Forum › The Feelings We All Must Endure discussion

joined Dec 19, 2016

leann123 posted:

You have a point, but still Remi egged her on to go down that path. She seems like she's good at doing that.

Agreed, the point being that Sacchi's still the one who chose to act so. Repeatedly.

Remi plays the devilish tempter role in the story: she leads people into temptation, but they choose whether to resist or to give in. Blaming Remi for Sacchi's intentional infidelity is like blaming Satan for your own crimes: sounds legit to a guilty mind, but is total bollocks to an impartial observer.

I still don't consider it infidelity. Just kind of betrayal of Ruki's feelings because she intentionally was seeing Remi behind Ruki's back, but not cheating. If anything, she took it as an opportunity to see how it felt to hurt someone else. Though at least in the end after doing this, she realized she loved Ruki which I guess you could look at it like she changed for the better.

So seeing someone behind your back and having sex with them doesn't count as cheating, "just" betraying your feelings? And even if we assume it isn't cheating, so it is totally ok to "just" take a opportunity to see how it feels to hurt someone's else and betray them? She purely, out of her own curiosity, wanted to see how it feels to cheat on someone, because that was what her boyfriend did to her. And the scariest part was that it turned out, she enjoyed it and realized she is actually much colder and cruel than she is. And it wasn't even certain that that experience would change her feelings toward Ruki. She might as well felt shitty after doing it and choose to break up with her instead out of guilt. Sure, it made her realized she doesn't need protection of someone else as she thought before, and instead she could be the strong one to protect someone and then when driving, she saw how helpless Ruki was and felt being together might not be bad, but that hardly justify what she did. If I was in Ruki's shoes, I'd not date her, because I wouldn't be able to trust her fully after it. Sacchan was lucky Ruki was so deeply and helplessly in love with her, so as long as she would date Ruki, Ruki was ok with what she did. It feels like you are trying to deny that what Sacchan did was terrible in order to get a perfect, happy ending.

No, I'm not. I'm just saying in this context, while she did hurt Ruki, she technically wasn't cheating because they weren't together.

Insignificant
6bf226425af0
joined Dec 5, 2016

I have very, very ambivalent feelings about this manga. Oh, it's good at some extent, and it's fucking pisses me off on the other! Will never read it again.

last edited at May 14, 2017 9:24AM

joined Apr 1, 2017

Having read this for the second time, I can sympathize with everyone, even Remi (who I think wasn't completely honest about what she felt for Ruki or Sachi). However Sachi definitely comes off as the absolute worst person in the whole thing, even until the end. She was completely serious about fucking Remi at the end, and was willing to tell Ruki that she would if she felt like it while not allowing anyone else to touch her "girlfriend". I don't even think for one second that Sachi actually loves Ruki in any way since even a sadist has limits to what they would do to someone they love and Sachi seems perfectly content to stomp on Ruki's heart without a second thought, that's more the kind of behavior you show towards someone you completely despise. She's an obedient dog that Sachi can fuck over without feeling bad at all about it, since she'll always come crawling back to her. Ruki is at fault for this too for going along with it, though I'm surprised their "friends" are okay with one of them being treated that way so blatantly. Hell, I'm pretty sure Asuna even warned Ruki about Remi, presumably for a good reason, but is okay with this arrangement and turn of events, even after having her own heart broken by someone under somewhat similar circumstances (loving someone who can't give you what you actually want).

The worst part isn't even all this, its that Sachi didn't once apologize for what she did. It would be easier to swallow if she at least felt somewhat bad about breaking her best friend's heart like that, but her expressions during chapter 13 clearly tell you that she doesn't feel even an ounce of remorse for her actions. Meanwhile, Ruki's internal dialogue shows that she wanted Sachi to reject her if she didn't actually want to be with her because she knows that she didn't want to actually have sex with her. But now her personality and pride have been crushed and she doesn't even care anymore about herself as long as Sachi doesn't abandon her. Remi didn't really do anything wrong, she just enabled Sachi to be her true self, and I'm sure even she was surprised at the level of cruelty that someone could express towards someone they supposedly cared about.

