Forum › Unworthy Goddess discussion

Lawn
joined Jan 11, 2018

Post-Rebellion stuff always have this depressing feeling. Even if the ending is happy, you can't help, but feel weird.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

The nurse is never, never in. If that nurse series in Sono Hanabira is any indication, we all know the nurses are always just off getting yuri themselves.

Also, I never noticed Homu's ear ornament had no piercing. It's odd she would be too afraid to pierce her ears, considering she could heal her eyesight long before getting her Akuma powers. I'd imagine she could numb, or even reverse, the piercing at will.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Post-Rebellion stuff always have this depressing feeling. Even if the ending is happy, you can't help, but feel weird.

Considering the most likely interpretation of Rebellion's ending is Homura's interpersonal relationship with Madoka is over, for good I'd call this an optimistic take.

last edited at Jan 27, 2018 7:40PM

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

Yeah, you're really not fit for doing a 'serious' kind of story without being it a little boring and over dramatic, but at least you are aware that it is hard for you, artist-san. Oh, but you don't make more Madoka doujin anymore, so I guess it's alright.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Also, I never noticed Homu's ear ornament had no piercing.

I did, but I never gave the over-ear design any real thought. It's certainly an interesting meaning to inject, though.

It's odd she would be too afraid to pierce her ears, considering she could heal her eyesight long before getting her Akuma powers. I'd imagine she could numb, or even reverse, the piercing at will.

The fear of needles is rooted almost entirely in the instinctive fear of the skin being breached, not any anticipation of pain(even large-bore needles don't actually hurt that much). No numbing ability is going to get over that hurdle.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

As much as I love a good Yuri between the two, the kiss scene came pretty random for me. It just seem like two best friends talking about the past and all of the sudden bam! Kiss me more

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Man, Maitake has spoiled me so much that it feels super weird to see anything post rebellion that it's not comedy

Oakfeather Uploader
Pfp
Oakfeather
joined Mar 17, 2017

Also, I never noticed Homu's ear ornament had no piercing. It's odd she would be too afraid to pierce her ears, considering she could heal her eyesight long before getting her Akuma powers. I'd imagine she could numb, or even reverse, the piercing at will.

I find it hard to believe that Akuma Homura has that ear piece because she was afraid to pierce her ears. The girl shot herself in the head with almost no hesitation, for crying out loud.

I didn't like this doujin as much as Happy Birthday, which I really enjoyed working on, but at least it explains the setup for that one.

joined Feb 1, 2013

For an Ayukko doujin, I have to say, this a particularly good resolution to the series. And personally, the fact that Madoka and Homura both relented and agreed to face this new merged world- a result of both of their efforts/desires- together made my heart really happy.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

minor error in pg 18, "I'd forgotten that as Goddess" should be, "as a Goddess"

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

minor error in pg 18, "I'd forgotten that as Goddess" should be, "as a Goddess"

minor error fixed https://imgur.com/a/4wso8#F24X1V4

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Considering the most likely interpretation of Rebellion's ending is Homura's interpersonal relationship with Madoka is over, for good I'd call this an optimistic take.

It's interesting because I always considered Rebellion to be the optimistic outcome to Madoka. People always talk about how Rebellion's ending is tragic and dark and that it's your classic bad ending that Urobutcher is known for. The thing is that the world is practically not that different from the original series's outcome. The TV series basically ends with Nobody remembering what happened except Homura while Rebellion ends the same way but with differences being that Everyone except Homura isn't a magical girl anymore, and If you ask me, everyone living normal lives and no longer being magical girls seems like a pretty damn good outcome.

The reason Madoka was depressing was because of the TV series, lots of dark shit happens there. Rebellion's tone is pretty contrasting to the original series if you think about as well, during it's second half there was always this feeling of hope and things were getting better and better where the TV series was just a downward spiral with things getting worse and worse.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

^The happiness-level of the plot of the movie is ambiguous and up to the viewer to decide on, that's true. But I was referring to the deal Homura got at the end. She finally figured out a way to have Madoka alive as a human, but now she can't be with her and feel her warmth and love, which is what she truly wanted from the start. She's stuck being an "evil" being without the reward she desperately hoped for, so she falls face-first off a cliff in despair."

joined Jun 11, 2016

Yeah, it's tragic for Homura but not for everyone else. Homura basically sacrificed her happiness and plunged herself into despair for the sake of Madoka's ( and everyone else's) happiness. She basically did the same thing Madoka did and because god of magical girls but instead of her taking on the despair of Magical girls she gives it to Kyubey, but she herself goes into despair because she'll never be able to be with Madoka. It's basically the hero sacrificing them self for the one they love, not tragic but rather bittersweet.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Yeah, it's tragic for Homura but not for everyone else. Homura basically sacrificed her happiness and plunged herself into despair for the sake of Madoka's ( and everyone else's) happiness. She basically did the same thing Madoka did and because god of magical girls but instead of her taking on the despair of Magical girls she gives it to Kyubey, but she herself goes into despair because she'll never be able to be with Madoka. It's basically the hero sacrificing them self for the one they love, not tragic but rather bittersweet.

