Forum › Double Bind discussion

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

My heart

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

This is VERY realistic in my experience. It's sad that life is like this, but this is the way people who love each other often are.

To some it might seem crazy that Emi still wants to get back together, but that really is the way most of us are. Trust me, when the person you're in love with says they'll take you back, logic becomes meaningless.

last edited at Nov 1, 2017 4:55AM

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

THIS SUCKS! I mean, it remind me of my love life. Lol

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

This is VERY realistic in my experience. It's sad that life is like this, but this is the way people who love each other often are.

To some it might seem crazy that Emi still wants to get back together, but that really is the way most of us are. Trust me, when the person you're in love with says they'll take you back, logic becomes meaningless.

I know they're real, that's why i hate that kind of person that can dumb their mate just for a moment of "fun" and then want to get back? I feel bad for Emi, who knows when will that black hair girl want to have fun again?

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

My heart

mah sole

Severa%20icon
joined Sep 3, 2016

ouch. this one hit way too close to home.

we ended up staying broken up, but we are still friends.

i kinda liked this. but ouch.

joined Jun 12, 2015

I hope she will not go back to her. The worst thing to do.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I mean no offense. But can people "in love" be really this..like Emi?

Oh, definitely. Being truly in love is like having a part of the other person interwoven with your own self, and the process of "falling out of love" is either a rapid and extremely traumatic experience, or a slow and laborious process of removing every trace of your lover from your soul, depending on the person. Emi obviously took the latter path, and as themusicman500 said, if the person you are still in love with (read: who is still lodged in your goddamn soul) says they want you back, it takes a special kind of willpower and self-restraint to say no to them. Emi, like so many people, doesn't have them.

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

This manga is one reason I am afraid of relationships

joined Jul 18, 2015

Why take back people like this when you've no security or trust anymore? They can pull out at any moment and they know that you'll take them back anyway. Seems like a toxic relationship to me. I don't get all the "it's good because it's realistic" comments. I'm very sorry for you if that is your reality and you're being strung around like that.

last edited at Nov 1, 2017 8:06AM

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

I don't get all the "it's good because it's realistic" comments. I'm very sorry for you if that is your reality and you're being strung around like that.

We find it more realistic because we're seeing a story where the asshole who's constantly screwing her "Girlfriend" over is finally being told that what she's doing is wrong. It's more realistic because in real life you don't simply take someone back after they break up with you out of nowhere, then one day they just come back and act like you and them never broke up in the first place. It's good to see that realism applied here.

joined Jan 8, 2014

I thought this was really good! So realistic, like "real life" tag is needed ^_^
Both if them will be so much closer after the fact...they both learned so much...and yeah communication is key

joined Jul 18, 2015

The implication is that they get back together in the end because that's all Emi wants despite everything, she's too weak to what's best for her. Did I interpret wrongly? So when people write it's good because it's realistic that automatically translates to people accepting that cheating and getting back with cheaters is good and realistic. It might be good for the cheater, sure, but no one else. Trust is destroyed and there's always the possibility of cheater doing it again because he/she was already taken back once so why not again?

Then again english is not my native language so I might be losing something in translation.

last edited at Nov 1, 2017 9:31AM

joined Aug 28, 2016

The implication is that they get back together in the end because that's all Emi wants despite everything, she's too weak to what's best for her. Did I interpret wrongly? So when people write it's good because it's realistic that automatically translates to people accepting that cheating and getting back with cheaters is good and realistic. It might be good for the cheater, sure, but no one else. Trust is destroyed and there's always the possibility of cheater doing it again because he/she was already taken back once so why not again?

Then again english is not my native language so I might be losing something in translation.

People who like it are saying that it's a good story, not necessarily a good outcome for the characters.

