Forum › Ohana Holoholo discussion

Happy%20face
joined Oct 12, 2016

Ah yissss. Update from my favorite series and its full of more of that sweet, sweet angst we all love. Sweet Michiru continues to look for affirmation in all the wrong places and Maya's being self-destructive again. But the moments of sweetness between them are still very sweet.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Why only 1 chapter?? T^T

last edited at May 7, 2017 7:02AM

Sachiko-Kawaii Uploader
Kawaii Scans
joined Nov 28, 2013

Why only 1 chapter?? T^T

Because that's all that was ready. :) I cleaned/redrew the next 4 chapters last night though and translation for chapter 18 is nearly complete. As soon as it is we'll get it ready to go. I think the next handful of chapter will make fans very happy. :)

joined Jan 8, 2014

Why only 1 chapter?? T^T

Because that's all that was ready. :) I cleaned/redrew the next 4 chapters last night though and translation for chapter 18 is nearly complete. As soon as it is we'll get it ready to go. I think the next handful of chapter will make fans very happy. :)

Whew! I was ready to beg for a quick release...
That cliffhanger has got me all twisted! Whats gonna happen next! ^_^

joined Dec 19, 2016

Oh nice, this is getting translated again.

I've seen the raws and...

I think people will be pleased. If I remember correctly, while the one with the kid tries desperately to get back the glasses girl. Glasses girl goes and gets herself a boyfriend. Eventually though she realizes she still loves the girl with the kid and they end up together.

joined Sep 19, 2014

Yes I can't wait for next chapter!! I really love this manga I thought it was dropped or something so thank you for this new chapter ^^

Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

i definitely think that maya is a trans woman. just because the manga hasn't acknowledged it yet doesn't mean that they won't, and even if it doesn't make a huge deal out of it that's great too. trans people exist and should still be featured in stories that don't revolve around the fact that they are trans! they have other character traits as well yanno

and with ch13 i think it's even more plausible. she was basically disowned and cut off by her parents, wasn't she? i bet it's because she came out as trans. it might've been because she came out as lesbian but there is still a strong possibility that she is trans. all of her flashback depictions follow a realistic timeline of her transitioning after high school, with her growing her hair out and wearing more feminine-looking clothing. and i still think that hidesuke not recognizing her is a big sign. and the "maya is trans" theory would make hidesuke bisexual as well! not very far-fetched in a story where the three main characters are all basically confirmed bisexual

The implication that Hidesuke is bisexual is only possible if you are assuming Maya was a man...which is a grossly inaccurate understanding of trans* people.

Hidesuke is attracted to women, which would make him het. If maya is trans*, then regardless of appearance, she was never a man. I don't want to get into it much more beyond that cause forum arguments on dynasty-not my cup of tea-but we gotta be more accurate in our understanding of gender identity and sexual orientation.

Also this chapter made me go back and reread the series cause it's been 9 months. I forgot how much I love Maya. I just want m&m to realize their undying gayness for each other. Please? Thanks.

im well aware that maya was never a man but i said hidesuke would be confirmed bisexual based on the assumption that maya was not out during high school and she presented as a man. if i, a lesbian, were attracted to a pre-transition trans man who was not out at all and presented to others as a woman, that would not make me any less lesbian, even though i was attracted to a male human being.

jsyk, the asterisk after "trans" is unnecessary and some say it is problematic.

Happy%20face
joined Oct 12, 2016

if i, a lesbian, were attracted to a pre-transition trans man who was not out at all and presented to others as a woman, that would not make me any less lesbian, even though i was attracted to a male human being.

So, we usually talk about sexual identities in terms of the actual genders claimed by the bodies, not matter how subversive or atypical the presentation of those genders - because normal, vanilla flavors of presenting masculinity and femininity are both restrictive and often undesirable. It feels a little cringe inducing when we start coding whether a gender presentation passes as sufficiently masculine or feminine to be considered authentic to lesbian desire versus bisexual or straight desire. None of this is to say that gender presentation is unimportant to sexuality, it is, but its unhelpful when it becomes a gatekeeper.

joined Apr 30, 2014

Should there be a drama tag on this series? I'm starting to think there should be one.

