Forum › Laika, Pavlov, Pochihachikou discussion

joined May 14, 2013

That was a nice, cute read.
Not sure if Yuriko is really using her or not, though... She seems selfish, kind of.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Mmmm, can't say I like this. (I don't like most of the stuff from this mangaka >_>)

There is clearly no mutual love, the protagonist just wants to be loved and does not love back, looks at her as a cute puppy, using her. I see no sign of it being mutual.

last edited at Apr 1, 2014 8:31PM

Arr-pirate-lionfb
joined Sep 9, 2013

I laughed at the bit at the end. I'd be a little creeped by her. Just a little when it came to the hair bit.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The omake page was good, but the rest was kinda lonely really. Not a bad story necessarily, it just had that feeling about it. I usually like the mangaka's work, too.

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

I like she was using her as well, I could definitely go for a 2nd part to this. If one existed !

Thank you very much Yuri projects for always working so hard on everything you guys post ♥♥♥♥ keep up the good work you guys are amazing♥♥♥♥ thank you thank you thank you =)

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

She's learned to love Koro, it's just that at first she's testing her. And the reason she's comparing Koro to a little dog, aside from she's really like one, we've seen that Yuriko had that dog stuff toy she really liked back then. On Koro's part, she even stated that she's glad to be of use to Yuriko. And the last part, blushing Yuriko while teasing her beloved is just too adorable.

candy76041820
%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

"Dog, Ieyasu, Schrödinger."
- Misaka Sister #10032

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

She's learned to love Koro, it's just that at first she's testing her. And the reason she's comparing Koro to a little dog, aside from she's really like one, we've seen that Yuriko had that dog stuff toy she really liked back then. On Koro's part, she even stated that she's glad to be of use to Yuriko. And the last part, blushing Yuriko while teasing her beloved is just too adorable.

Very well explain! =)

Rin
joined Apr 1, 2014

I think this Mangaka likes it to leave it a bit open, He mostly makes unsatisfying endings or he wants us to think about the ending and the one-shot more. Nevertheless, it doesn't matter really I still like his art and stories

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

It is nice to have the occassional story about an unhealthy relationship inbetween the fluff

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

Pretty cute! Though is she using her or what... ahahaha

Luci%20skyline%20(icon%20200)
joined Feb 28, 2013

I think this Mangaka likes it to leave it a bit open, He mostly makes unsatisfying endings or he wants us to think about the ending and the one-shot more. Nevertheless, it doesn't matter really I still like his art and stories

I believe the mangaka is female.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

That's...not a healthy relationship. No, not even a little.

It's sad, too, because there's definitely potential in a longer story about overcoming that. But from this author? Yeah, not a chance.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

On one side, stories like these hurts me a little bit due to uncertainty and very high chances of the relationship failing. On another, I love these for making me feel so.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I saw your picture and just thought, "What? I haven't commented on this one yet, I just read it!"
Anyway...
Leaving it open ended gives me both nice and uneasy feelings. There's the hope that it will work out and be a nice happy ending, but then there's the feeling that it could very, very easily not end up that way. Of course, I like to hope that it ends up happy in the long run for the sake of my sanity.

joined Apr 14, 2013

Very nice read imo

joined Nov 11, 2010

lol, it's fine, isn't it? A bit of unhealthiness adds some intrigue. I'd enjoy a story about the characters becoming more properly closer together but their current state is also kinda cutely dysfunctional.

As an aside, Yotsuhara Fumiko's art has gotten really cute. I really like the style she's used for this collection, it's good stuff.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

blech! Didn't really care for Koro's answer to "do you love me." I guess if Nabe were a bone, then Koro's answer would fit. I guess it just plays into the overall theme.

however, I love Wikipedia. thanks to it, I think I finally understand the meaning behind the title. however, can someone clarify the definition of Puchi/clear up how Puchi is used in reference to Puchihachikou?

last edited at Apr 2, 2014 12:01AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I was liking it throughly, until after the angst breakdown and the chick went all "Hotel, now!", then it just became weird

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Pretty cute and is obvious than the love is mutual, is just than both of them don't know to really express it on a manner everyone would consider normal. Is just different.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I saw your picture and just thought, "What? I haven't commented on this one yet, I just read it!"
Anyway...
Leaving it open ended gives me both nice and uneasy feelings. There's the hope that it will work out and be a nice happy ending, but then there's the feeling that it could very, very easily not end up that way. Of course, I like to hope that it ends up happy in the long run for the sake of my sanity.

Oh lol. I was like what? Why'd you comment on your own comment? Turns out you two just have the same Himeko x Chikane profile avatar.

I think the two like each other too. It's just that one of them has a bit of a princess problem, and the other is just naive and inexperienced.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I really don't remind how manipulative Yuriko is, because they're both pretty screwed up. They kind of suit each other that way, since Naoko is a super creep.

Kikyou%20x%20kana
joined Oct 31, 2013

Cute!!!~~ <3 I also want a cute little dog on my own~~~
Well, i just dont get the title though.

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

It's too CUTE!! I can't take thiss s s !!

Kjraze
joined Mar 3, 2014

Yeaahhh, I couldn't really get into this story because the characters were just amazingly... flat? And not even particularly in a cute way. The pretty girl wants unconditional acceptance and love more than she's willing to give it. It really does remind me more of an owner and pet relationship more than a healthy normal one :/ Even if she was comparing the shy girl to her old stuffed animal dog, the way she forces herself on the other girl just unacceptable in not even considering her feelings. At all. And that isn't any sort of loving relationship.

Although the nerdy girl is even creepier. Going out of her way to help her studies and know her schedule and past history too well. She is just asking to be stepped on :/ And that just leads to disrespect and bad news. I don't know if she would ever stand up to her crush--which can't ever end well.

But I suppose in a way they match :( overall this one left a bad taste in my mouth. (thanks for translating and posting though! It's always interesting to see a wide variety of stories and styles!)

To reply you must either login or sign up.