Forum › Yuunagi Marbled discussion

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Her enmity is largely understandable and justified, she could be a bit more forgiving

Her negative feelings for Mishio are indeed understandable, but understanding and justification are not synonyms. Only way Mishio can be held accountable for Rika's suicide is if she psychologically and/or physically bullied her into it. Like, what the hell, the bitch nurse purposefully used someone's suicide to make a student miserable, how in the world is that justified?? Also, "forgiving". What should she forgive? Granted, we do not know the details, but again, unless Mishio bullied the teacher into suicide (and let us be honest, does anyone see this as even remotely possible?), she is not responsible the latter offed herself, there is nothing to forgive.

The nurse's feelings are understandable, even nothing out of the ordinary with regards to the situation, but she still behaved like a massive cunt, and was not justified in doing so at any point. If you are an asshole towards someone because you have genuine emotional issues, you are still an asshole.

Also, Ena, what the fuck?! Where did that bravado from chapter 5 go?
"'Make-believe love. Make-believe!!' What an awful thing to say!! What's with her!?"
But now, suddenly, chapter 7 happens.

Oh, I just love it when a character starts over-analysing what someone obviously malicious said to them, and they get a sudden rush of shit to the brain. And of course, they do not talk about it with their lover, instead they start keeping distance, GUARANTEEING their lover will misinterpret them. Because Japanese people are emotional morons, with how often something like this crops up, this must be an actual quirk. "If presented with something troubling distance yourself, heavens forbid you try talking about it, oh, and if you are worried about someone and want to protect them, ignore them or behave like a total dick to them, BECAUSE OF COURSE, WHY THE FUCK WOULD THAT NOT WORK." (The last one is not applicable here, but I feel it is a part of the same package. A package I am sick of.)

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Urgh.. Here comes the obligatory "fight" part of the story.. I thought Ena was supposed to break that cliche, but I guess that's too much to hope for.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

ehh.. you think we can start tagging self harm stuff? I don't want to see triggering stuff like that

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

ehh.. you think we can start tagging self harm stuff? I don't want to see triggering stuff like that

Probably not the place for that discussion. Try the suggestions thread.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Probably not the place for that discussion. Try the suggestions thread.

okay

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Urgh.. Here comes the obligatory "fight" part of the story.. I thought Ena was supposed to break that cliche, but I guess that's too much to hope for.

Well it's kind of hard to keep your confidence when someone drops a lover-died-from-suicide bomb on you while flashing their cutting scars in front of your face. She just got a little shook. Ena will bounce back for sure.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Well, colour me surprised. I too would be a giant jerk if a friend of mine killed themselves and their significant other somehow played an important part on said suicide

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Suddenly, I feel bad for Ena. She's on the re-bound. This isn't good

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

To be fair, that's a pretty normal response when your partner brought up their "ex". Jealousy is a shitty thing

last edited at Jan 24, 2018 12:23AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Well it's kind of hard to keep your confidence when someone drops a lover-died-from-suicide bomb on you while flashing their cutting scars in front of your face. She just got a little shook. Ena will bounce back for sure.

My thoughts exactly. I think Ena's reaction was fair. She was able to keep her bravado because she didn't understand the seriousness of everything that had happened, but after hearing about ex-lover suicided and seeing Mishio's scars, she's like oh shit Mishio's problems go a lot deeper than I thought.

I think Ena is coming to terms with what Mishio's fears are and hearing about the suicide, she realizes that their love can have very real consequences. In a way Ena was playing at love and is now questioning what love is.

What happens from here on will show us if Ena will truly be the MVP of yuri MCs or if she'll be just as disappointing as the rest of them, but I have hope she will overcome this lil misstep! It's only been like a day so plenty of time for Ena to redeem herself!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

"You were the chosen one, Ena! You were supposed to break the angst-melodrama cycle, not perpetuate it!"

Ahem.

Anyhow, so far, I haven't seen any indication that Mishio's ex's suicide had been in any way related to her relationship with Mishio. I'm too lazy to re-read the early chapters, but IIRC Mishio's sexuality was just a rumor, not a public fact, so I don't think they have been publicly outed, causing the ex's suicide and Mishio's attempted suicide. I am more inclined to believe that the ex had hidden suicidal tendencies from the start, and, if anything, the relationship with Mishio held back those plans. This is indirectly supported by her dialogue in the flashback, when she turns down Mishio's request to go to the sea (which I believe was how she killed herself in the end, i.e. by drowning), since it seems to have occurred during their romance phase, when everything still looked storybook-perfect. Of course, from the nurse best friend's perspective, the causality of "friend gets girlfriend -> friend kills herself" may seem obvious, but I agree with the majority here that the nurse taking her grief out on Mishio is not very adult-like.

last edited at Jan 24, 2018 8:25AM

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

Lmao manga be so random.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Lmao manga be so random.

I see what you did there.

