Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

joined Feb 18, 2015

That was dangerously close to a confession there Yuu... Be careful or you might give away your secret before she's ready to admit that she already knows that you love her too...

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

The beginning of the end. Let's hope it's a good one.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Characters communicating with each other, what heresy is this?!

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

baka-inu posted:

How can you deny her a kiss! Tsk kouhais this days

Back in my days the kouhais had to settle with just a look or a head pat from the onee samas, and they were damn grateful for that!!!

Seeing this comment as I'm reading Maria Watches Over Us LN series right now...

I get so tense seeing new chapters are out for this each month. I'm 50% excitement and 50% nervous dread. There series has regularly shown it not to do the expected norm so just never know what might happen each chapter.

I'm just really hoping we make it through the whole series. For some reason there is like a curse that yuri series that have more than a few chapters get dropped 3/4 or so the way through. Especially when things start approaching major culminations of the story. So many good ones just sitting in limbo now only part way done. Even the Maria Watches Over Us manga was never finished being translated of all things.

last edited at Nov 29, 2017 6:28PM

joined Apr 7, 2016

Everyone's pretty much saying what I have to say about this chapter, so the only thing I'll say is this: good for Yuu.

Denying the kiss was the right thing to do at that moment. I also really enjoyed how Yuu said "not now." Like, she's not going to completely deny Touko kisses, but she's also making it clear that it's not what Touko needs at that moment. I actually cheered when I read that part.

Seems like this series is wrapping, though. I'd say maybe another 5-10 chapters? Unless the author pulls a fast one and extends this to friggin' 50 chapters somehow, but tbh, I kind of don't want that. YagaKimi is one of those few mangas where I wouldn't be upset if it ended in the next 5-10 chapters simply because it's already that good of a story.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Seems like this series is wrapping, though. I'd say maybe another 5-10 chapters? Unless the author pulls a fast one and extends this to friggin' 50 chapters somehow, but tbh, I kind of don't want that. YagaKimi is one of those few mangas where I wouldn't be upset if it ended in the next 5-10 chapters simply because it's already that good of a story.

I might be wrong but I think there's just one volume left. The Seven Seas website lists five volumes, and we're at the end of the fourth. Bloom was definitely meant to have a finite length.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think that's one of the strengths of this series, developments can be unexpected but well foreshadowed and consistent.

Bloom Into You has become one of my standards for complex characters with "negative" and "positive" traits/moments equally balanced and who make decisions more because of who they are rather than what the plot requires.

Just wanted to say that I think that schuyguy and riverFlower have hit a couple of bullseyes here.

joined Nov 5, 2017

I might be wrong but I think there's just one volume left. The Seven Seas website lists five volumes, and we're at the end of the fourth. Bloom was definitely meant to have a finite length.

Chapter 28 marks the end of volume 5. Someone should edit the chapters section on this site. Also, Seven Seas and Amazon list 5 volumes because that's the number so far, they can't put like "10 volumes" since I think not even Nakatani knows how many volumes there will be at the end. So far neither Nakatani, her editor or Dengeki Daioh have said volume 6 (the next one) is the last (hopefully not, there are still things to see, ending it with Touko and Yuu becoming a couple would feel sooo bad). I want to see them dating and see my waifu Yuu as a gf ( I bet she would be cute af).
Nakatani stating she can't draw Touko and Yuu being lovey dovey yet gives me hope that she'll eventually show it later in the story after the main problem is resolved.

Also, I want to see a hot scene before it ends

last edited at Nov 29, 2017 9:07PM

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Chapter 28 marks the end of volume 5. Someone should edit the chapters section on this site. Also, no idea about Seven Seas, but I know volume 4 isn't out in english yet. And they are just translators not a reliable source. So far neither Nakatani, her editor or Dengeki Daioh have said volume 6 (the next one) is the last (hopefully not, there are still things to see, ending it with Touko and Yuu becoming a couple would feel sooo bad). I want to see them dating and see my waifu Yuu as a gf ( I bet she would be cute af).
Nakatani stating she can't draw Touko and Yuu being lovey dovey yet gives me hope that she'll eventually show it later in the story after the main problem is resolved.

Also, I want to see a hot scene before it ends

There is also the whole Sayaka and her feelings side to deal with that could be a volume in itself. Certainly not something to be handled right now in the middle of this play arc. Whether she finds out that Yuu and Touko are not just friends where she will have to accept and move on or the less likely scenario that Touko moves on from Yuu to having feelings for Sayaka (Not likely at all considering this chapter.). It is not going be something that can be wrapped up in a chapter or two.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Soo glad she stayed and listened after the 'No' instead of running off and misunderstanding <3

joined Aug 16, 2014

Its great seeing Touko coming to accept for who she is and listening to what yuu has been trying to tell her. Sigh another month for updates ...T.T

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Soo glad she stayed and listened after the 'No' instead of running off and misunderstanding <3

It's sweet and adorable but I still want another please forgive me chalk board message into discovering a rape in progress into fire extinguisher to the face.(Shoujo Sect)

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

It's sweet and adorable but I still want another please forgive me chalk board message into discovering a rape in progress into fire extinguisher to the face.(Shoujo Sect)

Somehow I think it's kind of hard to imagine Nakatani Nio, or at least YagaKimi, doing something as violent as the fire extinguisher stunt Shoujo Sect did.

