Forum › Scanlator Recruiting & Project Discussion

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

@1992marigold
Do you mean that it's a spread where the image is turned on the side, and thus taller? Either way, I suggest simply combining the pages like this. If you don't have perfect/digital scans (i.e. ones that don't meld together perfectly), you can splice them together by finding the right spacing, and adding a black/white line to fill the space between, like this.

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

@1992marigold
Do you mean that it's a spread where the image is turned on the side, and thus taller? Either way, I suggest simply combining the pages like this. If you don't have perfect/digital scans (i.e. ones that don't meld together perfectly), you can splice them together by finding the right spacing, and adding a black/white line to fill the space between, like this.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. I, actually, debinded this particular book. Scanned both pages next to each other. They lined up will but there were a number of holes and the line down the middle to repair.

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Anyone know how to download an RAR file with Japanese characters in the file name? I'm trying to get one off of Mediafire, but the hiragana shows up like this ?????.rar. I've found complicated ways of writing code online. Is there an easy to understand how to do this?

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

have you changed your computers region settings to Japan?

Mifuyu%206
joined Dec 31, 2015

Hello, I'm Wari from TFO Scans, a scans group that focus on Madoka Magica-related doujinshi. Currently, my group is searching for:

• Quality checker
  • Proofreader
  • Chinese translator (we have few Chinese raws that we want to work on)

If you're interested in joining or want more information about any positions, please send a message at TFOScans's Tumblr, TFOScans' email address, or you can contact me personally at my Tumblr.

Thank you very much.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I need a advice.

I finished translating new work by Otsu Hiyori, but I have a issue with tittle. It's ナツメグ, which mean nutmeg, but it is not mentioned in story at all. Unless it comes into play later or there is some meaning of nutmeg I'm not aware of which can fit into story, then I feel like it is kinda weird title. There is also the fact that one of characters is named Natsume, so I thought maybe there is some connection that way, but I couldn't think of anything. So I'm not sure if I should just leave it as Natsumegu or tl it, since in case other option turns out to be more relevant, it isn't ideal to change title later.

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

I need a advice.

I finished translating new work by Otsu Hiyori, but I have a issue with tittle. It's ナツメグ, which mean nutmeg, but it is not mentioned in story at all. Unless it comes into play later or there is some meaning of nutmeg I'm not aware of which can fit into story, then I feel like it is kinda weird title. There is also the fact that one of characters is named Natsume, so I thought maybe there is some connection that way, but I couldn't think of anything. So I'm not sure if I should just leave it as Natsumegu or tl it, since in case other option turns out to be more relevant, it isn't ideal to change title later.

I just read your post and did a little research. It's a soccer term that is used in a few other sports. In English, a nutmeg is when a person passes the ball (or puck) through the opposing team members legs to be received by your own team member. Your own team has to retain possession. Hope it means something to you for the story. Thank you for translating an Otsu Hiyori story.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

1992marigold posted:

I just read your post and did a little research. It's a soccer term that is used in a few other sports. In English, a nutmeg is when a person passes the ball (or puck) through the opposing team members legs to be received by your own team member. Your own team has to retain possession. Hope it means something to you for the story.

At this point in story, it doesn't really, but thanks for trying ;3

Thank you for translating an Otsu Hiyori story.

My pleasure ;3

1992marigold
Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

have you changed your computers region settings to Japan?
Excuse me, for not replying back. Especially since once I figured out how to do that it worked!
A site called manga-zip / sakurafile. All the file names are in hiragana, but you can search for manga using the Roman alphabet, too.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Hi, I had a doujin that I typeset myself, I want post here on Dynasty but the request section is not eficience
can you help me?

Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

As I understand it, you need to have the translation uploaded somewhere first (a file sharing service etc.). Then, while logged in to Dynasty, in the upper right corner, click on your name, and select "Upload Request". Fill in as much information as you can.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Hi, I had a doujin that I typeset myself, I want post here on Dynasty but the request section is not eficience
can you help me?

Hello, the reason your typesets and translations have not been accepted in the past via the upload request is that they weren't of acceptable quality for upload. Sorry about that, but you'd need to seriously revamp them if you wanted them added.

