Forum › Motto Hanjuku Joshi discussion

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

I laughed about the futanari serious talk haha.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

This was as adorable as I remembered it. I'm so glad Hanjuku Joshi's getting a sequel! This is really recent too, so I'm definitely looking forward to where this goes.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

This was so cute and fluffy, my heart is on peace now

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

waaaahhhhh sequel...T.T good to be alive..one of my old favorites..

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

I'm so glad it got a sequel

But holy fuck those last pages had me Rolling, this author internets.

Capture
joined Feb 5, 2017

Sequel to what?

Edit: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/hanjuku_joshi
is this it? probably obvious, but just making sure.

last edited at Jan 13, 2018 9:10PM

joined Oct 17, 2016

One of my fav Yuri authors strikes back. ;P Btw, any chance "Holy Girl Paradigm" will get completed? :> @ Kaori: The Prequel is "Hanjuku Joshi". And yea, you should obviously read the Prequel first. ;) Spoiler: They end up together lol.

last edited at Jan 13, 2018 9:15PM

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Aw yiss, new Morishima.

joined Jan 14, 2015

Glad to get some Morishima and so glad it's a sequel to one of my fav series.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

That was some big downgrade. Did previous series and 1 year of dating not happen? Why the first chapter is about "you will surely get a boyfriend" and "but we are both girls"? That was pretty disappointing for first chapter of sequel.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

OH MY GOD WHAT DID WE DID TO BE THIS BLESSED?!

joined Jan 11, 2015

God I hope the plot of this isn't here's some random man for the more insecure girlfriend to get jealous over becuase im sick of that trope.

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

I hope there'll be a chapter with the student and teacher from the prequel.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

THIS IS SO FUCKING AWESOME I DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT HOLY FUCK YES ALL THE YES!!!!

This is it, the confirmation I died and ended up in manga heaven. There is just no other explanation.

Also, "real talk", lmao!

Edit: Now that the hype I felt when first seeing "HANJUKU JOSHI" SEQUEL has somewhat lessened, I actually think Nevri is right, it does seem like a downgrade. These insecurities they are having seem to come out of nowhere considering the original manga, and the fact Chitose's thoughts in this very chapter about how happy she is dating a girl mirror perfectly Yae's " because you are a girl" from the original run, make the whole thing appear even more like something out of left field.

last edited at Jan 13, 2018 10:47PM

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

If the student-teacher couple from the original don't have any appearances, I will be very disappointed.

Whale
joined Mar 1, 2013

I don't think it's a sequel. It's more like same situation in a different universe.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I don't remember what this is a sequel to but that was a freaking funny argument.

joined Feb 2, 2016

This second season or what
It was nice and funny when yea found out her girlfriend is going to boy school went crazy

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I don't think it's a sequel. It's more like same situation in a different universe.

Nope - it is obviously just a sequel - what would make you think that?

I'm very hopeful given how good the first one is - but the insecure boys talk was off-putting compared to how the first story ended. Maybe they wanted to do a sequel since it was so popular but couldn't think what drama they could have besides the old fall back of wanting a boy and only being a girl? (Even though Hanjuku josei was all about putting that dumb idea to rest.?)

Well, I say they came to terms with it in part one, but you could say since neither were around any boys, being so has made them unsure and worried all over??

Hopefully this insecurity over boys thing will be very short lived and the author will move on to other stuff.

last edited at Jan 14, 2018 9:07AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Sequel to what?

Edit: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/hanjuku_joshi
is this it? probably obvious, but just making sure.

Yup- sure is. One of the best yuri stories about - so go read it all right now :)

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

wow the art has gotten much nicer

Whale
joined Mar 1, 2013

Nope - it is obviously just a sequel - what would make you think that?

I'm very hopeful given how good the first one is - but the insecure boys talk was off-putting compared to how the first story ended. Maybe they wanted to do a sequel since it was so popular but couldn't think what drama they could have besides the old fall back of wanting a boy and only being a girl? (Even though Hanjuku josei was all about putting that dumb idea to rest.?)

Well, I say they came to terms with it in part one, but you could say since neither were around and boys, being so has made them unsure and worried all over??

Hopefully this insecurity over boys thing will be very short lived and the author will move on to other stuff.

Ohh, my bad. I skim through the first few pages and was a little confused with the story. Just got some time now to read the first chapter. Yea, I was wrong on thinking that it was from another universe.

joined Jun 12, 2015

That was some big downgrade. Did previous series and 1 year of dating not happen? Why the first chapter is about "you will surely get a boyfriend" and "but we are both girls"? That was pretty disappointing for first chapter of sequel.

Yae (as usual) is just insecure and jealous of Chitose. She is going to be in an all boys school after all! And the chapter ended with them declaring that they prefer girl's body and flattering each other.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The talk about boys was a bit weird, given how they've been going out for a year. But Yae has been established as a character who can be pretty insecure so it's not entirely out of left field.

I think what's bugging me about this, to the extent that anything is, is that it's way more fluffy so far than the original. The first Hanjuku Joshi had a lot under the surface about self-discovery, navigating your first serious relationship and, to some degree, grappling with the idea that being a lesbian is okay. So far, this one doesn't seem to have much of any of that.

I still like it though.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

h3x posted:

Yae (as usual) is just insecure and jealous of Chitose.

I get that Yae is a worrywart, but Hanjuku Joshi was all about coming to realization liking girls is fine and trusting each other. I'd buy it if Yae was worrying Chitose will be popular with girls, but her worrying she will find a boyfriend, because 2 girls dating won't last, just seems out of character. And to add insult to injury the first thing in the chapter is saying they dated for a year. If after all that happened in prequel and dating for a year Yae is still worrying Chitose will randomly break up with her over some boy she is well aware, Chitose is not attracted to, then their relationship is really weak. I thought their love for each other was stronger than that.

She is going to be in an all boys school after all! And the chapter ended with them declaring that they prefer girl's body and flattering each other.

Don't get me wrong, the whole premise of the chapter and argument at the end was funny. What was bothering me was it felt like it was at the expense of all the development they made previously. In any other manga those cliches wouldn't bother me, but Hanjuku Joshi already dealt with them, and in pretty unique way on top of that, so seeing it doing just what every other yuri manga there is doing felt like a big downgrade to me. Sure they got it over in 1 chapter, but imo it should never happen in the first place as they already get over it in prequel. I kinda feel it is for new readers to quickly establish their characters and thoughts in first chapter without having to read prequel (which is not uncommon practice, but depending on way it is done, I'm not fan of), but in this case for people who read prequel it felt really out of place.

Nezchan posted:

I think what's bugging me about this, to the extent that anything is, is that it's way more fluffy so far than the original. The first Hanjuku Joshi had a lot under the surface about self-discovery, navigating your first serious relationship and, to some degree, grappling with the idea that being a lesbian is okay. So far, this one doesn't seem to have much of any of that.

Hanjuku Joshi was pretty fluffy on its own. And they dealt with a lot of those heavy stuff in prequel so it is understandable it would open on more fluffy note. There are still things to explore, especially since now they dated for long period of time, but again, the way first chapter started gives you worries. Had author run out of idea and will just check all the cliches out of the list or they will try to create a interesting narrative again like in prequel. I wouldn't mind it just being pure fluff as long as character will feel like the same characters I grow to love. I'm hoping the series will pick up it's strengths again in next chapters.

last edited at Jan 14, 2018 11:12AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.