Forum › Posts by GreenLawn

GreenLawn
Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018

I honestly live for this discussion thread. Your long theories and opinions are eyeopening and really entertaining to read.

GreenLawn
Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018

Happy Birthday Rick!

GreenLawn
Image Comments 15 Aug 08:31
Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018
Kougi_50t

I think this is from the Aqours unit battle, where Anchan got a prompt which was to fight a magical monster because they were attacking an Aqours member (Riko).

GreenLawn
Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018

Nice to see this one again!

GreenLawn
Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018

the problem with yuri anime adaptations, is that they don't sell well, and they never get a continuation and are vulnerable to get an anime-original endings. i hope this adaptation sells well and gets popular enough to have a two cour or at least a second season.

The manga has sold more than 500000 copies and has placed high in many rankings and polls. It was one of the most requested anime adaptations from a recent poll in Japan. The manga is really popular in Japan and I think the anime will be just as popular. It's just that if the adaption fails, the sales will definitely drop on the anime.

GreenLawn
Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018

TROYCA isn't a studio I'm familiar with, but they seem good-ish.

Hibike's script writer is great, but I'm more worried about the director, Makoto Katou. He is a newbie director with only 1 more directing role.

GreenLawn
Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018

I was thinking of Shaft aswell. I would love if Shaft adapted Yagakimi like 3-Gatsu. I feel like the series are somewhat similar. I also wouldn't mind a more creative approach like the Monogatari Series.

GreenLawn
GreenLawn
Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018

The results for the Anime Japan 2018 poll where you could vote which manga you want to see animated have been revealed. Bloom Into You place 9th on the poll!
Sauce: https://www.anime-japan.jp/main/ajranking/

Official ranking is out. It's 3rd place: https://twitter.com/yagakimi/status/977359209137242112
Holy crap, I wasn't even expecting it to be this high.

Omg that's amazing.
Translation of rankings:
1. 10Dance
2. Fate/strange Fake
3. Yagate Kimi ni Naru
4. Kyuugetsuki Sugu Shinu
5. Taisho Wotome Otogibanashi
6. PSYREN
7. Nogi Wakaba wa Yuusha de aru
8. Yakusoku no Neverland
9. Muhyo & Roji’s Bureau of Supernatural Investigation
10. Umehara FIGHTING GAMERS!

GreenLawn
Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018

The results for the Anime Japan 2018 poll where you could vote which manga you want to see animated have been revealed. Bloom Into You place 9th on the poll!
Sauce: https://www.anime-japan.jp/main/ajranking/

last edited at Mar 20, 2018 9:23AM

Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018

Well that was hilarious

GreenLawn
Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018

Well, that’s my question. One of my favorite recent manga is 3-gatsu no Lion. I think the corresponding anime is extremely well-made, and very, very faithful to the source material. I’m a fan. But I don’t actually see it doing much more than the manga—the full color is nice, I guess—and while I’m looking forward to the next episode, I’d rather see new manga chapters a whole bunch more.

I disagree. The manga is stellar and yet, the anime is even better.

Every now and then, while watching, it hits me how the soundtrack choice is absolutely perfect, how the colors are meaningful and vivid, how the flow of animation also helps convey feelings and increases the impact of any given scene.
Thanks to that I love the anime series a lot more than the manga.

last edited at Mar 2, 2018 6:12PM

Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018

Nice to see this one again.

GreenLawn
Citrus discussion 18 Feb 14:58
Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018

please tell me, there will be a happy ending... right ?

Yuzu and Mei... they will get married and live happily, right ?

EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE DAIJŌBU... RIGHT ?

This is end. Sorry man but we also cant belive. Mei leave Yuzu. Thats it. That's why this manga was called Citrus.

SU has already spoiled that they'll end up together, and on a positive note.

Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018

Now that was cute

GreenLawn
Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018

https://bookwalker.jp/dea22ada9b-2162-4787-a838-cdc92b536dcd/
Let's buy it

この作品は、日本国内のみでの販売となります。
購入後は海外でもダウンロードが可能です。

Based on google translate, the second sentence talks about how after being bought it can be downloaded overseas? But still only available within Japan? Think something was lost in translation. Just based on kanji I thought the second sentence might say it could be bought overseas.

I think it should say .
"This product is only for Japan domestic sale.
After purchase, you can download the data overseas."

GreenLawn
Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018

Post-Rebellion stuff always have this depressing feeling. Even if the ending is happy, you can't help, but feel weird.

GreenLawn
Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/books/2278488051/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_books_1_3_last

Yagakimi volume 5 ranking on the top 10 of general manga. Yesterday it was #3. It's very successful in Japan, I'm very happy.

I'm so happy. Glad to see that it's doing good in Japan, but I wonder how it's doing in the Western Market? I know that Citrus is more popular, but i'm curious to see how well Yagakimi sells.

GreenLawn
Citrus discussion 21 Jan 04:37
Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018

What started as a great series is DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA sheesh Im thinking about quitting this Manga

Citrus was always a drama right from the beginning, but I agree the recent growth of drama is a bit annoying. Since I really loved Citrus, when I first read it, I'm going to finish it.

I'm also really loving Mei's development.