This whole thing was a roller coaster ride of pain and I'm glad its over.

Edit: After reading the extra chapter a third time, you could get the sense that I guess Sachi does care about Ruki somewhat, and that their relationship became better over time. However I still believe that its like Remi says, that Sachi is straight, and would toss her aside without even thinking about it when the time came for her to love a man.

last edited at Jun 2, 2017 11:18PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Having read this for the second time, I can sympathize with everyone, even Remi (who I think wasn't completely honest about what she felt for Ruki or Sachi). However Sachi definitely comes off as the absolute worst person in the whole thing, even until the end. She was completely serious about fucking Remi at the end, and was willing to tell Ruki that she would if she felt like it while not allowing anyone else to touch her "girlfriend". I don't even think for one second that Sachi actually loves Ruki in any way since even a sadist has limits to what they would do to someone they love and Sachi seems perfectly content to stomp on Ruki's heart without a second thought, that's more the kind of behavior you show towards someone you completely despise. She's an obedient dog that Sachi can fuck over without feeling bad at all about it, since she'll always come crawling back to her. Ruki is at fault for this too for going along with it, though I'm surprised their "friends" are okay with one of them being treated that way so blatantly. Hell, I'm pretty sure Asuna even warned Ruki about Remi, presumably for a good reason, but is okay with this arrangement and turn of events, even after having her own heart broken by someone under somewhat similar circumstances (loving someone who can't give you what you actually want).

The worst part isn't even all this, its that Sachi didn't once apologize for what she did. It would be easier to swallow if she at least felt somewhat bad about breaking her best friend's heart like that, but her expressions during chapter 13 clearly tell you that she doesn't feel even an ounce of remorse for her actions. Meanwhile, Ruki's internal dialogue shows that she wanted Sachi to reject her if she didn't actually want to be with her because she knows that she didn't want to actually have sex with her. But now her personality and pride have been crushed and she doesn't even care anymore about herself as long as Sachi doesn't abandon her. Remi didn't really do anything wrong, she just enabled Sachi to be her true self, and I'm sure even she was surprised at the level of cruelty that someone could express towards someone they supposedly cared about.

This whole thing was a roller coaster ride of pain and I'm glad its over.

Very eloquently put, darling. I was enjoying all the pain, until the end -- I was completely appalled by how Ruki went back to Sachi. I agree with you about how she was absolutely despicable, but sadly I stopped feeling too bad about Ruki when she accepted being Sachi's doormat.
I think Remi is the best girl tho.

joined Apr 1, 2017

I'm not a perfect person either, but Remi's sophistry didn't really do it for me. I'm actually awful, maybe more than the people in this manga, but even I've never shown that kind of contempt towards a person I was with.

But I can't deny that Amano knows how to stir you up and get you mad, or make you feel for the people in her works while simultaneous making you want to kill them. She's a master and I look forward to reading the rest of Ayame 14 when its translated and whatever else she produces.

joined Jun 4, 2017

...good girl my ass.. Shit was messed up and I don't understand why she'd like to see what it felt like being apart of the cheating party. Dumbest shit I've heard makes me all flustered, at least Remi can be honest about her self though Sacchi she has some things to work on. Honestly Ruki should've just left her ass, it's bound for Sacchi to mess with her head anyway and leave her weak. -_- It was a bad idea in the first place thinking Sacchi would rebound so fast, she's just playing her

Itzameapotterhead
Img_pzb2xa
joined Jul 4, 2016

rereading this again (ノω・、)...

joined Apr 27, 2017

Ugh.. this is pretty darn depressing. I'll eventually be back for the last 3 chapters... Like, I feel pretty darn pissed off that a story with almost no male presence could be this depressing. I might need to go reread Girl Friends again.

joined Feb 1, 2017

Sacchi is cruel. Remi is meh. Fue is cute. Yagi gets turned on too easily. Ruki is too innocent. Maa is great. Mera irked me a lot but was alright at the end.

But still, I wanted Ruki to dump Sacchi and for Sacchi to realise what she have done wrong.