Vamoaver
joined Apr 16, 2013

yayy things are getting interesting! i'm looking forward to the next chapter (also Yuuta is so cute... )

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

If there's two adult women who suck more at communicating than this two, let me know to avoid them like the plague

Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

if i, a lesbian, were attracted to a pre-transition trans man who was not out at all and presented to others as a woman, that would not make me any less lesbian, even though i was attracted to a male human being.

So, we usually talk about sexual identities in terms of the actual genders claimed by the bodies, not matter how subversive or atypical the presentation of those genders - because normal, vanilla flavors of presenting masculinity and femininity are both restrictive and often undesirable. It feels a little cringe inducing when we start coding whether a gender presentation passes as sufficiently masculine or feminine to be considered authentic to lesbian desire versus bisexual or straight desire. None of this is to say that gender presentation is unimportant to sexuality, it is, but its unhelpful when it becomes a gatekeeper.

"presented to others as a woman" is based completely upon the assumption that they identify, at least to the public, as female. im aware that gender identity corresponds to one's personal labels and nowhere did i intend to say or imply that "presenting as a woman" is defined by how feminine someone looks. im on tumblr, i know my goddamn queer studies basics, i dont get why people on this forum keep trying to school me on shit ive been knowing.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

It sometimes disturbs me that people who are into trans issues are very picky about certain aspects of how to describe the ways people inhabit gender roles but talk like they unthinkingly accept the idea that those gender roles themselves are essential underlying things. It's like to do the trans project we've forgotten everything we learned from second wave feminism.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It sometimes disturbs me that people who are into trans issues are very picky about certain aspects of how to describe the ways people inhabit gender roles but talk like they unthinkingly accept the idea that those gender roles themselves are essential underlying things. It's like to do the trans project we've forgotten everything we learned from second wave feminism.

Y'all mean second wave folks like Janice Raymond, Germaine Greer (although she's improved lately), Sheila Jeffries, Julie Bindel, the folks who ran MichFest, and the fake goth herself? Gee, I can't imagine why trans folks might be reluctant to turn to the second wave for role models.

joined Jun 3, 2014

This is what I live for.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ohana_holoholo_ch19#22 man if that grandma was my mom I would disown her after that.

Vamoaver
joined Apr 16, 2013

I think i'm going to die after that chapter ending

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Well it updated, and my heart is certainly in pieces.

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

phew, close one there, we nearly had a bad Het end on our hands.

last edited at Oct 17, 2017 5:40AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Meh, was really hoping for Maya to keep up the ruse for longer than a day to teach Michiru a lesson.

One of the very few series that have me rooting for het end. Maya deserves better.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Nope..not hoping for het ending not because I love yuri more. Yes, Maya deserves happiness but I don't think she will be really happy resorting to that option.

But I would be glad if she kept it a bit longer(tho it's unfair to the guy xD). I just wanna see Michiru fights hard to win her back and realize how really important she is to her so she won't take her for granted..again..

last edited at Oct 17, 2017 9:11AM

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

I expected this plot point to get dragged for a complete volume. I'm glad I was wrong.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

It's interesting how their roles started to reverse a bit. Michiru has come a long way from, "It's naïve to think that something like having a kid would make me able to become an adult." Sure, she still needs a lot of work, but she's finally trying. Maya, on the other hand...accepting Kuwabara's proposal for all the wrong reasons. Rarely does a fictional character get me so riled.

Thanks for the new chapters. Still one of my faves.

P.S. I think there's a typo on the cover page: "Saya" instead of Maya?

last edited at Jul 6, 2020 9:46PM

Nao%20smug%20face
joined Feb 1, 2016

Damn, I actually wish for het ending, probably because I really hate Michiru.

joined Apr 30, 2014

So that was the plan the whole time!

To reply you must either login or sign up.