its sad, but come on everyone let be real for a minute. If this was a Slice of Life more than anyhing. She was already engaged when it first started, but then she had to get engaged to a someone else. Not every highschool yuri manga is supposed to be a happy fairytale. Grant it though, the ending is supposed to be a Happy Ending, but that can be with the characters all living a happy life and enjoying it to the fullest. Whether theyre together or not.

There is a difference between a melodramatic story and sad story that actually makes sense. This is a melodramatic story where the plot points are never actually explained. Not once does it explain why Mei getting married has anything to do with becoming headmistress and yet all these drama revolves around that absent connection.

last edited at Feb 18, 2018 8:23PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

There is a difference between a melodramatic story and sad story that actually makes sense. This is a melodramatic story where the plot points are never actually explained. Not once does it explain why Mei getting married has anything to do with becoming headmistress and yet all these drama revolves around that absent connection.

Well one COULD say "it's because clearly her family (with the exception of her father) is very strictly traditional, so the marriage is expected in order to carry on the family lineage so no real explanation feels needed", but to say that you also have to accept that somehow Mei has managed cognitive dissonance with the arranged marriage situation along with her romantic relationship with Yuzu up to this point, so who knows what the author is actually thinking at this point.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

I think it probably has been mentioned already, but more than a person that run away from her feelings and insecurities, Mei is essentially hating herself. I've started to think about it since I read this fanfiction of Mei's pov on reddit, but it makes sense. Hating yourself is some kind of haven where if you fail, it's okay since you weren't going to succeed in the first place.

And what's more frightening than a person that loves you? Someone that can make you see yourself in a better light, that can give you confidence and make you feel more hopeful? Because when everything is going to fail, and it will, you'll only fall from a higher place and it'll hurt even more.

So in order to avoid this, Mei takes shelter in the "good girl" role : since she is doing everything that is expected of her, it's a good thing, right? Since she will hurt Yuzu if she stays with her, it's best to remove herself from her step-sister's life? It's all for the best, it's fine if Mei suffers a bit because of it, since it's all for the good of the family and for Yuzu's sake, who will get over it eventually, because Mei wasn't worth it, in the end; should she go back to Yuzu, she will just make her suffer more. What's better than sacrificing a bit of yourself for the greater good?

That's one take on the whole story, Mei hates herself more than she loves Yuzu, probably? I can get why people hate/dislike her then : self-loathing people can be a pain to deal with, even more so if you love them. Now Mei needs to learn to love herself so she can find Yuzu again, I guess. I don't know how that will happen, though, since Yuzu was probably her best chance...

Too bad Yuzu isn't in the theatre club...

last edited at Feb 19, 2018 7:44AM

joined Sep 18, 2017

I know there are going to be extras (like the rest of the volumes) but I don't see a To-Be-Continued anywhere - please give me proof this will continue please?

It would continue, this is not the end of Citrus yet. Yuri-Hime confirmed that there would be no chapter next month though, so we will get the new chapter in April.

Thanks for the update.

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

I am going to fling myself into the sun.

joined Dec 28, 2017

D:

To reply you must either login or sign up.