Arg
joined Jan 17, 2014

Isn't this one fun? Ruki falls in love with someone and after she breaks up with her boyfriend, Ruki is probably thinking she got a shot to being happy with her, they start (kind of?) going out and then Sacchan, like a bored teenager, just decides to cheat on her just to see how it would feel, and what kind of things someone who prey on woman would do to her in that situation, lovely!
Really can't blame Remi here, like she said, if Sacchan wanted it, she had to initiate and she did.
I liked it, it's realistic in the sense that even if you fall in love with someone that acts and looks pure and innocent, she might surprise you in a good, or terrible way.
And Remi just did what she wanted, neither with Ruki or Sacchan did she do any real mental manipulation or something of the sort, just got them interested and went for it.
She helped out in some cases as well, so it's not like all she did was "betray"(she didn't betray anyone, Sacchan did).

last edited at Aug 27, 2017 1:20PM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I have very, very ambivalent feelings about this manga. Oh, it's good at some extent, and it's fucking pisses me off on the other! Will never read it again.

Yeah, I got pissed off at the last 1-3 chapters when Sachi decided to do it with Remi, I thought it my mind "Nah, she wouldn't do that...she has Ruki." Welp, I was wrong. I really felt like I wanted to flip a table

I also wish that Sachi would've just turned Ruki down, Ruki definitely deserves someone way better...especially when Sachi has an intent to cheat because of her ex-boyfriend

Besides, it seems Sachi wants to fuck girls for the fun of it like Remi does

last edited at Oct 26, 2017 9:01PM

C44d8dc6-30f6-464b-9df6-21306e5b293c
joined May 16, 2017

Man, did not enjoy the ending. Remi was a generally shitty person from the very start, Saachi became (or at least revealed) herself a shitty person, and it generally feels like the relationship won't last. It very much felt to me as though most any and all genuine love was from Ruki, and Sacchi doesn't truly love her. It also seemed highly likely that Sacchi is going to end up cheating on Ruki again.

I was just so disappointed Sacchi actually kept sleeping with Remi. Absolutely thought she was better than that, and totally came out of left field for me. Ruki and Fue both deserve much better people in their lives. Doesn't really feel like a genuinely good ending for most of the cast. Almost seems sort of hollow, and rather temporary.

Remi worst girl.

last edited at Nov 1, 2017 3:44AM

Suguru-doujima-136886
joined Sep 20, 2017

why the hell Fue is the most loved character of this? I don't hate her, but i personally think she's boring and i felt bad for Asuna. I'm not saying she MUST love sex or anything like that, but she's really selfish. In the entire manga she just did whatever she wanted to...

last edited at Jun 20, 2018 6:06PM

joined Nov 26, 2017

I just simply love it.

Fenart
joined Jul 22, 2017

why the hell Fue is the most loved character of this? I don't hate her, but i personally think she's boring and i felt bad for Asuna. I'm not saying she MUST love sex or anything like that, but she's really selfish. In the entire manga she just did whatever she wants to...

Cause she's adorable.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Man, I'm glad it's over. I'm glad it happened, too, because it was quite an experience, but still, I'm glad it's over. Just... what a wild ride, man.

__ex_keine_kamishirasawa_keine_and_kamishirasawa_keine_touhou_drawn_by_rebecca_keinelove__dac6b62f1c1ee61618ab14504ccd5a1b
joined May 30, 2018

there have been few times where i've hated every single character in a manga. in fact only one. this is the one that gets the that crown. hopefully it wears it with pride. every character was selfish and manipulative, or just didn't have any guts at all to really figure out any problems. then at the end they decide to stay friends and lovers even after all the awful things that they've done to each other. i know that's what shunita was going for since she based them off the seven deadly sins but it still hurts deep inside.