Qndkfwtexmw51%20-%20kopie
joined May 20, 2014

It's been a while but we're opening recruitment for:
- proofreaders with a firm grasps of English grammar, must be active too: experience not required, but should have a decent level in English. And must of course be Native speaker.
-one experienced cleaner for Kimi no Tame nara Shineru: must have cleaning experience or know how to use stamp tool and redraw things. Photoshop required, though if you know how to do the same things in GIMP or other programs, that's fine too.
You will be tested in all positions. Please apply with past experience, motivation and how much time you'll be able to spare for scanlation work here: https://mai88eternalscarlet.wordpress.com/contact/. Thank you.

last edited at Jun 14, 2017 7:01AM

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

A question about translating accents. I'm working on a girl's sports manga called Asahinagu that is posted on bato.to. An early chapter had a character (one-time appearance)with such a strong accent his own students couldn't understand him and neither could the non-native Japanese translator. A Japanese friend told me it was a variation of a Kyushu dialect called Saga-ben. I used a simplified version of Jamaican patois. But, another character has since been introduced who will be sporadically appearing. She speaks Kumamoto-ben. Her accent is commented upon. So far, only in the sense of "where is she from?" How do others translate these regional accents? I don't want to make it too rough sounding and I'm trying not to go with the American southern accent trope.

Lazy_Lily_SHiN Uploader
Aoi-face-template-copy
Lazy Lily
joined Feb 28, 2015

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

CHAOSTEAM is looking for an additional translator from Japanese to English
titles that we are currently working on are
CITRUS,NTR,MY UNREQUITED LOVE
anyone interested please contact us on sadnesswillprevail82@gmail.com
and Xevia.hanado@gmx.ch

-Shinigami

last edited at Jul 11, 2017 3:35PM

totalbodyworkout
joined Aug 7, 2017

hi there. its me, vivian, i studied japanese for 4 years in college and i'm ready to help translate or proofread for the yuri scanlation project of your dreams. sfw or nsfw but not interested in incest, rape, lolicon, bdsm etc. i'll probably troll through the thread for active projects but i thought id put my info out there first.

hit me up
email: totalbodyworkout413@gmail.com
discord: totalbodyworkout#9870

edit: Thanks to those who reached out! Just to let you know, I've joined up with the Zartlichkeit du Yuri as a translator and proofreader.

last edited at Sep 11, 2017 4:57PM

Feather
joined Feb 4, 2017

Titan here, a typesetter from TFO Scans. We're currently looking for typesetters for Madoka Magica!

The only two requirements is to have a good typesetting program (Photoshop or Gimp, preferably Photoshop) and be a very big fan of the Madoka series!

No prior experience necessary. We're willing to teach!

You can contact me via:

Reddit: /u/Titan0fPower
Discord: Titan0fPower#6871
Tumblr: tfoscans.tumblr.com .

Just fyi, our group won't do Hentai.

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

CHAOSTEAM is in search for an additional translator from Japanese to English.
our main projects are CITRUS,NTR,MY UNREQUITED LOVE.
If you wish to be part of the team contact us on our facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/Chaosteam/

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Anyone want to quality check stuff for me?

Feather
joined Feb 4, 2017

TFOscans is currently recruiting for translators and redrawers, and also looking to collaborate with other groups if possible.

We do Madoka Magica related content, and we have an influx of C93 raw scans we'd like to tear through.

You can contact us through tfoscans.tumblr.com or message me on discord: Titan0fPower#6871

TheWidow-Sensei
Capture%20_2019-08-15-23-46-48-2
joined Dec 1, 2017

Can original content made and scanlated by the own forum members be uploaded?

last edited at Mar 4, 2018 8:36AM

Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

Cleaner Remove dirty foreign text from page.

It might be better to rephrase this, as it could be interpreted in an offensive way. :/ I don't, but a friend was checking out the forums the other day and left with a really negative impression.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

I'm thinking about working as Typesetter. Does anyone need?

Saki.-.the.player.full.1418900
joined Mar 21, 2015

I'm thinking about working as Typesetter. Does anyone need?

We do. How can I contact you?

To reply you must either login or sign up.