Forum › It Would Be Great if You Didn't Exist discussion

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Is that latin "semper" for her arm tattoo?

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

So now that finally explains the title of this webtoon. I always thought it was supposed to be said from one girl to another, which didn't make too much sense. But it actually refers to black haired girl, being said by her grandma (?). She might have this phrase stuffed into her memory and personality.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The best courtship is beating each other silly with non-lethal weaponry. ^__^

...provided you wear a Barrier Jacket.

Barrier Jackets just protect you from getting slammed against the walls and such. AFAIK the magical attacks themselves don't actually cause any permanent physical damage in Nanohaverse...

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

The best courtship is beating each other silly with non-lethal weaponry. ^__^

...provided you wear a Barrier Jacket.

Barrier Jackets just protect you from getting slammed against the walls and such. AFAIK the magical attacks themselves don't actually cause any permanent physical damage in Nanohaverse...

Notice the number of walls and bulkheads that gets smashed. Only reason Quattro survived that was because of her Silver Cape, which is cyborg equivalent to a Barrier Jacket.

Edit: Besides, it would be highly unusual to have a military based on non-lethal weaponry. Arc-en-ciel, the ship-carried magical wave motion gun, and basically the ultimate magical weapon TSAB has in its arsenal, is stated to be capable of obliterating everything in a 100 mile radius.

last edited at Nov 12, 2017 9:30AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I'd love to continue this discussion, but this is really the wrong thread for it... @Mods: Is it possible to move my and UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins' latest posts over to one of the Nanoha-related threads? If not, maybe we can continue it on the Nanoha wiki talk pages or something...

last edited at Nov 12, 2017 4:17PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'd love to continue this discussion, but this is really the wrong thread for it... @Mods: Is it possible to move my and UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins' latest posts over to one of the Nanoha-related threads? If not, maybe we can continue it on the Nanoha wiki talk pages or something...

Not really, no.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Not really, no.

OK. @UANAJC: If you'd like to continue the discussion of Barrier Jackets and Nanoha magic over at the Nanoha wiki, just drop me a note at my talk page.

last edited at Nov 13, 2017 1:14AM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Koveras
Alternatively, we could go here. It is an off-topic thread for this Forum, so basically we can discuss anything there. The place is almost completely dead at this point, so all the reason more no one would object.

last edited at Nov 13, 2017 6:55AM

joined Sep 12, 2014

So now that finally explains the title of this webtoon. I always thought it was supposed to be said from one girl to another, which didn't make too much sense. But it actually refers to black haired girl, being said by her grandma (?). She might have this phrase stuffed into her memory and personality.

Actually, after read all 64 chapters, I realize the title is for both of them, maybe more. It's could be in the past, or now, they thought about that.

last edited at Nov 20, 2017 7:58PM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Actually, after read all 64 chapters, I realize the title is for both of them, maybe more. It's could be in the past, or now, they thought about that.

I'm pretty sure it was in the past. Remember when they hated each other at the beginning because they were fighting over some douchebag?

joined Sep 12, 2014

Actually, after read all 64 chapters, I realize the title is for both of them, maybe more. It's could be in the past, or now, they thought about that

I'm pretty sure it was in the past. Remember when they hated each other at the beginning because they were fighting over some douchebag?

I mean, sure in the past they thought like that but even now, especially Guk Hwa, when problem happen, she consider her existence.

joined Apr 7, 2016

Actually, after read all 64 chapters, I realize the title is for both of them, maybe more. It's could be in the past, or now, they thought about that

I mean, sure in the past they thought like that but even now, especially Guk Hwa, when problem happen, she consider her existence.

I'm also caught up to the latest chapter, and judging by what I've been reading, it seems like a pretty broad title. I think we're initially meant to think that the title only counts for how Guk-hwa and Jang Mi first meet and how they hate each other at the start, but as we dig deeper into the story, we learn that they both experienced some pretty tough hardships that seem to have conveyed that message: Guk-hwa with her grandmother wishing she didn't exist, Jang Mi's classmates were jealous of her and some bullied her, etc. Heck, even Esther seems to experience some of that, too, what with her family drama and life choices.

