Forum › Nutmeg discussion

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Otsu Hiyori is the best! Well, one of the best. Both of them are so chill about being badmouthed, though, that is not natural for a highschooler...

I could be dead wrong but isn't this a thing in Japanese culture? I was even told it's impolite to to outright say "no." I think that's why blunt characters seem to be seen as odd sometimes in other stories.

I really like this chapter. this seems to be moving along very much how I'd like it too.

last edited at Dec 25, 2017 7:50PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Wlfking posted:

Otsu Hiyori is the best! Well, one of the best. Both of them are so chill about being badmouthed, though, that is not natural for a highschooler...

I could be dead wrong but isn't this a thing in Japanese culture? I was even told it's impolite to to outright say "no."

I'm not sure you quote right person, but yes, jps find it impolite to say straight no. They can still say no though, that is why they always start the respond with yes, like "yes, I won't do it" and stuff like that. Well basically they will usually try to find a subtle, gentle way to decline your offer. It become a common knowledge for a reason that if you ever have business with them and after giving your offer you will hear "I'll think about it", it means "There is no way I will agree to that". I don't think they are ok with being badmouthed though, especially since your reputation is usually a big deal in Japan.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Wlfking posted:

I could be dead wrong but isn't this a thing in Japanese culture? I was even told it's impolite to to outright say "no."

I'm not sure you quote right person, but yes, jps find it impolite to say straight no. They can still say no though, that is why they always start the respond with yes, like "yes, I won't do it" and stuff like that. Well basically they will usually try to find a subtle, gentle way to decline your offer. It become a common knowledge for a reason that if you ever have business with them and after giving your offer you will hear "I'll think about it", it means "There is no way I will agree to that". I don't think they are ok with being badmouthed though, especially since your reputation is usually a big deal in Japan.

Ah. Ok.
I was actually thinking them not being confrontational towards to people bad mouthing them was a common approach but now I realize that's probably not even what the person I was responding to was commenting on.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I really like this.... Thank you girls!!

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I was actually thinking them not being confrontational towards to people bad mouthing them was a common approach but now I realize that's probably not even what the person I was responding to was commenting on.

Indeed it was not, I meant that they do not seem to be actually bothered all that much. There are subtle hints they are not completely at peace with this, like when Yuuri avoids going back to the classroom in the previous chapter, or the fact Natsume's favourite spot is an empty stairway. But there is no anger or resentment expressed in their internal monologues.

last edited at Dec 26, 2017 1:36AM

joined Feb 18, 2015

Out of curiosity, what was the change in the first chapter? It's been so long since I read it that I had to re-read the chapter anyway and I don't know what the change was. :)

As it is, I'm enjoying the story. I'm looking forward to more!

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

zensunni posted:

Out of curiosity, what was the change in the first chapter? It's been so long since I read it that I had to re-read the chapter anyway and I don't know what the change was. :)

For some reason I flipped "tama" (occasionally) to "mata" (again) while reading kana, so instead of "Natsume-san too... don't you occasionally borrow notes from me?" I tl it to "Natsume-san too... won't you come borrow notes from me again". As I said it isn't that big of a difference, but it does change tone a bit. In both cases Yuuri accuses Natsume of using her, but in fixed line she is much more direct about it.

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

niceee

joined Mar 11, 2016

"Because I might try something" Lol that had me laughing. :D
I liked this author's some works. This here is one of them. The art is cute too. :)

joined Apr 28, 2016

zensunni posted:

(I'm still not entirely clear on how becoming a "yes woman" fits with wanting to be by oneself... I guess it is not wanting to stand out as odd and standoffish, like Natsume does, and going to the other extreme? One wonders if the people around her perceive the lack of sincerity?)

It wasn't really clear, but implication is that she in general prefers to be alone, but for some reason felt discomfort when being by herself in classroom full of people, which forced her to interact with people just to endure school time, and somehow along the line she ended up doing favors for everyone, because she tried to be too nice.

That reminds me of spending time with a group of strangers for some purpose and there being downtime and everybody forming groups and chatting. I might not have a strong desire to talk with the people and would rather spend the time reading or something but it would feel awkward to not engage someone in communication because it is expected that I do.

__ex_keine_kamishirasawa_keine_and_kamishirasawa_keine_touhou_drawn_by_rebecca_keinelove__dac6b62f1c1ee61618ab14504ccd5a1b
joined May 30, 2018

Is this still being scanlated or was it dropped?

__ex_keine_kamishirasawa_keine_and_kamishirasawa_keine_touhou_drawn_by_rebecca_keinelove__dac6b62f1c1ee61618ab14504ccd5a1b
joined May 30, 2018

smol_gill posted:

It is, but new chapters are not really that good.

Dang sucks to hear.

__kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn_by_uguisu_mochi_ykss35__6c703c362e7ad06d13079154bccd4fae
joined Jul 11, 2017

smol_gill posted:

Dang sucks to hear.

I felt that

64caf7b2-896b-4409-975b-cb83b31b664b
joined Mar 29, 2018

Was it dropped?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

smol_gill posted:

Really late reply, but when you say "not really that good" what exactly do you mean? I'm almost scared to find out, but...

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

So what happened to this?

joined Jun 12, 2015

Manga is on hiatus.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Manga is on hiatus.

The translation or the actual manga? Because the other comments said there are more chapters out and I took a look at the scantalators and the last thing they posted was an image from a year ago, I guess another scanlation team should pick it up

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Manga is on hiatus.

The translation or the actual manga? Because the other comments said there are more chapters out

As h3x said, the manga is on hiatus, but I think there's a chapter that remains unTL.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Manga is on hiatus.

The translation or the actual manga?

The manga, the translation will go on, only perhaps not the same team

joined Mar 15, 2017

There weren't any missed issues (it was in 2-5). And calling the chapters filler is nonsense.

joined Mar 15, 2017

Matter of opinions. Some stuff do happen, but there's barely any progression. In fact chapter 3 almost entirely revolves around regression.

You'd need to have a shallow way of thinking about "progression" in a romantic story for seeing it that way to even begin to make sense.

Icono%20daijishin%20pony
joined Mar 13, 2016

anybody knows if this "to be continued" was real?... ;_; this was getting soooo interesting OMG....

Icono%20daijishin%20pony
joined Mar 13, 2016

Manga is on hiatus.

The translation or the actual manga?

The manga, the translation will go on, only perhaps not the same team

Ah ok, thank you very much...

So where's the sequel?

To reply you must either login or sign up.