And in fairness, Mayu didn't actually cheat on anyone. She broke up with Emi before getting together with random dude, and then she broke up with random dude before going back to Emi. You could say she's still flighty and unreliable, and it's probably a bad idea for Emi to take her back even though she obviously will anyway, but she hasn't actually betrayed anyone. She's just kinda bad at relationships.

last edited at Nov 1, 2017 9:44AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I don't get all the "it's good because it's realistic" comments. I'm very sorry for you if that is your reality and you're being strung around like that.

We find it more realistic because we're seeing a story where the asshole who's constantly screwing her "Girlfriend" over is finally being told that what she's doing is wrong. It's more realistic because in real life you don't simply take someone back after they break up with you out of nowhere, then one day they just come back and act like you and them never broke up in the first place. It's good to see that realism applied here.

Are you being sarcastic?

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I thought this was really good! So realistic, like "real life" tag is needed ^_^
Both if them will be so much closer after the fact...they both learned so much...and yeah communication is key

To be honest, I don't think Mayu has learned anything and it doesn't seem liked she has even tried to understand what she put Emi through. Her last line is at least some lipservice she wants to find out what she has done, but really, if she really has no inkling what she did to Emi, she's a lost cause.

I think it's an okay story, but the leaving partners in these break-up/bisexual break-up stories have always struck me as being two-dimensional. I can't really care about Emi's introspection when all that Mayu is is something that seems to be summed up as being "free and honest(?)", whatever that means. In a way, Mayu, that "Selfish Fuzz" girl and that goat girl from "Strange Babies" are suffering from the same state of being braindead.

But there are people like that out there. I know a guy whose sexfriend is a woman who has been in a relationship with her girlfriend for seven years. Back when they got together, she "negotiated" the right to sleep around with guys. Apparently now, seven years down the road, is the first time she plays that card and from what I've heard, her girlfriend isn't really happy about that and things are about to fall apart. I have no idea how you can do that if you value the other person. And yes, I did tell that guy he's a jackass for being a part in the whole fiasco.

last edited at Nov 1, 2017 10:06AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

In real life, once something is broken, it can't be repaired.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

It reminded me of Ohana Holoholo, but in spite of the latter, I don't think there is much character developement here... A Oneshot is just the wrong format for this kind of story.
Mayu was a huge bitch and she lacks the empathy to even see why. I'd probably not take her back. Or if I was in Mayu's place I hope I'd have the decency to set my ex free at least.

joined Mar 20, 2017

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

well, it depends. There was a time when people didn't throw everything into the trash right away and tried to fix it. It often worked. (I'm not talking relationships, though)

In the case of this story I'd agree. i can see the realistic continuation of this:

• the two living happily together
  • Mayu talks to a guy (any guy)
  • Emi gets jealous, huge fight where none of the girls feel like it was their fault
  • Emi constantly being afraid to be left again
  • Mayu not thinking it is a big deal
  • reconcilation sex
  • repeat until fight is too big to be solved by reconcilation sex
  • stay together grumpily

• The End

(if you now tell me to please never write stories... you are probably right. :P )

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

^This is not a story. This is how most dysfunctional couples play out.

Except with het couples, they stay together "for the kids".

joined Mar 20, 2017

@Melon Emi is not the kind that can easily get jealous, but she will get straight to the 4th step

last edited at Nov 1, 2017 10:37AM

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Haha yep, because in real life, hardly many people can put down their ego and be willing to reveal all of their insecurities to other human beings... I guess mutual trust is often an issue.

But to be honest, I hope the this the last page of this one shot leads to a happy ending.(it sort of implies so to me) Not trying to get into the argument of whether the betrayed should embrace the betrayer or not, but just based on the fact that these two people are still in love with one another, that alone is sufficient for them to give their relationship a second chance. Trust? That is something they will have to start all over again if both are sincere and determined. It would be such a shame to end a relationship like that, especially when one already realized her mistake.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Eh?? It's that the end?

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I think for these two, whoever falls in love with them is the third party. For Mayu, a guy will never satisfy her. For Emi, a woman will be accused of being a manipulative bitch. So, they will always find each other even how toxic it is.

To reply you must either login or sign up.