joined Dec 16, 2014

I kinda like this

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

i'll stick around and see where this goes

last edited at Nov 6, 2017 10:57PM

Ttkls2
joined Aug 13, 2013

I got a S H A F T feeling from this style of paneling and art direction, it was weird and I don't really like the jumping around I guess.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I enjoy everything I've read from this author. This feels somewhat different, but it looks interesting.

joined Sep 11, 2014

I guess a Shaft-style manga isn't a very good idea. Feels like it's all over the place.

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

kinda weird with the jumping, but it sorts itself out well enough.

joined Aug 10, 2016

this felt nice and also SHAFT-like, but knowing this author tragedy will hit at any minute.

Arisu%20avatar
joined Jan 30, 2017

Remember kids, don't drug yourselves with Monogatari before drawing your lesbian mangos.

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

woah woah woah yui7's doing a series?
After reading: that got lewd real fast lol

last edited at Nov 6, 2017 11:56PM

joined Jul 30, 2014

CUTE
U
T
E

La Aoi Beau Chico
Boy%20blue
joined Oct 9, 2016

I didn't get it... I mean, this is just my theory... Is the title related to Nonoka not knowing how to describe the feeling she feels with Akane-ne, or.... ya that's my only perspective atm.. tsk

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

You know, I've never seen a SHAFT-styled manga before. I kind of like it, but it's not really a good direction for a mangaka already prone to incoherence

Letty
joined Oct 19, 2017

it's like reading bits and pieces of chat logs of people we're already supposed to know without it really feeling like anything's coming together at all
it's not bad just, very confusing and weird
the first chapter felt like bits of conversations of 6 chapters and every conversation bit felt like it came straight out of something Akiyuki Shinbo directed

last edited at Nov 7, 2017 12:40AM

joined Apr 15, 2013

Hopefully it becomes easier to follow as the series continues and we all get used to its style of storytelling.

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Wow she is totally me I literaly went thru everything she did in college from just giving up to going out alone and pushing people away dam I hope she finds herslef faster then me (still hasnt)

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

I didn't get it... I mean, this is just my theory... Is the title related to Nonoka not knowing how to describe the feeling she feels with Akane-ne, or.... ya that's my only perspective atm.. tsk

Ididnt get it either. it was a completely waste of time, on top of that Ididn't even emotionally invested yet in all these characters. why would I care? dang it, Ihate this kind of story. we can't just go straight into the meat, first of we'll need build up into that dude *sigh

joined Apr 27, 2017

Yui7
Double check for angst and tragedy tags
Hmm that went better than I expected

Img_20181119_160655_757
joined Feb 17, 2016

Why is shaft writing a Yuri manga

Nozomi
joined May 11, 2017

First of all very nice job. I liked how the passage of time was done with Oomori going from going to "person you met at a park bench" to "person you visit a love hotel with". The sex scene was also well done.

Second, and other people have pointed this out also, this reads like it was made by Shaft. I didn't think it could ever work for manga because of all their crazy visual effects but it actually works well.

Definitely looking forward to more.

joined Jun 6, 2017

I’m conflicted. I don’t know why, but I’m having mixed feelings with this one, especially that dark-haired character with long bangs during the sex scene. Everything moved so fast than what I’m used to and I feel like the only character beside the MC that I didn’t have problems with was Shou. The other two seems like they’re plotting something with the way everything’s progresssing.... please tell me it isn’t just me that’s feeling this way

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Most of the "jumping" seems to be only in imagery - when she says "I play the guitar" there's a picture of her playing the guitar instead of a picture of her saying "I play the guitar", and so on. It gives a feeling of disconnection. The sex scene feels the most "present", where the drawings very clearly show what is going on at that moment with a clear perspective. I wonder if that was for literary effect, or just because the author wanted nice-looking sex.

Other than that, the story moves straight forward from one scene to another. Maybe there are fewer between scene transitions, but the structure is linear without any major skips or backtracks. I don't think it's difficult to follow, just somewhat stylized.

last edited at Nov 7, 2017 2:57AM

totalbodyworkout
joined Aug 7, 2017

It's pretty interesting to see how divisive the style has been among readers so far. I kind of get it, there were a few points where I had to pause and puzzle over the timeline of events, but I sort of agree with schuy here in the sense that the line between figurative and literal imagery is clear enough to not significantly disrupt the flow of events, at least in my opinion.

One of the reasons I really wanted to translate this was the sex scene, because I liked the immediacy of it. I felt that the complexity of emotions at play gave it an interesting feeling, with Nonoka having an experience with the one thing that is supposed to give her all the answers to her questions about love, friendship, and intimacy, realizing that she learns nothing from it even if it wasn't in itself a negative or unenjoyable experience. There's also something unique about the way Yui7 draws sex in her comics, with character models, linework etc. warping and distorting to signify physical pleasure.

The story around it seems pretty interesting too. I feel like Nonoka's life as an isolated, listless underachiever is pretty relatable, and I think there are a lot of compelling character dynamics at play. I poked around Yui7's Twitter and there are a couple of posts from June where she describes the characters. Nonoka's a "protagonist who doesn't smile", Akane's a "rich-kid senpai who is the type to spontaneously ask if someone's a virgin" and whose true motives are currently unknown, Aoi is "currently" Nonoka's friend, and is a "ps*cho b*tch" whose least favorite thing is men. Shou-chan suffers from a "lack of presence" and it's currently a secret that she's ********.

Well, I'll jump right on it whenever Yui releases another chapter, and we'll see if this story breaks the Yui7 curse of bad ends to great stories...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Funny how even before reading the comments here, I thought "this kinda reminds me of Monogatari".

The first 4 panels of this page https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nameless_fruit_ch01#12 were so Hachikuji & Araragi like.

"Shitsure... kamimashita..."

joined Aug 11, 2014

Jeez, there's being inspired by a style, and then there's literally putting speech in blank cutaway panels, having a character jokingly stutter by repeating syllables in a person's name, and sticking random monochrome pictures of food in at unexpected places. Even the meandering, off-beat rhythm of the dialogue is the same. I don't know how I feel about this. I guess it kinda helps if I think of it as basically being a Monogatari doujin, except instead of using existing characters and story elements, it uses existing jokes and styles, but... Eh.

last edited at Nov 7, 2017 3:47AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The narration is so purposefully disjointed, I was wondering whether it's meant to show that Nono has some kind of memory problem, however, she seems fine and it's just a stylistic choice?

To reply you must either login or sign up.