__ex_keine_kamishirasawa_keine_and_kamishirasawa_keine_touhou_drawn_by_rebecca_keinelove__dac6b62f1c1ee61618ab14504ccd5a1b
joined May 30, 2018

nooo come on fucking saachan fucking ruki chan fuckin amano shinuta fucking remi fuck everyone this was by far the worst seires that i ve reed fuuuuck everyone, im so mad/sad/cracked righ now

i agree so much dude

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Now this was a well crafted and memorable read.

joined Dec 18, 2018

I don't think I've ever had such a drastic change of feelings towards a character as I did towards Sachi over the last couple of chapters. She went from a character I symphatized with into a character I wanted to rot in emotional hell for a few years to repent her actions.

Like I even understood the first time she cheated, being confused about her personality, sexuality and just plain temptation, many people would falter under those circumstances....once.

Then the final chapter rolls around and we find out it wasn't just once, it was several times. Suddenly what was left of my sympathy toward her was replaced by loathing and anger. Then we get the scene where she tells Ruki about it all, no regret, no apology, no karmic retribution over her actions. No she gets a happy ending despite everything. That just didn't sit right with me. I think for the first time in forever I would have been happy with an ending where the couple I had been rooting for the entire series wouldn't end up together.

Perhaps the problem is that what their relationship is like after the final chapter is left quite a bit a mystery. Only clues we get are from the extra chapter where we have the scene with Remi where she flirts with both of them. Sachi hits her when she flirts with Ruki, but is more than happy to flirt back. Just left a very bad taste in my mouth. Sachi is happy to rip open the wounds left by her cheating just to tease Ruki. As a result I really can't see a future with them where Sachi doesn't cheat again.

If the author wanted to convince us that their relationship was going to be solid we really needed a chapter that expanded on what their relationship became. Perhaps about their graduation trip, with a scene where Sachi finally realizes just how much she loved Ruki, and how much she hurt her with her actions in the past, and finally truly apologizing. I think then I would have been comfortable with their relationship.

If the intention however was to leave us in doubt then good fucking job and fuck you author.

/rant over

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I am not going to comment every time I re-read this but I wanted to leave it on a high note. Every time I do re-read it, I get more out of it. It's on my short list of yuri masterpieces. And I have to say, Sachiko and Ruki (Sachiko's last name is even quite, quite similar to Ogasawara, you know, and Ruki is somewhat similar to Yumi) have a good relationship -Ruki is 100% committed and Sachiko told her family about her already. It's the kind of thing Fukasawa Yumi would have killed to have with her Sachiko.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Reading this has wounded my heart. I don't think I'll recover from these scars.

joined Apr 13, 2019

interesting read. different than how most mangas go and while i didn’t like the relationships they felt real.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I remember years ago reading this story. I was looking for Sweet guilty live bites and didn't know this was the same author!
It's one of these stories that stick out and you remember. Amano Shuninta is one of the very good authors/artists out there.

Anyway, I really liked this. I don't like half of the characters are a person, but I like reading about them and that's a very important thing of good story telling.
The pair I didn't like was Ruki and Sachan. As characters they are interesting, but besides what everyone else has already said about the cheating situation too, I never felt any chemistry between them. Sachan feels like she's with Euki because she doesn't have anyone better for now. I honestly don't see them lasting in the future at all. I don't think she loves Ruki.

I really liked the friendship between Ruki and Fue. Also Fue and Asuna relationship was interesting. I think they'd have chances to make it work in the future.
I don't like Remi at all, but she is useful for making people reveal the worst part of themselves. Her character reminds me of the snake from the Eden garden. She's the temptation personified. There were hints here and there about her back-story, but there weren't enough for me to make her likeable or more than just someone who stirs things up.

I liked Massa and her grandpa was adorable. I was scared he'd actually die after his first wobble. Meru was also interesting because she is the character who is the most emotional needy. So that part of her made a very good combination with her need for food. Because a lot of the time people are using food to replace their emotional needs.
Ruki, Fue, Massa and Meru are not bad people. They just have their flaws.

[steam]yunocchi13
joined Apr 20, 2015

A pretty pessimistic read. Sobering for some maybe, but not really my kind of thing, though I did like the breakup between Fue and Asuna. Compared to the rest of the characters, their relationship was one I could believe in, and empathize with.

To reply you must either login or sign up.