Her negative feelings for Mishio are indeed understandable, but understanding and justification are not synonyms. Only way Mishio can be held accountable for Rika's suicide is if she psychologically and/or physically bullied her into it. Like, what the hell, the bitch nurse purposefully used someone's suicide to make a student miserable, how in the world is that justified?? Also, "forgiving". What should she forgive? Granted, we do not know the details, but again, unless Mishio bullied the teacher into suicide (and let us be honest, does anyone see this as even remotely possible?), she is not responsible the latter offed herself, there is nothing to forgive.

My wording was wrong. To be more specific, it is though justified from the nurse's own perspective. When I said she could have been more forgiving, I meant in her spite towards Mishio, as in kinder, less violent if you prefer; once again, from her pov, Mishio is, at least partially, held responsible so there IS something to forgive on her part. I'm not talking about public, religious or broader morals, but something more intimate, more personal. You can hold a grudge against somebody even if morals or laws tell you that you should not, because they hurt you.

I can even go further : the little girl that you think is (partly) responsible for driving your best friend to commit suicide, is in front of you, what is she doing? She is getting all lovey-dovey with another girl only a year or months after said suicide, as if she had already turned the page. But I guess this point was already made clear enough.

More objectively, I don't know enough to judge. Yes, it's clearly unfair, almost despicable depending behind which character you place yourself, to be spiteful toward Mishio since she is clearly suffering because of this. She feels guilty and is deeply affected (self-harm and heavy depression), and I do feel very bad for her having to face this again because of the nurse, but I just wanted to put myself in the nurse's shoes, because she probably suffers as well.

Hopefully, Ena will be the support Mishio needs and the nurse will find way to accept what happened and be at peace.

This is indirectly supported by her dialogue in the flashback, when she turns down Mishio's request to go to the sea [...].

I'm just nitpicking, but she didn't outright turned Mishio's propositions down, she was more dismissive as in "maybe in the future if...", but I agree that it supports the fact that something was wrong. Was it already suicidal thoughts or just an apprehension regarding their situation, like she didn't want to engage too much in the relationship because of its nature; although they just slept together before this discussion, so it may have been a little too late for that...

last edited at Jan 25, 2018 9:18AM

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

At first I thought it's just some mysterious transfer student x school girl cute romance despite the dreary atmosphere but now it turned real dark. I have mixed feelings about it but plot is something I don't always come across to, half assed or not, so I'm leaning more towards positive..

Hopefully we get a good resolution to this, not just for the two of them but also for the nurse.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Read the raws. The teacher should have killed herself, just another cheating bitch who got her own happy ending by ruining someone else's.

last edited at Jan 24, 2018 11:37AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

What is love?
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Whoaw this just turned fucking 666 shades of dark what the f*ck?! I love it though but wtf. I'm just hoping Ena will figure out her feelings soon so she can support Nishio... Just... Fuck man, some dark shit.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Whoa this manga make them lover at first only to take steps backwards to friendship? Wtf...

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Chapter 5 and onwards redeemed the story for me. Now I'm expecting that it won't fall into a pure lover-saves-depressed-person trope. Greatly commend the explicit depiction of self harm. That's not common in any form of media. Loved chapter 6's poetic metaphor. Still feel like pieces are missing, however, even after reading chapter 7. Character motivations not clearly laid out. Specifically Mishio's. Going to have to draw a parallel between this and YagaKime. Seriously they're so similar. Because of stuff, these types of stories always make me contemplative.

There isn't quite as much complexity. They're relatively straightforward, and I don't know for example, how Ena's ambivalence will be resolved specifically, but I guess after the suicide revelation shock value wore off, I mentally rewrote my ideas of the characters into a new, but still predictable, form. Maybe that's not a fair evaluation. Somehow the more I think about them, the blanker they become. Rika-sensei killed herself, Mishio now has abandonment issues on top of her prior isolation, Ena has been challenged to figure out what love is; so what? What is the purpose of all this? Why should I care? It's like digging one layer deeper and hitting bedrock. Like that's it? They don't feel real. Darn. Guess I take back what I said about it defying my expectations. Feels very unsatisfying after the novelty wears off.

Akari
joined Apr 16, 2013

What the fuck, she didn't kill herself, just did the old "jk im getting married to some random dude" thing. Wow.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I SCREAM. INTERNALLY. BUT SCREAM. Aich, this manga it's just great ;^;

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

I genuinely felt a pang of affection when Mishio admitted to lying to earn a shred of Ena's sympathy. Sure, lying is bad, but this instance felt naive and somewhat endearing ... I really liked that part (and the part where MC doesn't just stand around wasting time as she realizes she may have made a mistake).

4c7222e9b7db2effca2db36c55ba748603b4b475_hq
joined Aug 27, 2017

YES ENA YES!!! this was so satisfying to read, I absolutely love this manga.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I wanted you to pity me more... O.o kinda sad...

last edited at Feb 2, 2018 4:26PM

joined Aug 10, 2016

oh so the teacher was just a shitty person taking advantage of a kid's sexual awakening.

To reply you must either login or sign up.