Forum › Yuunagi Marbled discussion

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

I gotta say I've fallen in love with this protag, she's the fucking cliche / trope destroyer. I feel like in every chapter when drama happens, she just doesn't give a shit and pushes through. When time I get worried she might run away and get into an emotional crisis like every other MC she just runs up to her edgy waifu and smacks some sense into her.

last edited at Jan 13, 2018 10:47PM

joined Aug 22, 2016

Have you actually read the manga? I love how people like to shit on a story they don't even know. Ah! good fun.

I've read Citrus and I am only commenting on the comparison of Mishio to Mei and Ena to Yuzu. Mishio and Mei can only be compared in that they are both seemingly aloof and both have difficulties, but otherwise their backgrounds and reasons so far are completely different. As for Ena and Yuzu, their personalities differ greatly where Ena has patience and observational consideration of others while Yuzu often has little of both. The two pairings are completely different from my point of view when considering what we know so far. Ena and Mishio are actually pretty good at communicating with each other.

If I'm to comment on Citrus itself, I'll do so in the Citrus discussion thread.

last edited at Jan 13, 2018 11:05PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I feel like this chapter is a repetition of previous chapters, but at least it still looks good... :L

joined Feb 2, 2016

Was nurse her ex girlfriend or what ?
What just happened to mishio

It getting interesting
Thank anyone how could explain to me chap 5

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

She is coming

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Jesus. Ena is the most anti-drama character I've ever seen. This girl defuses situations like she's been trained by a damn bomb squad. Yuri needs more professionals of her caliber.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Jesus. Ena is the most anti-drama character I've ever seen. This girl defuses situations like she's been trained by a damn bomb squad. Yuri needs more professionals of her caliber.

Lol @ trained by a bomb squad XD

Agreed though; I just hope she stays that way and whatever drama is coming, she can diffuse it.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I love Ena. She's the main character every shoujo story needs.

E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

Am I just paranoid, or is the whole "School nurse casually remarks that love between girls is just a phase" thing turning into a legit yuri trope? Seriously, I feel like I've seen SO many nurse characters in yuri stories throw this shit around. If it was just coming from teacher characters, I'd get it, but friggin' medical professionals should know better!

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Ok...so she has a slight problem with abandonment issues

Am I just paranoid, or is the whole "School nurse casually remarks that love between girls is just a phase" thing turning into a legit yuri trope? Seriously, I feel like I've seen SO many nurse characters in yuri stories throw this shit around. If it was just coming from teacher characters, I'd get it, but friggin' medical professionals should know better!

Based on the last time I read it, I believe the nurse only meant that it was make-believe for the transfer student. She mentioned the possibility that it might have been legitimate/serious for Ena, even if not the other girl. I could have understood it wrong, but that is how it seemed to me. It'll just require more story/background to tell for certain.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Isn't the "it's just a phase, she'll grow up soon" trope a typical japanese adult thing? Gay men are seen as funny because of tv shows, but women are seen as childish...

Anyway, I like Ena a lot. Every edgy character needs a down-to-earth girl. ^o^

last edited at Jan 14, 2018 12:48AM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Ok...so she has a slight problem with abandonment issues

Slight

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I've also seen that a few times. I think a couple of them it turned out that the female school nurse was herself gay and repressed, or had been bitten in love and was jaded, and thus just pushing her own emotional insecurities onto her students (so it's just part of the plot of the story, nothing to do with nurses in general).

But even if they're just honestly attempting to counsel students, it might make sense. Even in the US or other places where gay marriage is legal, there are hold-outs who believe for whatever reason that homosexuality is a choice. Medical professionals are still human and subject to their societies' norms. Even if the medical guidelines are updated (they're often not), individuals still have their own prejudices and schools.

If it's the school nurse's role to counsel students, then perhaps it is realistic that it would often be the school nurse who tells students that homosexuality is just a phase, and that they'd believe that doing so was part of their job and in students' best interests.

by the way, that's not what's going on in this particular story

Ushi-nooo
joined Aug 20, 2014

"Well this might look alright, but the taste is off. Just like me." God Mishio is so funny and dramatic lol XD

joined Aug 10, 2016

oh so the nurse isn't her ex, just a cunt.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I no longer trust school nurses and Ena is best girl.

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

Ena is the best! Truly worthy of Madoka's sacrifice!

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Again Dram Drama Drama im getting sick of it

joined Jun 12, 2015

"Well this might look alright, but the taste is off. Just like me." God Mishio is so funny and dramatic lol XD

+1

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

I gotta say I've fallen in love with this protag, she's the fucking cliche / trope destroyer. I feel like in every chapter when drama happens, she just doesn't give a shit and pushes through. When time I get worried she might run away and get into an emotional crisis like every other MC she just runs up to her edgy waifu and smacks some sense into her.

Bless Ena and bless you for this beautiful comment

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

The Bitch Sensei was right. Ena is what Mishio needs.

Faye_valentine_2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Tf with yuri nurses theres always a shitty nurse

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I've been feeling exactly the same way. Girl cuts through the angst like a cheerful chainsaw. So refreshing.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

So, the nurse actually isn't her previous lover as expected... she's just some random person who went to the same school and who's stirring up shit for absolutely no reason? Wow...

You know, I thought for sure that the chapter would begin with something like "Sorry, Ena, we're gonna ostracize you now 'cause we suspect you're gay," but I'm glad to see what actually happened was the exact opposite of that. Ena truly is the cliche killer.

To reply you must either login or sign up.