Homura's story ends tragically, due to her own inescapable flaws, much like in Oedipus Rex. Regardless of any moral judgments one might make about Homura's actions, the ending, from her viewpoint, is not bittersweet but eternally depressing. Since the movie is really about her and not the world as a whole, I'd call it an archetypal tragedy.

Oakfeather Uploader
Pfp
Oakfeather
joined Mar 17, 2017

It's interesting because I always considered Rebellion to be the optimistic outcome to Madoka. People always talk about how Rebellion's ending is tragic and dark and that it's your classic bad ending that Urobutcher is known for. The thing is that the world is practically not that different from the original series's outcome. The TV series basically ends with Nobody remembering what happened except Homura while Rebellion ends the same way but with differences being that Everyone except Homura isn't a magical girl anymore, and If you ask me, everyone living normal lives and no longer being magical girls seems like a pretty damn good outcome.

The reason Madoka was depressing was because of the TV series, lots of dark shit happens there. Rebellion's tone is pretty contrasting to the original series if you think about as well, during it's second half there was always this feeling of hope and things were getting better and better where the TV series was just a downward spiral with things getting worse and worse.

I 100% agree with this. Rebellion was so much happier and had a much happier ending overall.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think regardless of whether the actual Rebellion movie was positive or not, I find that doujins for it tend to have this sense that the other shoe is about to drop, and all the happiness you see is an illusion. On one level I appreciate that there's some thought going into the stories, but on another I find that makes them a bit more stressful to read.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i have a question, do you think there will be an other film? rebellion ending is not bad, and sure is original, but i can only immagine the dissatisfaction of the true fans, i-m sure they could avoid suicide only thanks to the fanworks
but now, the next madoka film must have a plot totally different from every fanwork ever made

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

i have a question, do you think there will be an other film? rebellion ending is not bad, and sure is original, but i can only immagine the dissatisfaction of the true fans, i-m sure they could avoid suicide only thanks to the fanworks
but now, the next madoka film must have a plot totally different from every fanwork ever made

I think there's a greater than 50% chance there'll be another one. If they do, they'll definitely come up with something interesting. That said, Rebellion stands on it's own as a great (and very sad) ending to the series if the decide not to make anything else.

joined Jun 11, 2016

It probably won't happen but I'm actually expecting SHAFT to announce the new Madoka project this year and start working on it next year. Seeing how they're finished with Fate/Extra, Urobutcher is almost done with Thunderbolt Fantasy and Yuki Kajiura seems to be coming close to finishing the soundtrack to the other two Heavens feel movies.

joined Feb 2, 2018

These are nice and all but I'm just waiting for more Owanta and gecchu,especially ones that's about madohomu.

last edited at Feb 2, 2018 10:10AM

AquarianDemocrat
Retry
joined Jan 23, 2012

In my opinion, people always over interpret the scene where Homura falls off the cliff. I mean, she is literally the most powerful being in the universe at that point. There is no way she could be hurt by that. I think it just signifies her being lonely while governing the universe, because Madoka isn't with her at those times since she stripped Madoka's powers (signified by Madoka's empty chair, which is next to her chair on the cliff.)

I strongly reject the interpretation that Homura could have died from that fall, or that it signifies her reaching a point of ultimate despair. She achieved what she wanted at that point (even if it's obviously bitter sweet for her), and is all powerful, so it doesn't make sense from either perspective (to me, at least.)

last edited at Feb 4, 2018 3:32PM

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

I strongly reject the interpretation that Homura could have died from that fall, or that it signifies her reaching a point of ultimate despair. She achieved what she wanted at that point (even if it's obviously bitter sweet for her), and is all powerful, so it doesn't make sense from either perspective (to me, at least.)

I think it's more a case of "be care what you wish for": Homura has Madoka, but at the extreme cost of literally sealing her away and effectively denying her her own free will. She gained ultimate power as an act of extreme selfishness: Homura didn't want Madoka to be happy the way she chose, Homura wanted Madoka to be happy the way she chose.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Polycell posted:

I think it's more a case of "be care what you wish for": Homura has Madoka, but at the extreme cost of literally sealing her away and effectively denying her her own free will. She gained ultimate power as an act of extreme selfishness: Homura didn't want Madoka to be happy the way she chose, Homura wanted Madoka to be happy the way she chose.

That's misinterpreting things in order to make Homura look worse though. It's not simply that Homura wanted Madoka to only be happy the way Homura wanted. Homura also wanted to be happy herself, and despite it not being the happiest ending the outcome in Rebellion was a huge improvement. Rather than questioning her own sanity because Madoka literally didn't exist in a form she could sense, Madoka at least exists in the same reality as her now even if they're not particularly close.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

That's misinterpreting things in order to make Homura look worse though. It's not simply that Homura wanted Madoka to only be happy the way Homura wanted. Homura also wanted to be happy herself, and despite it not being the happiest ending the outcome in Rebellion was a huge improvement. Rather than questioning her own sanity because Madoka literally didn't exist in a form she could sense, Madoka at least exists in the same reality as her now even if they're not particularly close.

Here's the thing: Madoka was on the verge on picking Homura up and taking her to magical girl heaven, where them staying together forever was an inherent fact. Instead, she used an offhand comment by memory-wiped Madoka to justify forcing the "normal" life she'd tried to give Madoka for so long on her.

To reply you must either login or sign up.