Is there even an "enemy" in YagaKimi right now that deserves the fire extinguisher?

last edited at Nov 30, 2017 3:05AM

joined Mar 11, 2016

YuuTouko interactions are borrrring!
More of Sayaka, sensei and cafe manager would help. Yuu's friends finding she is dating Touko would make for an engaging chapter too.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Chapter 28 marks the end of volume 5. Someone should edit the chapters section on this site. Also, Seven Seas and Amazon list 5 volumes because that's the number so far, they can't put like "10 volumes" since I think not even Nakatani knows how many volumes there will be at the end. So far neither Nakatani, her editor or Dengeki Daioh have said volume 6 (the next one) is the last (hopefully not, there are still things to see, ending it with Touko and Yuu becoming a couple would feel sooo bad). I want to see them dating and see my waifu Yuu as a gf ( I bet she would be cute af).

Oh that's a surprise. I was actually expecting things to end relatively soon after the cultural festival occurred. I'm not sure I want it to continue until every possible plot point has been fully addressed or just to see Touko and Yuu be cute together. With how much this play has been built up, I would be disappointed if it didn't lead to a resolution. The play was introduced first chapter of volume 2. 4/5 of the story so far has revolved around it.

I realized this a while ago, but something I love about YagaKimi is that it makes yuri deeper than it usually is. Not that pure fluff, etc. stories are bad, they're my guilty pleasure, but this grand scale yuri just isn't usually done. Utena is the best example which pops to mind. They draw in so many elements of story telling and character development, powerful themes and relationships which transcend conventional cliches of romance and resonate more powerfully for it.

I want to see that powerful story begin and end as it should, with a clear purpose and idea behind it. Knowing that it exists because two women loved each other only makes the satisfaction sweeter. We've got popular works, shows, songs, poems, classics and epics galore about heterosexual love and the humanness behind it; I want more involving gay people. That really shouldn't be too much to ask for.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Wow that Yuu controntation scene realky surprised me. I always thought Touko striving to be like her sister was bad, but Yuu really laid it out how in the end that's okay and it's just who Touko is.

Touko being like her sister is perfectly normal, that's just what younger siblings do. Trying to be her sister, on the other hand, i.e. entirely suppressing her own identity and replacing it with (her incomplete knowledge of) that of another person, is extremely unhealthy.

How can you deny her a kiss! Tsk kouhais this days

Yuu just realized that quick gratification is not something Touko needs at that point (despite both of them obviously wanting that kiss). And being the good nurse she is, Yuu used Touko's desire as leverage to make her swallow some bitter medicine, which thankfully worked as intended.

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

YuuTouko interactions are borrrring!
More of Sayaka, sensei and cafe manager would help. Yuu's friends finding she is dating Touko would make for an engaging chapter too.

Sounds like it'd make for boring melodrama that'd take away from the entire purpose of the plot, actually.

I want to see that powerful story begin and end as it should, with a clear purpose and idea behind it. Knowing that it exists because two women loved each other only makes the satisfaction sweeter. We've got popular works, shows, songs, poems, classics and epics galore about heterosexual love and the humanness behind it; I want more involving gay people. That really shouldn't be too much to ask for.

Mai-HiME.

:^)

last edited at Nov 30, 2017 7:43AM

Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016

Yuu just realized that quick gratification is not something Touko needs at that point (despite both of them obviously wanting that kiss). And being the good nurse she is, Yuu used Touko's desire as leverage to make her swallow some bitter medicine, which thankfully worked as intended.

These are one of the best lines I've seen in the comments section :D

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Gotta believe in Yuu, who believes in me.

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

I'm super happy with the writing in this: it's so refreshing to see yuri characters truly understand and consequently communicate with each other. Plus, Yuu is showing an impressive understanding of her own needs as well as Touko's: not only she denies the kiss because it won't solve Touko's deeper problems, but she also did it out of self respect.
Although I like the genre even as is, I think it's wonderful to see how yuri explore more complex emotions and problems than just the 'standard' ones. Point is, I love this series and I hope it inspires many more interesting ones to come.

joined Sep 4, 2016

Anyone else get the feeling that this story won't end with the "happy ending" that most people will want? Something tells me that at the end of it all, Yuu will reject Touko.

joined Nov 5, 2017

Anyone else get the feeling that this story won't end with the "happy ending" that most people will want? Something tells me that at the end of it all, Yuu will reject Touko.

Why she would reject Touko?

joined Jul 29, 2017

Yuu score some points here, she gave Touko a reality check, something she was not aware of, that a lot of people at school like her the way she is.
The death of her sister forced her out of her shell, to become the person she is now, following in the sister footsteps.
She admired her sister right, so I would it be natural to follow the example she saw of her sister before her death. But a point must be taken that Yuu was careful not give a admission about her feelings towards Touko. She used the work I DONT DISLIKE the way she kisses her and telling her she loves her. So its not a open declaration about her feelings towards Touko.
I felt that Sayaka was about to get the boot from Touko, but she also came around to express her concerns and some of her feeling to Touko.
Sometimes Touko does not realize the support she has around her, until somebody has to point it out to her (Yuu).
Sometimes I wonder if the Yuki-Kun her sister former classmate had any interest in Mio before her death?
Questions and more Questions.............
What will this lead to ................

....The course of true love never did run smooth........W Shakespeare.

....the lady doth protest to much me think..............W. Shakespeare.

....Police Officer Ed Price to Cody (Streets of Fire) ...my plan fell to shit.... let see what you can do.......

last edited at Nov 30, 2017 10:14PM

joined Mar 24, 2016

c28 - gosh, this chap just gave me good vibes to tide me to the next chapter.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

yuu went full midoriya and was like kimi no chikara janaika.

last edited at Dec 1, 2017 3:41AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.