Overall, it's meant to show that the two main characters have been told their whole lives that they aren't wanted, and finding each other and making a point that they want each other, despite their past baggage and flaws. In a weird way, it's...kind of sweet?

last edited at Nov 21, 2017 12:05AM

Akari
joined Apr 16, 2013

I'm really liking these fluffy moments lately after that whole ex-boyfriend fiasco.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I'm really liking these fluffy moments lately after that whole ex-boyfriend fiasco.

Why would you call it a fiasco? I think it was a rather well-executed arc and the protagonist succeeded in getting what she wants (for now), so I don't see how it is a fiasco from either in- or out-of-universe perspective.

joined Jul 20, 2011

And they keep being deliciously awkward <3

joined Mar 15, 2015

Is that latin "semper" for her arm tattoo?
It looks like it. Was she a Marine before ? ^^

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

I didn't expect this manga to become so adorable in the most recent chapters, it's a very appreciated turn of events.

19642653_1951141231771763_2417375312714862391_n
joined Aug 5, 2017

I FREAKING LOVE THIS SHIT

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Pumpkin~<3

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

this had probably the shitest development but i love it so much nonetheless

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Why would you call it a fiasco? I think it was a rather well-executed arc and the protagonist succeeded in getting what she wants (for now), so I don't see how it is a fiasco from either in- or out-of-universe perspective.

Are we reading the same series? That was almost hilarious how bad it was. Why'd she give him back the ring instead of selling it to cancel out his debts? Why'd he repeatedly attack her and the other girl in public? Why'd she agree to have dinner with him after he attacked the other girl? Why didn't they call the police on him? Why'd the author suddenly introduce the the asshole boyfriend's asshole friends? Why did that whole pile of shit just drag on for 23 chapters, when the ex-boyfriend was the least interesting part of the plot?

Sure, trying to present an inner dilemma for the character might make sense, but it was executed so horribly. We never saw any facet of her relationship with the guy that wasn't complete garbage - he's a cheating, mooching, lying, desperate, pathetic, violent alcoholic. If the author had wanted us to have any sympathy with her lingering feelings for him, then maybe showing us something for her to have feelings about might have made sense. But no. That's not what this story is about, that's why it started with her catching him cheating and ending the relationship. The rest was a foregone conclusion - it was obvious how it was going to end from the beginning, and nothing of value would have been lost if he had straight up disappeared immediately upon them breaking up the first time. As it is, this did nothing but make the main characters seem like lunatics for ever having any attraction to him in the first place.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

^ I can see your points from that point of view.

joined Apr 7, 2016

@schuyguy I agree. I feel like the author was in a rush to get the main story out and just wanted the reader to assume that Guk-hwa and her ex had a great relationship prior to the cheating, such as other characters commenting how they've been dating for almost four years (a sign of a serious, committed relationship) and sharing a credit card (also another sign). But that's sloppy because it doesn't give a solid foundation to the main conflict of this particular story arc. We're told as opposed to shown.

I think it would've helped to maybe show what happened before catching the ex-boyfriend in the act. Maybe establish what kind of relationship Guk-hwa and her ex had (i.e. were things getting rocky? Were they still close and in love? Was Guk-hwa maybe getting a weird feeling about his recent behavior?). They should've also recounted how the early and middle stages of their relationship was like (i.e. were they all lovey-dovey? Were they getting really serious? Serious enough to consider marriage?). We don't need a whole story arc; just a few flashbacks would be fine. And then have her catch him in the act.

And also, show how the ex-boyfriend acted around Jang Mi and show how Jang Mi met him. What were the circumstances like? Why did Jang Mi like him enough to flirt/go on a date with him? And then show Guk-hwa catching him in the act. And show Jang Mi's inner dialogue about it. Come to think of it, I don't think we're really shown her inner conflict about being--I hate using this term, but it's the best one I could come up with--a side chick. I think it would've made for interesting characterization and development if we were shown how she felt and thought about the whole situation.

I feel like doing something like that would make some of the main characters' actions make more sense and create some form of coherency and establish a solid foundation.

last edited at Nov 25, 2017 8:28PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

That was cute cuuuuuuuute very cuute

joined Nov 14, 2017

I agree with the posters above but I still really like this comic. I love the fact that both women are bisexual and that they're getting really invested in their relationship. Everything points that both of them are taking it seriously and the story is highly unlikely to end in surprise het. The people who can't see the clear direction the story has taken seem to have a problem with bi people in general.

To reply you must either login or sign up.